148 replies to this topic

#101 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 01:48 AM

View Posttker 669, on 25 May 2018 - 01:41 AM, said:

I played against you guys on Terra Therma assault, in which we lost (you were also in that one for sure because I remember it had been a while since I saw you in CW). There was a gen rush as well on Boreal.

Terra game we had terrible pugs, and myself and a couple others played really poorly. Our communication was off and people did not follow calls. To deal with Linebackers though, you need a good amount of space and height to make sure they are not fresh coming in. The team also needs hard focus on legs because you guys are running and twisting the whole time.

The Linebacker tactic the way you guys do it is strong against IS armor advantage. Waves of them is draining and really tough. Positioning even for experienced players is hard to even get too.

Guess my point is that the tactic puts you in the position that makes it hard, at times to cover the objectives as well. Not so much on that assault where we had the platform overwatch, but other modes like siege and domination. So you saying it is stupid to not cover objectives is kind of insulting if you are talking about skilled folks who know how to play. Especially since in games that I have been in lately, those couple of wins were the first in a while.

There are easy counters too. Four Wolfhounds could have sprinted/snuck on past the Night Gyr's and capped while eight stalled you at platform. Thing is that would not be something you'd want to bring if you happened to run into someone other than Kcom.

So your tactic is strong and can be brought pretty much everywhere. This is why I really would like it if PGI changed it so that you could choose your deck after you see who you are fighting. You played MRBC this season right... part of why I watch is those tactics let's say 228 takes in against SA vs what they do versus someone else as an example.

Same idea on Boreal, we were set up for the 99% of matches on that map. 1G's are pretty terrible against Linebacker gen rushes, but please don't suggest I am a moron somehow for doing so. Cause if I was set up in my Kcom counter deck all of the time, I'd be losing to pugs and bad units a lot. Just a side note, recently I have got folks in my drop to bring Assassins first wave to Alpine which gets off snipe/lurm fest quickly, I just don't do that every time, every map. I do get it though and why you guys do it. Oh and then there is the flak BCMC used to catch for everyone bringing 3 Whammy 6R's and a Cicada 2B everywhere except ranged maps back in the day... so again I get it.

Don't get the wrong idea as well, I think Boreal is cancer. It is boring to defend (if lurms are a viable and dangerous defense....) and imo not balanced to attack. No other map puts you in such peril to open the bloody gate. Gen rushing too doesn't really bother me anymore. Don't care about win/loss when I am pushing a silly 14+ wlr because barely any skilled player are around playing the mode. A good deal of the time running into you guys is about the only time there is any question about the W.

If solely up to me, and a team wants to gen rush I'd let them. Like I said don't care. Literally I would stand aside if they want the win that bad in the dying mode with hardly anyone around worth fighting, have at it. Wouldn't fire a shot even. Am actually trying to get my guys to adopt this as wins and ratio mean nothing anymore. Don't care about tags on planets, especially since I can't field a 12 man of BCMC. At best we will have 5 or 6 of us and rely on friends to fill out the rest.

So what I am really after is interesting matches. Even the multiple Linebacker rushes we've foiled recently has gotten old. It's fast pace and all, but getting and holding a position and shooting legs is not exactly rocket science, it's tough don't get me wrong, but not challenging as far as scope goes. It's also so repetitive doing over and over match after match. Like that last match on Terra, where I played poorly. I wasn't into it. Couldn't motivate myself to get into it or care. Usually after a loss I am pumped to get back out for a rematch, but instead I went and did something else. Now stopping you folks in Anni's and Cyclop's is what I am craving right now. Matches against you guys were much closer to 50/50 wlr last time you guys were IS.

So we're Clan right now and will probably stay that way for a while, especially since right now fights are pretty good if you get Goon and you are a 6 to 8 man. Think some of the Evils are still up for stopping the waves of Linebackers, but not I (I'm content with only losing twice to it or Kcom in recent memory Posted Image). I kept hoping I'd run into a situation where you were all in Mad Cat MKII's or a lovely pack of Orion IIC's barrelling towards me, but to no avail.

