Decal Problem

Camo Spec

4 replies to this topic

#1 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 14 May 2018 - 12:08 AM

So, I'm just here to divert your attention at a glaring problem with "dancing decals".

Ever since the decals have been modified from 6 to 9, we have a running bug where some decals (randomly happening) seem to "dance" about the mech geometry..

So far I noticed the following cases:

NovaCat - had following decals placed on the shoulders: Circle, letter A, and word LRM - the circle danced as the mech moved.. then re-applied the decal.. then the letter A danced.. than re-applied all decals and fixed the bug.

Same exact thing happened on the Highlander.

On the Warhawk - applied a circle and the "If you can read this, you're to close" decal... decal also "danced and moved around" when the mech moved.

On the Supernova - had a star decal placed on the right leg - also danced and moved around.

So you see where I'm going with this..

Since they messed around with decals, some decals don't apply properly and "dance" around mech geometry..

A quick fix is to first remove and then re-apply them.. but would still like the bug fixed.

Anyone else have this issue?

#2 ErektBot

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 01:04 AM

Yes i noticed it too -shifting writing on another pilot's mech, and i think i saw a nuclear symbol "dance" around someone's hip joint -thought it was a hologram projector, but i guess it's not? Im loving the decals in general btw!

#3 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 14 May 2018 - 05:51 AM

View PostErektBot, on 14 May 2018 - 01:04 AM, said:

Yes i noticed it too -shifting writing on another pilot's mech, and i think i saw a nuclear symbol "dance" around someone's hip joint -thought it was a hologram projector, but i guess it's not? Im loving the decals in general btw!

I love 'em too.. When they stay where I put them! :D

#4 Teslacoil

• PipPipPip
  • Star Colonel
  • Star Colonel
  • 93 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 08:16 AM

They have been like that for a long long time. Nothing to do with the increased number of decal slots.

My personal favorite glitch is the one where decals close to the back of knee joints flips to the front of the knee or just a different leg segment entirely every time the knee is bent.

#5 Rhialto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 14 May 2018 - 08:48 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 14 May 2018 - 12:08 AM, said:

Anyone else have this issue?

Look here and make sure to see the date I've posted it.

I think I will make a new video compilation with this issue and all the unfixed shadows... present for ages and reported many times.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users