• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 May 2018 - 05:49 PM

WHAT THE FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Posted Image

WEAPON BALANCE DO YOU EVEN?

OKAY CLAN LASERVOMIT ALWAYS STRONK. NEED NERF.

OKAY, SIX CLAN ER MEDIUMS TOO MUCH MAYBE. WE REDUCE IT TO FIVE, MMKAY?

NO! WE SKIP FIVE! WE REDUCE IT TO FOUR!

THIS IS NOT HOW YOU BALANCE A GAME. THIS IS HOW YOU UPROOT IT.

MCII can still have a 76-pinpoint alpha. BUT GOD FORBID AN ADDER RUN FIVE MEDIUM PULSE, HA! And two heavy large Shadow Cat too OP. rofl. rofl. rofl. rofl,

PRIME EXAMPLE of over-reacting and skipping a rung on the ladder that is iterative changes. Please tell me these are typos.

At least the Annihilator got an appropriate nerf, and the new map layout looks great.

#62 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 05:51 PM

Blood Asp DOA due to THIS CHANGE, AND SO IS THE HELLFIRE!!!!

#63 Spartan0536

Rookie

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 05:55 PM

I have only been playing this game now for just under 1 month so here are my thoughts on this...

1 HLL before ghost heat? 1? Really? I would love an explanation for this, although I will never get one, perhaps NGNGtv could, or Baradul.

4 Mediums before ghost heat, I am ok with that

I am also surprised not to see a C-Gauss nerf with this, but that would affect Blood Asp sales now wouldn't it.

Also what in the 9 hells is up with the gauss housing on the blood asp? Did your 3D modellers get lazy? Either flip them so the gauss is top mounted or change the **** design, good lord.

PGI is angering more of their dwindling community and is hoping that BattleTech brings in some new blood to cover the loss, of which I am one, but my patience has a limit, and if you are not careful you will end up only martyring the MWLL guys,

#64 Skippynibble

• PipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 05:58 PM

Agree with most people the energy change are not a positive change

#65 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 05:58 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 11 May 2018 - 03:26 PM, said:

Gotta say that I hate to admit this...
....but whomever wrote the actual details of the patch... is showing that there actually is some thought going on at PGI about some of the changes made as opposed to "We randomly did these changes".

Good to see some of the love and enthusiasm for Mechwarrior finally return to PGI and MWO.

Haters are gonna hate, just how things are. Its taken a really long time to do many of these long needed fixes, as such some will fear change or fuss because they didn't get "moar moar moar" without having to trade something in return.

Side note: I'm looking forward to using Clans again. To be able to use Clans without having to be forced to go laser vomit actually sounds kinda nice.

#66 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 06:00 PM

"we have decided that allowing one faction to compound on easily boatable weapons that deal 40% more damage than their IS equival"

please explain how the erml and medpl is doing 40% more per shot?..... not only do you guys need to learn how to balance with out gutting an entire play style, but some math would be nice too...

Edited by Grus, 11 May 2018 - 06:05 PM.

#67 Hayek Lahiri

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fang
  • The Fang
  • 105 posts
  • LocationHoard

Posted 11 May 2018 - 06:01 PM

View PostTarogato, on 11 May 2018 - 05:49 PM, said:

PRIME EXAMPLE of over-reacting and skipping a rung on the ladder that is iterative changes. Please tell me these are typos.

SEARCH YOUR FEELINGS. YOU KNOW IT BE TRUE.

#68 Trenchbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 06:01 PM

View PostKoniving, on 11 May 2018 - 05:58 PM, said:

Side note: I'm looking forward to using Clans again. To be able to use Clans without having to be forced to go laser vomit actually sounds kinda nice.

Very few of my Clan Mechs even have laser weapons as I mostly SRM+Autocannon brawl, so I'm in the same boat. Only laservom Clan mechs I even had didn't get affected by this patch anyhow.

