Dear Pgi...

38 replies to this topic

#21 50 50

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 15 May 2018 - 11:55 PM

View PostSpare Parts Bin, on 15 May 2018 - 02:06 AM, said:

I hate to hear this news. What is the fix? How can these games FP and QP improve?

Quick Play Solo queue seems to be pugging along nicely.
But Quick Play Group queue might as well be dead as it can be very difficult to get a match.
Faction Play suffers the same problem.

While Faction Play without a doubt needs a variety of fixes and a massive increase in the depth and immersion, it would be easy to argue that the problem of wait times and just getting a match is the first problem to solve for both QP Group Queue and FP.

View PostJohnathan Tanner, on 15 May 2018 - 03:22 AM, said:

8v8 is against the entire spirit of Faction warfare.

This is for big unrestricted fights between units.

I'll agree that Faction Play was conceived with the idea of units fighting it out and where they would live and breath.
But seeing as trying to get a 12v12 match can be difficult, it's more like the mode they go to wheeze, die and fade away.
Could say the same for the Quick Play Group queue.

Would it not be preferable to still be able to play the mode in smaller team sizes when the active population is lower instead of having to go to a different mode all together?
It should be possible to have smaller conflicts of 4v4 or 8v8 if it's not possible to get the full 12v12.
The system should be dynamic to simply allow the battles to occur.
The more people can play the more they will play.
It would also instantly create more variety in the games which in turn keeps it more interesting.

#22 Spare Parts Bin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 16 May 2018 - 06:20 PM

Just hoping MWO QP and FP can/will be fixed before it dies. I hate to even think much less just type that.

#23 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 16 May 2018 - 06:40 PM

PGI is all about MW5 now.

All we can really expect are fire sales of Mech Packs and MC through to the end of this year, as they try to eke a little more cash from those of us who are left.

#24 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 16 May 2018 - 06:44 PM

View PostSpare Parts Bin, on 16 May 2018 - 06:20 PM, said:

Just hoping MWO QP and FP can/will be fixed before it dies. I hate to even think much less just type that.

What?

FP died with FP3.0 patch dude.

What you play today is a tiny shadow of what it was.

#25 Spare Parts Bin

• Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 06:58 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 16 May 2018 - 06:44 PM, said:

What?

That is too bad. My memories of FP were not great but it seemed better lately when I was not on the receiving end of a seal clubbing. A straight up fight against two somewhat equally weighted teams is better than a stomp. Even beating an enemy or losing to an enemy is better at 35 vs 48 over 12 to 48.

#26 TheRealChupacabra

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 09:17 PM

One small change I would like to see, is being able to queue for FP while still being able to use my mechbay - looking at that "searching sign" sucks ... so we could at least play around with loadouts and whatnot.
And maybe let players queue for multiple modes at the same time?

#27 Jack Booted Thug

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 549 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 16 May 2018 - 09:33 PM

What?

Technically, it died about halfway through phase 2. That was a long, long, long, wait for an update. That's when I noticed most units really thinning out and fewer and fewer 12 mans, with more mixed / small groups. I think that was the turning point for many, I quit for a couple months out of sheer boredom.

#28 Black Ivan

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:41 PM

FP is dead and done. PGI is centering on MWO 5 now what ever Russ and his followers claim to do.
MWO is the cash cow to fund the newer game after the Transverse crowdfunding fiasco

#29 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 17 May 2018 - 03:52 AM

What?

And that 'tiny shadow' of what it was, is still something we want to play. OFC we want it better and it can be!

PGI knows for a fact we CW players want to play CW and that is our mode of choice. It IS the reason we are here, besides friends. Hell, they were going to shut down CW for MONTHS - can you imagine playing MWO during those months? I can't....

They stopped shutting CW down because we told them not to, this "dying mode" that "nobody" plays was saved from being shelved for months by these very same players.

PGI also mentioned that CW would be a focus after Solaris, true or not we shall see.

They do hear us, they do listen. It is time to start shouting very loudly to make damn sure they hear us clearly.

#30 Q

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 137 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 07:28 AM

Step 1: Stop creating new threads on the forums.
Step 2: Harass Russ on twitter.
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Profit.

The More You Know...

#31 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 May 2018 - 08:14 AM

View PostTWIAFU, on 17 May 2018 - 03:52 AM, said:

They do hear us, they do listen. It is time to start shouting very loudly to make damn sure they hear us clearly.

FACTION PLAY OR NOTHING!!

#32 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,998 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 17 May 2018 - 08:28 AM

View PostJohnathan Tanner, on 15 May 2018 - 03:22 AM, said:

8v8 is against the entire spirit of Faction warfare.