Please don't read any hate into what I am saying towards you guys. Going and hanging out with some of the Bacon guys opened my eyes a bit to the whole 'don't hate the player, hate the game'. Which I love to hate this game. Love playing it, hate the decisions PGI has made to the only mode I am really interested in. Hate the population level and how it feels like there are only a handful of decent players even around playing it. Hate that if I run in a twelve hoping to meet another good unit, how much agro it causes bad units and the poor pugs we encounter (hey even had a nutjob saying he was going to fight people at mechcon 2018 because of losing ffs....). Hate if I only run six (not all BCMC even) I inevitably get those same poor pugs on my side and end up losing to bad units, who then generally rub it in like the groupie Kcom wanna be unit you guys sometimes drop with did tonight. Just generally hate and am frustrated that the future is pretty bleak considering the life cycle/age of the game and likelihood of meaningful changes correcting all of the gripes being almost guaranteed to be zero. Really don't think that BCMC will even be around that much longer and don't know what else I can even get from this game, and it makes me sad.

What I do know is that while I am still around I will be looking for decent and interesting fights. I won't be switching our contract so we can meet up against you guys as we did before because in spite of being up on wins, it isn't worth it anymore. That'll probably switch when you go back to IS and I am sure some of those I was in that last one against you will be up for thwarting the zerg rushes, so you will have your same old rivalry but I am out.

Sir, this is a McDonald's drive thru.

#102 Elad

• PipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 48 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 08:24 AM

Hate if I only run six (not all BCMC even) I inevitably get those same poor pugs on my side and end up losing to bad units, who then generally rub it in like the groupie Kcom wanna be unit you guys sometimes drop with did tonight. Just generally hate and am frustrated that the future is pretty bleak considering the life cycle/age of the game and likelihood of meaningful changes correcting all of the gripes being almost guaranteed to be zero. Really don't think that BCMC will even be around that much longer and don't know what else I can even get from this game, and it makes me sad.

What I do know is that while I am still around I will be looking for decent and interesting fights. I won't be switching our contract so we can meet up against you guys as we did before because in spite of being up on wins, it isn't worth it anymore. That'll probably switch when you go back to IS and I am sure some of those I was in that last one against you will be up for thwarting the zerg rushes, so you will have your same old rivalry but I am out.

I think I was in those matches you are referencing. I didn’t get involved in the **** talking, and was frankly to drunk to actually read the messages, but the few drops we got against you guys and ccrider were the best we got last night. I just wished some of them had been fought out to the end instead of ending early via objective. The Terra Therma drop was the last drop I did last night and it was a tough win. If your pugs had played better you would have won, no question.

Edited by Elad, 25 May 2018 - 09:17 AM.

#103 J a y

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Trinary Nova Captain
  • Trinary Nova Captain
  • 125 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 11:35 AM

Hate if I only run six (not all BCMC even) I inevitably get those same poor pugs on my side and end up losing to bad units, who then generally rub it in like the groupie Kcom wanna be unit you guys sometimes drop with did tonight.

Yeah ISMO sucks tbh

#104 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 12:02 PM

I can count on one hand the gen rushes I've been part of in the last 6 months. However we certainly do pressure gens if the other team just goes to a corner a sets a firing line. We're all here to fight and shoot stompy robbits - however part of that is deciding when, where and how a fight happens to advantage your side and disadvantage the other. That's why the game has objectives, they prevent one side from just turtling.

I'm curious - if we took Orions and KDK3s and tucked into a corner that would require you to come brawl us out, would you guys ignore objectives and just charge in with your range trade deck and get smashed? Or would you just wait out the timer (which has happened in somewhat similar situations) or would you hit objectives and try to force us to come out where you had a better position?

Honestly if every match in FW played like Skirmish I'd get bored with it. I'm here to shoot robbits; I'm here to fight, I think we all are. However the strategy and tactics piece is what makes the game fun for me and I think many others. How do you put the enemy into a bad position, if you screw up wave 1 how do you come out with a win. W/L isn't about winning - it's about how you play all the tools (often very **** tools, I agree on hating the game) in the game to win. Because that's the actual point. Shooting robbits is awesome. It's the crux of the game but if the game had no other strategy or tactics to it then it would get boring.

However, yeah. I can count on 1 hand the number of times in the last 6 months I've heard the call 'we're going to rush gens'. However 'pressure the gens to get them to come out' comes up a lot. Then if the other team just doesn't, they hide in a corner and want us to rush their firing line we just burn the gens down.

I end up shooting gens in a LBK like less than 1 match in 20 though. You're right about their use against tonnage; IS sets a firing line of 12 assault mechs with armor quirks the LBK lets us get around to one side of it and kill them in a bunch of 12 v 2 fights. Even if we end the first wave only 6-12, the other 6 assaults are likely chewed to **** and now we're functionally ahead on tonnage. By the 3rd wave of LBKs we're ahead on kills and the other team is in mediums and lights.

