38 replies to this topic

#1 xX PUG Xx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 13 May 2018 - 04:31 PM

... I realise we are a minnow in your small pond.

BUT

You are killing my unit and it's will to keep playing your game. This in itself may not be a huge worry to you but if you were to look at the creation dates of the profiles involved you would realise there is something far wrong with situation.

The current FP situation is untenable and (this is my opinion but I may be wrong and can accept that) the long term players are looking for something that will proactively encourage a long term involvement in the game.

Since the implementation of the current phase of FP it has lacked direction and involvement for the playerbase: we are left feeling disconnected from the Factions of our choice and the indepth Lore behind the current conflict. The previous iterations encouraged (although without intent) a sort of player driven Lore conflict, backed up by the actual map/planetary fights.

As I have stated many times: I am NOT a programmer, I do not have your skills in this department but PLEASE for the love of this game. Please give some thought to what needs to be done.

#2 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts
  • LocationCurrently dodging the pugs war crimes tribunal

Posted 13 May 2018 - 04:44 PM

View PostxX PUG Xx, on 13 May 2018 - 04:31 PM, said:

Please give some thought to what needs to be done.

They have. Ignore it until it goes away Posted Image.

Seriously tho, yeah its getting really bad now. Most everybody is gone.

#3 Mordale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,008 posts
  • Locationon some backwater rock of a planet

Posted 13 May 2018 - 04:44 PM

2nd Posted Image

#4 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 05:08 PM

BUT

You are killing my unit and it's will to keep playing your game. This in itself may not be a huge worry to you but if you were to look at the creation dates of the profiles involved you would realise there is something far wrong with situation.

The current FP situation is untenable and (this is my opinion but I may be wrong and can accept that) the long term players are looking for something that will proactively encourage a long term involvement in the game.

Since the implementation of the current phase of FP it has lacked direction and involvement for the playerbase: we are left feeling disconnected from the Factions of our choice and the indepth Lore behind the current conflict. The previous iterations encouraged (although without intent) a sort of player driven Lore conflict, backed up by the actual map/planetary fights.

As I have stated many times: I am NOT a programmer, I do not have your skills in this department but PLEASE for the love of this game. Please give some thought to what needs to be done.
this post makes me sad.

#5 Spare Parts Bin

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 13 May 2018 - 05:34 PM

BUT

View Postccrider, on 13 May 2018 - 05:08 PM, said:

this post makes me sad.

Me as well, QP and FP need to be well for all of us.

#6 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 05:47 PM

4 NKVA showed up in a couple of drops. Someone almost felt something from the nostalgia. Even NKVA didn't bother spamming shitposts in the thread it was mentioned in.

PGI just put 10x the effort into Solaris as they ever put into FW. FW has had 100x the players as Solaris. If FW had gotten the same investment and attention to detail it would still have thousands of players.

It's a bitter irony and frustrating to think about. Solaris was chasing players from other games who would never come to MWO while the people who did and would play were never the audience they wanted.

I hope MW5 is amazing and I hope this is all lessons learned. It seems like PGI feels like they screwed up FW ANF it's just a broken hot mess they don't want to touch it.

We are not the community PGI wanted or needed, we are the one they deserved.

#7 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 06:01 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 13 May 2018 - 05:47 PM, said:

4 NKVA showed up in a couple of drops. Someone almost felt something from the nostalgia. Even NKVA didn't bother spamming shitposts in the thread it was mentioned in.

PGI just put 10x the effort into Solaris as they ever put into FW. FW has had 100x the players as Solaris. If FW had gotten the same investment and attention to detail it would still have thousands of players.

It's a bitter irony and frustrating to think about. Solaris was chasing players from other games who would never come to MWO while the people who did and would play were never the audience they wanted.

I hope MW5 is amazing and I hope this is all lessons learned. It seems like PGI feels like they screwed up FW ANF it's just a broken hot mess they don't want to touch it.

We are not the community PGI wanted or needed, we are the one they deserved.
Posted Image

#8 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 13 May 2018 - 08:07 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 13 May 2018 - 05:47 PM, said:

Do you *really* think MW5 is going to be good? I dropped a bunch of money on the Founders pack for MWO when they were promising a good Mechwarrior experience with faction play. The promises being made about MW5 sound similar. Fool me once....

#9 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 May 2018 - 01:22 AM

It seems for PGI its a miracle where paying players coming from.

Pro Tip: From Battletech universe not from playing Call of Duty!

You want money? Here i am grown up (or pretend to be) and have money. I spent this year about 300-400 € only for games (not including hardware)

You want me to buy MW 5?

ONLY WITH MY GODDAMNED FACTION PLAY WHICH IS THE ONLY THING WORTH TO PLAY OF YOUR PACKAGE OF ACCIDENTS CALLED SOFTWARE !!

You are NOT the reason i still stay here, my freinds are. And we dont play in QP because that makes no sense to get tonnage punishment because we have friends. Solaris can you put in where the sun never shines

You hear me? My friends are the point of playing MWO, not the genius of Russ and his design decisions! Better say: Altough Russ is trying to keep me away from playing MWO, my friends manage it that i stay.

You want to serve childish fps-call of duty players AND old veterans from the 1980's TT ?

Possible, but difficult. Perhaps it would make sense to create a Quick game mode for quick fun for f2p fps player...just lets call Quickplay (smart huh?)

AND it would be smart to create a game mode for the immersive universe slower plyaer which enjoy BT on its own and want bigger experince with tactical moments and friends aiding into battle...For the Factions of this great universe. Just lets call that Faction Play.