#69 Skippynibble

• PipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 06:02 PM

[color=#222222]Continued thought...the previous patch changes have been positive...this is ok … … but the energy changes.... we need balance through diversity not pull down weapons that statistically are OP. Being different is good...different is different game play[/color]

#70 DFM

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 261 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 06:04 PM

View PostSereglach, on 11 May 2018 - 03:46 PM, said:

While any and all balance improvements are appreciated, I am disappointed by the lack of Flamer changes. They still need to be fixed. In addition to their core flaws, the fact that they function completely different between Solaris and everything else, and this is only known to people who read all of the minute details on the forums, is just unacceptable for any game mechanic. Putting in secret mechanics (literally secret . . . the average player that doesn't check the forums will know nothing of the functionality differences) is just bad form for any game.

The fact that Solaris is the one place that the busted "vanilla" Flamers might have had some viability and instead they've been utterly destroyed for that game mode is another -also disappointing- thing entirely.

Please, I've outlined how it can be done in the step-by-step incremental changes that Paul wants. You just need to do it, or something similar to it; but it needs to be done. The Flamer really should be at fixed flat values that function the same in all game modes, will be easier to balance and manage, and create a more enjoyable experience with the weapon system that also makes it a truly viable weapon.

Or read patch notes. You didn't have to troll the forums and have access to some secret sub-forum to figure out the changes to the flamer mechanics for S7, but you did have to read the patch notes. The information was out there. I guarantee you even clicked through a pop-up with the patch notes link in it to get to the game.

Here's a hint to find new changes to the game after a patch. READ THE PATCH NOTES.

PS. Clan energy weapons got worked again, i'll let you figure out how though.

#71 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 11 May 2018 - 06:07 PM

And after digging through 3.05 pages of upset posts, I'm left with one question.......

WHY THE HELL DIDN'T YOU TRIAL ALL THESE WEAPON/CHASSIS ALTERATIONS ON THE "PUBLIC TEST SERVER", AND COLLECT APPROPRIATE FEEDBACK FROM YOUR COMMUNITY, PGI?!?!? :angry:

...because this would have been a prime time for doing so. Further, working with your Community (instead of against it) would lead to a far better development and release of changes, as you could then collect information on effects before it hit the Live Production Servers. Frankly, using the Entire MWO Community as Test Subjects is way beyond disrespective. In fact, it makes me think of a Dilbert Comic which I read recently...

Posted Image
(Source @ http://dilbert.com/strip/2018-05-03)

...which causes me to facedesk at how horribly accurate that it happens to be right now. -_-

~Mr. D. V. "PGI has officially 'jumped the shark'... DAMNIT!" Devnull

#72 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 06:08 PM

With most MK II's having lower arm actuators and high mounted weapons, we feel that the previous tuning on the torso yaw left their threat range to be a bit too wide compared to many other Assault 'Mechs, which made it difficult for lighter, more venerable mechs to make the most out of flanking against them. We have brought the Torso yaw angles into line with other assault 'Mechs to provide it with a bit more counter-play opportunities for lighter targets to stay out of their threat arC"
...SO.. now my MKII's are going the way of the KDK??? fml

#73 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 06:08 PM

View PostSpartan0536, on 11 May 2018 - 05:55 PM, said:

1 HLL before ghost heat? 1? Really? I would love an explanation for this, although I will never get one, perhaps NGNGtv could, or Baradul.

I could make an attempt.

1 HLL is 18 damage. That's fine. 2 HLL is 32 damage. That's fine.

But then you got 2 HLL (32) + 6 ER ML (60) = 92 damage... and you're still powered on and built well, maybe you're at 70% heat so in about 6 seconds you do it again without shutting down. Insta-gib from 400+ meters. Not only that but pull this off in 4+4+6 (14) tons.
Oh and no ghost heat currently for that combination.

Now, you can do 1 HLL + 5 ER ML for 68 damage alpha. Its 9 tons.

Also if that limit is just on HLL and not going to other large lasers then...
Then you can soon combine 2 LPL + 1 HLL + 5 ER ML = 20 + 18 + 50 = 88 (but requires an extra 7 tons to pull off for a total of 6+6+4+5 = 21 tons).

We could get around the BULL of it all if we had an ALL INCLUSIVE GHOST HEAT... but ghost heat 2.0 aka Energy Draw was shut down by the players... so instead of "3 HL is good, so long as nothing else is firing at the same time", we got "No more than 1 HL, no more than 5 ER ML, no more than X of Y... But you can fire all these together without punishment."