LBK isn't incredible individually, it is strong in groups and in waves against other mechs just because it can out-maneuver bigger, heavier teams and punches way above its weight.

View PostJ a y, on 25 May 2018 - 11:35 AM, said:

Yeah ISMO sucks tbh

Yep. Bunch of a-holes. Only good thing about them is they have the best nicknames on their discord.

#105 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 12:06 PM

View PostScoops Kerensky, on 25 May 2018 - 01:48 AM, said:

Sir, this is a McDonald's drive thru.

Makes me so sad. Once, long ago when factions mattered, we were going to make them all Arbys.
Posted Image

I miss when hating you guys was funny.

#106 ANOM O MECH

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 993 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 07:12 PM

View PostJ a y, on 25 May 2018 - 11:35 AM, said:

Yeah ISMO sucks tbh

Well their leader seems to be pretty thick.

Doesn't get that the best way to do his public relations is to not engage and go away.

#107 ANOM O MECH

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 993 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 08:38 PM

View PostElad, on 25 May 2018 - 08:24 AM, said:

I think I was in those matches you are referencing. I didn’t get involved in the **** talking, and was frankly to drunk to actually read the messages, but the few drops we got against you guys and ccrider were the best we got last night. I just wished some of them had been fought out to the end instead of ending early via objective. The Terra Therma drop was the last drop I did last night and it was a tough win. If your pugs had played better you would have won, no question.

Nah you guys should go ahead and take whatever win you can. Rub it in when you manage to beat four of us and a couple friends, it's all good.

All you accomplish is isolating yourselves from other teams. I get to drop with some of the best players around the game. It helps me a great deal in improving my game and such. Let me go from a player who thought putting up 1500 damage as being a great game, to one that regularly and daily does 2000 or better (unless running around with Evils chasing damage where I am outclassed...).

Folks generally like to drop with us and I figure it is for much the same reason I drop with Evil a lot. So all Jay has done, is cause agro. Even when asked to stop he refused and kept poking. Guess it feels really good to beat a four man of BCMC and a couple of friends??? To make it worse he then (again) came over to the channel.....

So enjoy being able to drop with Kcom when they are short. Hopefully some of the class those guys have will rub off on you guys. Certainly though you won't be dropping with us any time soon.

#108 ANOM O MECH

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 993 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 09:49 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 25 May 2018 - 12:02 PM, said:

I can count on one hand the gen rushes I've been part of in the last 6 months. However we certainly do pressure gens if the other team just goes to a corner a sets a firing line. We're all here to fight and shoot stompy robbits - however part of that is deciding when, where and how a fight happens to advantage your side and disadvantage the other. That's why the game has objectives, they prevent one side from just turtling.

I'm curious - if we took Orions and KDK3s and tucked into a corner that would require you to come brawl us out, would you guys ignore objectives and just charge in with your range trade deck and get smashed? Or would you just wait out the timer (which has happened in somewhat similar situations) or would you hit objectives and try to force us to come out where you had a better position?

Honestly if every match in FW played like Skirmish I'd get bored with it. I'm here to shoot robbits; I'm here to fight, I think we all are. However the strategy and tactics piece is what makes the game fun for me and I think many others. How do you put the enemy into a bad position, if you screw up wave 1 how do you come out with a win. W/L isn't about winning - it's about how you play all the tools (often very **** tools, I agree on hating the game) in the game to win. Because that's the actual point. Shooting robbits is awesome. It's the crux of the game but if the game had no other strategy or tactics to it then it would get boring.

However, yeah. I can count on 1 hand the number of times in the last 6 months I've heard the call 'we're going to rush gens'. However 'pressure the gens to get them to come out' comes up a lot. Then if the other team just doesn't, they hide in a corner and want us to rush their firing line we just burn the gens down.

I end up shooting gens in a LBK like less than 1 match in 20 though. You're right about their use against tonnage; IS sets a firing line of 12 assault mechs with armor quirks the LBK lets us get around to one side of it and kill them in a bunch of 12 v 2 fights. Even if we end the first wave only 6-12, the other 6 assaults are likely chewed to **** and now we're functionally ahead on tonnage. By the 3rd wave of LBKs we're ahead on kills and the other team is in mediums and lights.

LBK isn't incredible individually, it is strong in groups and in waves against other mechs just because it can out-maneuver bigger, heavier teams and punches way above its weight.