Mh..me is smart..me doing both, then MWO is prospering!

#10 Burt0n

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 05:49 AM

Couldn't agree more. Lot's of units feeling the same. Unfortunately the powers that be have different priorities. It's just not the same drunken rambling all night to myself on solaris ha. (gave up on solaris after 2 days, really not what I want from this game)

#11 Spare Parts Bin

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 06:01 PM

I care about PGI and MWO. I have never had the great experiences in any other game.

I played. 40K,CAV,Heroclixs, Battle Tech,etc..Probably spent alot more $$$$, not that I have not spent an exorbitant amount of money on MWO.

#12 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 14 May 2018 - 09:08 PM

You unit? That and every other unit for the most part. We've gone from 100+ regularly active down to about 10...

But according to Russ the population, the one that logs in but plays no games, has remained stable. Posted Image

#13 Spare Parts Bin

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 02:06 AM

I hate to hear this news. What is the fix? How can these games FP and QP improve?

#14 -PUSH-

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 34 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationOver yonder

Posted 15 May 2018 - 03:18 AM

spent my last $ on this game. I dont want 1v1 or 2v2... i want you guys to fix 12v12 FP, put some more lore into the game or at the very least make 8v8 fp possible. my unit that i love is tumbleweeds since Shitaris came out.

Shame out of my 152 games on Steam this one has most hours played followed by FF14 that is in a far, far second with 463 hours played since 2016... guess i need to find another fix for the evenings coz this is just meh now.

#15 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 03:22 AM

View Post-PUSH-, on 15 May 2018 - 03:18 AM, said:

spent my last $ on this game. I dont want 1v1 or 2v2... i want you guys to fix 12v12 FP, put some more lore into the game or at the very least make 8v8 fp possible. my unit that i love is tumbleweeds since Shitaris came out.

Shame out of my 152 games on Steam this one has most hours played followed by FF14 that is in a far, far second with 463 hours played since 2016... guess i need to find another fix for the evenings coz this is just meh now.

8v8 is against the entire spirit of Faction warfare.

This is for big unrestricted fights between units.

#16 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 03:26 AM

And what do you mean by lore? Would you like russ to read you quotes from sarna in the lobby?

#17 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 15 May 2018 - 05:22 AM

View PostJohnathan Tanner, on 15 May 2018 - 03:26 AM, said:

And what do you mean by lore? Would you like russ to read you quotes from sarna in the lobby?

"Improvement" over what we have now...

... then again we would prolly end up with the crappy clan voice reading us IS information...

If PGI is unable/unwilling to program a reason or purpose for us to become immersed or stay immersed in the core principle of Battletech, dominance of the Inner Sphere, then a 'simple' copy/paste from Sarna or the three decades of source material would go a long way.

#18 Iron Buccaneer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 290 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:37 AM

My unit is all but dead. Some of our most active members who have been with us since the beginning have quit and most of our other active members have dropped to a pretty low level of activity. We haven't had active Faction Warfare participation since the first few weeks of phase 3. I rarely drop in FW anymore. During phase 2 I almost never dropped in quick play.

I think that despite what Russ or the rest of PGI thinks the bulk of the people who play this game are Battletech and or Mechwarrior fans. I think most people want a viable and dynamic Faction War system where factions matter and each have their own flavor, perks, and flaws. Or at the very least we want control over the map. This setting has some of the best lore in Sci-Fi but it's almost entirely absent form most of the game. They did a good job adding it to Solaris and I'm glad they added it but I don't think it has been as big a hit as they convinced themselves it would be. As others have said they did a heck of a lot better job trying to get the Solaris feel than they ever did with any phase of Faction Warfare. It's sad really.

#19 xX PUG Xx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 15 May 2018 - 10:42 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 14 May 2018 - 09:08 PM, said:

You unit? That and every other unit for the most part. We've gone from 100+ regularly active down to about 10...

Yeah, Sunday night was a real eye-opener. I jumped around the various TS servers I have bookmarked and was really depressed by the lack of activity in any of them. Comstar NA was perhaps the busiest but almost all groups were dropping in QP and there wasn't that many of them.

View PostSpare Parts Bin, on 15 May 2018 - 02:06 AM, said:

I hate to hear this news. What is the fix? How can these games FP and QP improve?

I hate to say it but the big reasons are too big and most likely require a "clean slate" to rectify. Something I imagine PGI would not be willing or possibly able to entertain.

Returning the individual identities (or at the least a "sense" of identity) to the various Factions would be a step in the right direction, for it to truly matter would involve big changes that sections of the playerbase and PGI will most likely not like. However taking the best from previous phases and using them as building blocks would perhaps not be quite so hard to achieve...... getting everyone to agree on what those "best bits" are would be a hard task though lol.

View PostJohnathan Tanner, on 15 May 2018 - 03:26 AM, said:

1. Planetary information: how long has CW/FW/FP been active and 90% of planets have no background information. I could cherry pick information for the majority of the important planets in one night, it's all there on Sarna already.
2. "Enemy satellites are linked with artillery" ..... how long has Long Tom been removed from the game? Hell, I'LL do a voiceover for them if it helps.

That's two easy ones and you already know them Jonathan, the Lore/immersion doesn't have to touch the gameplay (although this needs work too) to give us a sense of engagement/excitement/immersion. It just needs to give us a sense of being involved in something that is bigger than us but that we are an important part of.

#20 Lyons De Flamand

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 146 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 11:55 AM

Always welcome in the a41 channel, Pug

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users