Hide And Peak

6 replies to this topic

#1 Phlynn

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 42 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 06:29 PM

Every match looks the same:

This map reinforces the game play of hiding until another player walks into your alpha for the heavies and assaults.

Lights and mediums sprint around to shoot players in the back.

Map might be interesting if your team has a scout or two, but most lights are played as assassins.

First impression - no tactics, no maneuvering for better positions - just a lot of hide and peak.

The only good thing I've seen is the map discourages a nascar and I haven't been in a match where anyone has tried it.

Edited by Phlynn, 16 May 2018 - 06:29 PM.

#2 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:49 PM

I saw a nascar once... My team stopped it with 2 heavies, (choke points are real) and we swarmed their rear with the rest of our team.

Biggest problem is, this map is only for brawlers. Long and mid-range builds lose here.

#3 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 06:45 AM

View PostBTGbullseye, on 16 May 2018 - 10:49 PM, said:

I saw a nascar once... My team stopped it with 2 heavies, (choke points are real) and we swarmed their rear with the rest of our team.

Biggest problem is, this map is only for brawlers. Long and mid-range builds lose here.

Not true at all.

Try getting some elevation if you need longer line of sight or avoid the narrow channels on the periphery of the center square.

Played both 228 and 42 on solaris city last night, they had no problem finding range.

#4 Damnedtroll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 676 posts
  • LocationFrog land of Quebec

Posted 17 May 2018 - 07:41 AM

View PostPrototelis, on 17 May 2018 - 06:45 AM, said:

Not true at all.

Try getting some elevation if you need longer line of sight or avoid the narrow channels on the periphery of the center square.

Played both 228 and 42 on solaris city last night, they had no problem finding range.

Yes you can do multiple sniper nest up there and bring havoc without mercy.

#5 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 07:49 AM

View PostPrototelis, on 17 May 2018 - 06:45 AM, said:

Not true at all.

Agree with getting height, I did okay with hot-running 4 er ppc kodiak in a few matches on that map last night.
But otherwise it just seemed like everyone else was too timid to charge through on that map.
And they very rarely stayed together, often spread out to the point of making nascaring on other maps look like a good tactical decision... :/

#6 Alexander of Macedon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 04:53 PM

I've noticed that the super-narrow corridors tend to force people to split up instead of deathballing, so you get a lot of spread-out skirmishes and brawls all happening simultaneously. It's nice.

#7 Damnedtroll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 676 posts
  • LocationFrog land of Quebec

Posted 25 May 2018 - 07:29 AM

View PostAlexander of Macedon, on 19 May 2018 - 04:53 PM, said:

I've noticed that the super-narrow corridors tend to force people to split up instead of deathballing, so you get a lot of spread-out skirmishes and brawls all happening simultaneously. It's nice.

Yep it's close quarter and rarely you will see yourself against half the enemy teams and get obliterated in second.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users