Like I have said in previous posts, most times Kcom leverages objectives. Like in your hiding brawler example most sensible thing to do is force a team to respond to gens going down. Putting pressure on assault mode cap is an intelligent way to dictate the engagement.

The one hand thing I will take you at your word that you have not been a part of many in the last six months. Gen rushing isn't really a big threat outside Boreal or if a team sweeps through on Vitric. Incursion however is a mode that I have seen Kcom dunk and only games I have won against you guys doing that was when we ran past you in Assassins to do it first. There have been many of those though, but I have no idea how many you were a part of or if you counted that. Nothing about that to me is fun though. Again another situation where the base is just to easy to get into and destroy in one wave. So it is generally in my opinion, best to set up in regular decks with good dps and look for a good fight. Not going to sweat or lose sleep over it if a team wants to rush it, and another time where it's best to just let them do it and move on to play someone else.

Linebackers are great when a unit is coordinated. Think though you were in a match against BCMC (when we could actually put a 12 together) on Tourmaline around last Christmas when we all had dual heavy guass Slepnir's. It did not go well for you guys. In that match we were pretty sure it was going to be you and we were prepared. That's my biggest gripe, is that there are these tactics that are almost like loopholes because they catch you off guard or are something you can't prepare for because if you meet most other teams you're screwed. So unless I know for sure I am getting you guys, I will have a 1G ready for Boreal or Polar...you get my drift.

Skirmish and the boredom? Yeah I get it. I am bored now. Best fights I got today was running 5/6 of my guys and a couple guys we met on our new TS against 12 mans from a couple of different units. But I miss being able to get a twelve together and not be hated for it. Miss being able to run up against good competition which simply is not around. I heard you say something about beating good teams lately...who? Outside of Friday, Evil generally doesn't run full twelves. BCMC hasn't fielded a full twelve outside of being reinforced by Evil guys and other friends we have (Lhommex is a frequent and welcomed visitor for example and Hazeclaw who is a beast...both Canadians which is totally a bonus). I am also bored of wave after wave of Linebackers. So much so that I am looking to fight others instead and big part of the reason we went Clan. If I had lost more than a couple of times to it by you guys I would probably be fighting tooth and nail to figure out the counter and get the W. That has not been the case though, and it doesn't work so well against a twelve with competent players. Be different if there was a bunch of good teams running around and I got to play against a variety of styles. Instead we'll end up facing off against you three times in a row doing the exact same thing. Yeah...nope. Will wait for you guys to go back IS before we go looking to mix it up with you.

#109 J a y

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Trinary Nova Captain
  • Trinary Nova Captain
  • 125 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 12:27 AM

View Posttker 669, on 25 May 2018 - 07:12 PM, said:

Well their leader seems to be pretty thick.

Doesn't get that the best way to do his public relations is to not engage and go away.

You spelled thicc wrong.

Anyways, we like winning because losing feels bad. That's it. We're LEGITIMATELY a bad unit.

Edited by J a y, 26 May 2018 - 12:27 AM.

#110 Elad

• PipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 01:46 AM

View Posttker 669, on 25 May 2018 - 08:38 PM, said:

Nah you guys should go ahead and take whatever win you can. Rub it in when you manage to beat four of us and a couple friends, it's all good.

All you accomplish is isolating yourselves from other teams. I get to drop with some of the best players around the game. It helps me a great deal in improving my game and such. Let me go from a player who thought putting up 1500 damage as being a great game, to one that regularly and daily does 2000 or better (unless running around with Evils chasing damage where I am outclassed...).

Folks generally like to drop with us and I figure it is for much the same reason I drop with Evil a lot. So all Jay has done, is cause agro. Even when asked to stop he refused and kept poking. Guess it feels really good to beat a four man of BCMC and a couple of friends??? To make it worse he then (again) came over to the channel.....

So enjoy being able to drop with Kcom when they are short. Hopefully some of the class those guys have will rub off on you guys. Certainly though you won't be dropping with us any time soon.

I’m not currently in a unit and have never been in ISMO. I drop mainly solo and with small groups.

#111 Hal Greaves

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 304 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 08:26 AM

I'm so happy to come back and see that this NKVA thread more or less went as I expected it too.

It really brings back fond memories

#112 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 09:04 AM

View PostHal Greaves, on 26 May 2018 - 08:26 AM, said:

I'm so happy to come back and see that this NKVA thread more or less went as I expected it too.