End result: Rainbow colored Laser vomit.

Edited by Koniving, 11 May 2018 - 06:16 PM.

#74 DFM

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 261 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 06:09 PM

View PostTarogato, on 11 May 2018 - 05:49 PM, said:

WHAT THE FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Posted Image

WEAPON BALANCE DO YOU EVEN?

OKAY CLAN LASERVOMIT ALWAYS STRONK. NEED NERF.

OKAY, SIX CLAN ER MEDIUMS TOO MUCH MAYBE. WE REDUCE IT TO FIVE, MMKAY?

NO! WE SKIP FIVE! WE REDUCE IT TO FOUR!

THIS IS NOT HOW YOU BALANCE A GAME. THIS IS HOW YOU UPROOT IT.

MCII can still have a 76-pinpoint alpha. BUT GOD FORBID AN ADDER RUN FIVE MEDIUM PULSE, HA! And two heavy large Shadow Cat too OP. rofl. rofl. rofl. rofl,

At least the Annihilator got an appropriate nerf, and the new map layout looks great.

pfft, 2 HLL on a shadowcat. This really kicks my 2HLL Cipher in the nuts... Then again, depending on the actual ghost heat, maybe not.

#75 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 06:11 PM

View PostSkippynibbles, on 11 May 2018 - 06:02 PM, said:

[color=#222222]Continued thought...the previous patch changes have been positive...this is ok … … but the energy changes.... we need balance through diversity not pull down weapons that statistically are OP. Being different is good...different is different game play[/color]

"Not pull down weapons that are statistically OP" but "balancing through diversity" means that if we want the other weapons to be viable, they must also become statistically OP to compete with those that are...thus, power creep ramped up to 11.

#76 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 06:12 PM

View PostKoniving, on 11 May 2018 - 06:08 PM, said:

I could make an attempt.

But then you got 2 HLL (32) + 6 ER ML (60) = 92 damage... and you're still powered on and built well, maybe you're at 70% heat so in about 6 seconds you do it again without shutting down. Insta-gib from 400+ meters. Not only that but pull this off in 4+4+6 (14) tons.

Then you can soon combine 2 LPL + 1 HLL + 5 ER ML = 20 + 18 + 50 = 88 (but requires an extra 7 tons to pull off for a total of 6+6+4+5 = 21 tons).

AND is HAS A 0 HEAT PPFLD THAT CYCLES FASTER THAN 6 SECONDS.....

#77 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 11 May 2018 - 06:13 PM

<<<snip>>>

I could make an attempt.

Uhm... pardon me... but aren't you mixing up your C-HML and your C-ERML a bit?!?!? :wacko:

~Mr. D. V. "This post of yours doesn't read properly to me..." Devnull

#78 Marius Evander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 06:14 PM

Once again PGI .... seriously, overkill on the medium clan lasers should have changed it by 1 not 2,

The Fafnir and banshee changes are correct.

The atlas changes are wrong for solaris, atlas get cored more than side torso'd, cant twist diaper.

Edited by Cadoazreal, 11 May 2018 - 08:20 PM.

#79 Noguchi-san

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 102 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 06:18 PM

I could make an attempt.

We could get around the BULL of it all if we had an ALL INCLUSIVE GHOST HEAT... but ghost heat 2.0 aka Energy Draw was shut down by the players... so instead of "3 HL is good, so long as nothing else is firing at the same time", we got "No more than 1 HL, no more than 5 ER ML, no more than X of Y... But you can fire all these together without punishment."

End result: Rainbow colored Laser vomit.

Get your math rght - c-erml are doing 7 dmg not 10.
Also you will need to bring in burnduration.

And compare that to the IS Laser Vomits - with this Patch the BlackKnight will be the Mech with the highest Laser Vomit Alpha without Ghostheat.

#80 ArcRoyale

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 70 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 06:22 PM

[redacted]

Edited by Tina Benoit, 25 May 2018 - 02:01 PM.
bait/nonconstructive

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users