This is for big unrestricted fights between units.

what are your thoughts on asymmetrical drops?
that is a drop where light lance/heavy/assault lance are in close proximity to each other
where they could choose to engage or run for the join up

#33 xX PUG Xx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 17 May 2018 - 09:28 AM

View PostDavegt27, on 17 May 2018 - 08:28 AM, said:

what are your thoughts on asymmetrical drops?
that is a drop where light lance/heavy/assault lance are in close proximity to each other
where they could choose to engage or run for the join up

Due to the nature of both the Drop Deck (Tonnage restrictions, 4 'Mechs required) and of the match maker system (requiring 12 players but not necassarily in one group) there is vert rarely a breakdown of lances in this way.

The only asymmetrical gamemode we have is the original FP maps and Invasion/Defence mode: something I enjoy on a tactical level but many bemoan as being illconceived or simply unfair. The mode doesn't require a breakdown of lances by weight and pretty much punishes the team that doesn't coordinate or has a massive split in tonnage, speed or armour.

So although I understand what you are asking, the only mode it is relevant to is Quick Play.

#34 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 11:18 AM

View PostEisenhorne, on 13 May 2018 - 08:07 PM, said:

Do you *really* think MW5 is going to be good? I dropped a bunch of money on the Founders pack for MWO when they were promising a good Mechwarrior experience with faction play. The promises being made about MW5 sound similar. Fool me once....

Not going to preorder, but the stupid bit is that Solaris in terms of setting and UI design is great. If people PLAYED Solaris, especially the 2 v 2, I'd play the **** out of it. 2 v 2 in Solaris is some of the most fun to have in this game. It clearly got more TLC than FW ever did. I'd like to think PGI has learned and grown with time. QP is all QP can be. You try to do anything at all to QP and there's riots.

I'm just hopeful because there's not really any alternative. They're not going to touch FW. It's pretty clear that if FW caught fire PGI wouldn't piss on it to put it out. They clearly just wish it would go away and we would forget it ever happened. However it was clearly a huge draw, had many thousands of players at first drawn by the original promises and to this day probably gets more players than Solaris does. If Unreal is better able to support it they would be stupid not to look at a new version of FW instead of a new version of Solaris.

#35 Aylward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 606 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCleveland, OH

Posted 17 May 2018 - 03:05 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 17 May 2018 - 11:18 AM, said:

If Unreal is better able to support it they would be stupid not to look at a new version of FW instead of a new version of Solaris.

That's never stopped them before..... so I have zero hope for such a thing from them at this point.

#36 Spare Parts Bin

• Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 02:22 PM

View PostBishop Six, on 17 May 2018 - 08:14 AM, said:

FACTION PLAY OR NOTHING!!

AMEN brother Preach it Reverand Preach it!!!!!

#37 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 May 2018 - 10:46 PM

View PostSpare Parts Bin, on 19 May 2018 - 02:22 PM, said:

AMEN brother Preach it Reverand Preach it!!!!!

In the beginning Russ created the heavens and the earth.2 Now the earth was formless and empty, Clanners were over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of Russ was hovering over the waters.
And Russ said, “Let there be a Inner Sphere,” and there was a Inner Sphere of his universe.4 Russ saw that the Inner Sphere was good, and he separated the Inner Sphere from the Clans.5 Russ called the IS “sweet,” and the Clans he called “cool.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day of MWO.

Edited by Bishop Six, 19 May 2018 - 10:47 PM.

#38 elduderino83

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 12:50 PM

Danger: PUG opinion (even a ****** one... yeah shame on me)

brakets indicate wishful thinking

-No consequences: Be it bad strategic/tactical decisions or actually achieving goals. (il-Khan or Khans assigning value Targets, with the whole bidding shenanningans. That´s what we´re here for goddamnit. And as a result of that honour to those who deserve it.)

-No strategic component: The ammount of shredded mechs in a single 8 hour phase would blow both sides straight to Dark Age no WoB needed. (Damnit, Planets don´t even have something like a resupply rate not to speak of the thin stretched and vunerable infrastructure that would be needed to maintain a stagnant front like we got currently. Not speak of actually conquering high priority planets with their respective mech production lines and the strain it would inflict to set it up elsewhere > Boom suddenly scouting gets a purpose)

-No representation of auxilliary forces like tanks and elementals.- (What about AI controlled consumeables?)

-Lackluster company command > How about giving a Base a purpose by housing an on-Battlefield HQ (one person trusted with company command which could actually spawn AI controlled auxiliary force consumeables and command lances. Boom suddenly Loyalty Ranks get a meaning other than grinding it for the very "mediocre" MC reward(in relation to the timeinvestment needed), a title to "shine" in your info and every once in a while bash a PUG with.)

just 2 worthless PUG pence

Edited by elduderino83, 20 May 2018 - 12:55 PM.

#39 50 50

• 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 31 May 2018 - 07:34 PM

View PostSpare Parts Bin, on 16 May 2018 - 06:20 PM, said:

So much hope.

I seriously think that right at the moment we should request that the Siege maps and mode, Scouting mode and the ability to select drop decks should be added to quick play.
Close down FP itself to completely rebuild it.... or just forget the whole thing as 'too hard'.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users