It really brings back fond memories

I'm not. We got, like, 3 memes? Then it devolved into spats over gen rush vs hiding in DZ vs who's in what unit and such.

Ccrider is an ex-Davion playing in Clans and he gets out more memes and Dear Coordinators than this thread had managed.

This thread has such feeble Kuritan propaganda that Smoke Jaguars wouldn't even bombard it from orbit.

#113 J a y

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Trinary Nova Captain
  • Trinary Nova Captain
  • 125 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 10:23 AM

View Posttker 669, on 25 May 2018 - 08:38 PM, said:

To make it worse he then (again) came over to the channel.....

I deadass came by to say what's up. I'm genuinely sorry if that rubbed you the wrong way.

#114 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 10:47 AM

View PostJ a y, on 26 May 2018 - 10:23 AM, said:

I deadass came by to say what's up. I'm genuinely sorry if that rubbed you the wrong way.

Excuse me sir.

This is NKVA thread.

Only serious business and feels are allowed here.

Please return when you have more salt.

#115 ccrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 11:56 AM

Excuse me if my clan speak is a tad off, I'm too lazy to look anything up;

I, ccrider of clan Nova Bat declare this forum the property of my fellow turnip farming tube babies. If any dare oppose please present your forces for immediate glorious combat, wherein I will either Pug herd my heart out and win a tight game or listen to the rahizel remix of Krewella's come and get it and throw linebackers at you till I pass out at the keyboard. Till all are one, or whatever clanners say at the end. Surat? Batchall?

#116 ANOM O MECH

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 993 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 12:23 PM

View PostJ a y, on 26 May 2018 - 10:23 AM, said:

You're not getting it.

You troll during match, then drop by to say hi.

If you can't figure it out or just enjoy being a troll that's fine.

I have a real simple way of stopping this back and forth which is to block you in game, and make sure you understand you are not welcome to pop by.

There is enough salt and agro we have to deal with and don't need anymore of it. If you are genuinely sorry, you'll simply accept what I am telling you and move on.

Either way this nonsense between us ends now.

View PostJ a y, on 26 May 2018 - 12:27 AM, said:

You spelled thicc wrong.

Anyways, we like winning because losing feels bad. That's it. We're LEGITIMATELY a bad unit.

The way you are going you will LEGITIMATELY stay that way...

#117 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 12:41 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 26 May 2018 - 09:04 AM, said:

I'm not. We got, like, 3 memes? Then it devolved into spats over gen rush vs hiding in DZ vs who's in what unit and such.

Ccrider is an ex-Davion playing in Clans and he gets out more memes and Dear Coordinators than this thread had managed.

This thread has such feeble Kuritan propaganda that Smoke Jaguars wouldn't even bombard it from orbit.

I hate to say it but we’ve been bested. The latest self important crybaby blubbering about how bad his feelings are hurt while pretending to be tough in the graveyard of cw is beyond anything we can parody.

#118 Chef Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 908 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 12:51 PM

I played against you guys on Terra Therma assault, in which we lost (you were also in that one for sure because I remember it had been a while since I saw you in CW). There was a gen rush as well on Boreal.

Terra game we had terrible pugs, and myself and a couple others played really poorly. Our communication was off and people did not follow calls. To deal with Linebackers though, you need a good amount of space and height to make sure they are not fresh coming in. The team also needs hard focus on legs because you guys are running and twisting the whole time.

The Linebacker tactic the way you guys do it is strong against IS armor advantage. Waves of them is draining and really tough. Positioning even for experienced players is hard to even get too.

Guess my point is that the tactic puts you in the position that makes it hard, at times to cover the objectives as well. Not so much on that assault where we had the platform overwatch, but other modes like siege and domination. So you saying it is stupid to not cover objectives is kind of insulting if you are talking about skilled folks who know how to play. Especially since in games that I have been in lately, those couple of wins were the first in a while.

There are easy counters too. Four Wolfhounds could have sprinted/snuck on past the Night Gyr's and capped while eight stalled you at platform. Thing is that would not be something you'd want to bring if you happened to run into someone other than Kcom.

So your tactic is strong and can be brought pretty much everywhere. This is why I really would like it if PGI changed it so that you could choose your deck after you see who you are fighting. You played MRBC this season right... part of why I watch is those tactics let's say 228 takes in against SA vs what they do versus someone else as an example.

