Why 3 Minutes Game Cycle?!

61 replies to this topic

#41 WaggghBozz

• Pip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 12:56 PM

Plz change this **** timer ! 3 minutes too mutch !

#42 Racerxintegra2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 801 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 01:40 PM

Just got que'd up for a match .. waited 3 minutes was odd man out waited 3 minutes ... no one to fight .. 3 minutes .. no one to fight .. done with Solaris.

#43 Surn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 18 May 2018 - 02:43 PM

The 3 minutes must be the average match time with all the loading screens included.

So, I seem to always arrive from a match with 2:45 to play the next match and it is frustrating AF

View PostUakari, on 16 May 2018 - 08:57 AM, said:

Just got stomped by a high W/L ratio Banshee in Div. 3. The King Crabs are gone and now this, take the ****** assaults out of that division, they dont belong here.

But i d have an idea for the waiting time.

LET THE DIVISIONS START AT A DIFFERENT TIME. Div 1 starts at 00:00, Div at 00:30 and so on. So you can keep the waiting time at 2 or 3 minutes, but we have the chance to get a match every 30 seconds!
Waiting 3 minutes for a stomp or mismatched play is not acceptable.

I agree with this, either shorten the timer or space the launches

#44 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 18 May 2018 - 07:02 PM

I tried to play a few games before work. I kept being the odd man out. After the 2nd time i started dropping out looking only for even number of players. As soon as a 3rd or 5th player shows up I would go to another div. This kind of worked but it sure wasn't fun.

At first i was for longer times to make it more balanced but I was 100% wrong, this is not working. They need to fix the balance in some other way.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 18 May 2018 - 07:03 PM.

#45 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 18 May 2018 - 08:08 PM

In the end the longer queue times achieved nothing but less matches.

#46 M R T

• PipPipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 77 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 07:49 AM

I don't think the low population can support 7 different queues. They have to find a way to make it work with fewer divisions, or just one.

Edited by Morte Nilsum, 19 May 2018 - 07:51 AM.

#47 Exilyth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 19 May 2018 - 04:56 PM

2 minutes would have been fine for testing longer queue times, but 3 minutes is too much.

#48 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 10:59 PM

It does feel a bit long but I think it's good for MM. I usually play several divs and check which of the 3 favourites is most populated, and only play the least populated if there's someone else waiting first.

#49 Kurbeks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 337 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 10:45 PM

3 minutes is far too much. 1 was fine especially as population was low. Now you have to wait 3 mins + 1 min loading and intro video. To play for 2 mins. Solaris going in for quick death.

#50 Zodie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationMotherland

Posted 21 May 2018 - 11:37 PM

View PostRacerxintegra2k, on 18 May 2018 - 01:40 PM, said:

Just got que'd up for a match .. waited 3 minutes was odd man out waited 3 minutes ... no one to fight .. 3 minutes .. no one to fight .. done with Solaris.

Same here. 3 min is waaaay to much! Ppl quit playing Solaris

#51 rawasch

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 03:36 AM

Agreed, 3 min is too much and did not even improve matchmaking because the long wait scares away players or leads to them abandonning the queue.

#52 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 25 May 2018 - 04:59 PM

I don't understand how a 3 minute wait helps, there's never more than 5 players in queue and they are all within the starting range.

#53 Mainhunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 378 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 01:22 PM

No wonder no one plays Solaris: 1 guy in queue - 2:59 sec. till game starts.... sic. And even than it's no guaranty, that you end up in a match.

The hole system is flawed. I would have made a ladder for each division, that shows who is online, and the lesser placed could send one of the above players a challenge, he accepts or not, or a timer runs out. Maybe with a button, that shows you that you are willing to play or being already in a match. Max. 3 matches against the same Player.

Edited by Mainhunter, 26 May 2018 - 01:40 PM.

#54 WaggghBozz

• Pip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 05:54 AM

3 minutes are too long! Change that please!

#55 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 06:07 AM

Yeah. I've tried but it's not a worthwhile wait. This literally chased me out of Solaris.

#56 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 07:43 AM

If you have to wait for the 2nd time around to get a match coz of odd numbers make it the NEXT TIME YOU queue you also get priority.

i also think 3 minutes is too long, especially when i know for fact YOUR MATCHMAKER IS NOT WORKING..... i queue at the same time as 10 other people on a stream, i was 2100, i got matched against someone at 1300, WITH 10 PEOPLE ALSO QUEUED BETWEEN 2100 AND 1300 IS MATCHED ME WITH THE MOST DIFFERENT SSR PERSON ???!!!!

Prehaps make a single queue and you click out divisions you dont want to do like for maps so we have more people in less buckets? at least for 2v2 ?

#57 Racerxintegra2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 801 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 04:24 AM

Solaris is dead. PGI killed another mode. Funny thing is people are literally telling them they are being chased off and they wont make a change.

It made no sense to change the timer from 60 sec anyway, if there is no one playing the timer just reset but at least you didn't have wait 3 minutes when you saw someone in the que.

#58 Old dirty B

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 05:12 AM

I guess the change was more so to allow more people to queue up with the intend to get a bigger pool and thus bigger chances for a more suitable opponent. But as a side result you know have to wait much longer resulting in even less people to queue up.

What i also noticed is that people are waiting for the last 30 or so seconds to decide to join the queue. At the very end of the timer most people hop on...

I think the timer should disappear completely and in place should become a "search opponent" functionality - similar to faction play. If i want to have a game of Solaris i would like to get a matching opponent in the division i want to play. I'm playing div 5 with a rating of about 1700, so when i hit the launch button it will search and keep searching until it finds a player with a similar rating in my division. At the same time, it should send out a "call to arms" notification to all players with a similar rating (+/- 100?) that have signed up for division 5 and have a mech ready to play. It should keep searching until it finds a proper opponent or until i decide to bail out.

Perhaps, if it struggles to find a player of a similar rating, it should widen the search criteria every xx seconds.

Edited by Old dirty B, 30 May 2018 - 05:17 AM.

#59 Mainhunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 378 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 06:50 AM

The hole concept is wrong. Had a match where both agreed to fight again, but we still had to wait 3 minutes.

#60 Surn

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 30 May 2018 - 07:40 AM

I think it is important to point out that nearly noone joins a queue until it is under a minute. So, the longer timer, unless it is to reduce server volume, is pointless.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users