Same idea on Boreal, we were set up for the 99% of matches on that map. 1G's are pretty terrible against Linebacker gen rushes, but please don't suggest I am a moron somehow for doing so. Cause if I was set up in my Kcom counter deck all of the time, I'd be losing to pugs and bad units a lot. Just a side note, recently I have got folks in my drop to bring Assassins first wave to Alpine which gets off snipe/lurm fest quickly, I just don't do that every time, every map. I do get it though and why you guys do it. Oh and then there is the flak BCMC used to catch for everyone bringing 3 Whammy 6R's and a Cicada 2B everywhere except ranged maps back in the day... so again I get it.

Don't get the wrong idea as well, I think Boreal is cancer. It is boring to defend (if lurms are a viable and dangerous defense....) and imo not balanced to attack. No other map puts you in such peril to open the bloody gate. Gen rushing too doesn't really bother me anymore. Don't care about win/loss when I am pushing a silly 14+ wlr because barely any skilled player are around playing the mode. A good deal of the time running into you guys is about the only time there is any question about the W.

If solely up to me, and a team wants to gen rush I'd let them. Like I said don't care. Literally I would stand aside if they want the win that bad in the dying mode with hardly anyone around worth fighting, have at it. Wouldn't fire a shot even. Am actually trying to get my guys to adopt this as wins and ratio mean nothing anymore. Don't care about tags on planets, especially since I can't field a 12 man of BCMC. At best we will have 5 or 6 of us and rely on friends to fill out the rest.

So what I am really after is interesting matches. Even the multiple Linebacker rushes we've foiled recently has gotten old. It's fast pace and all, but getting and holding a position and shooting legs is not exactly rocket science, it's tough don't get me wrong, but not challenging as far as scope goes. It's also so repetitive doing over and over match after match, wave after wave. Like that last match on Terra, where I played poorly. I wasn't into it. Couldn't motivate myself to get into it or care. Usually after a loss I am pumped to get back out for a rematch, but instead I went and did something else. Now stopping you folks in Anni's and Cyclop's is what I am craving right now. Matches against you guys were much closer to 50/50 wlr last time you guys were IS.

So we're Clan right now and will probably stay that way for a while, especially since right now fights are pretty good if you get Goon and you are a 6 to 8 man. Think some of the Evils are still up for stopping the waves of Linebackers, but not I (I'm content with only losing twice to it or Kcom in recent memory Posted Image). I kept hoping I'd run into a situation where you were all in Mad Cat MKII's or a lovely pack of Orion IIC's barrelling towards me, but to no avail.

Please don't read any hate into what I am saying towards you guys. Going and hanging out with some of the Bacon guys opened my eyes a bit to the whole 'don't hate the player, hate the game'. Which I love to hate this game. Love playing it, hate the decisions PGI has made to the only mode I am really interested in. Hate the population level and how it feels like there are only a handful of decent players even around playing it. Hate that if I run in a twelve hoping to meet another good unit, how much agro it causes bad units and the poor pugs we encounter (hey even had a nutjob saying he was going to fight people at mechcon 2018 because of losing ffs....). Hate if I only run six (not all BCMC even) I inevitably get those same poor pugs on my side and end up losing to bad units, who then generally rub it in like the groupie Kcom wanna be unit you guys sometimes drop with did tonight. Just generally hate and am frustrated that the future is pretty bleak considering the life cycle/age of the game and likelihood of meaningful changes correcting all of the gripes being almost guaranteed to be zero. Really don't think that BCMC will even be around that much longer and don't know what else I can even get from this game, and it makes me sad.

Me: Holy crap! This is painful to look at. *turns on my monitor and looks at this post* oh my god this isn't any better

#119 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 12:51 PM

View PostScoops Kerensky, on 26 May 2018 - 12:41 PM, said:

I hate to say it but we’ve been bested. The latest self important crybaby blubbering about how bad his feelings are hurt while pretending to be tough in the graveyard of cw is beyond anything we can parody.

Yes, but you of all people know being beaten isn't the end!

Switch to Clan, drop against ISMO and mass report them until they are banned. Be sure to include their salacious use of contractions of "both of" and say it triggered you.

Then when they are banned you can go back to IS, then troll the same groups ISMO trolled until they hate you the most again.

That would be so Clan Wolf levels of cheesy you would truly deserve your Kerensky bloodnames.

Well, that or get them in your Happy Meal like most of the old CW Wolf players did. Personally I preferred the easily breakable Transformer knock-offs.

#120 SteamCharts Kerensky

• PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 11:31 PM

Edited by SteamCharts Kerensky, 26 May 2018 - 11:32 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users