I Hope You Have A Good Computer?

8 replies to this topic

#1 Chatin The Skunk

• PipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 64 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 08:27 PM

On max settings I normally average 60fps at 1080 even on maps like Forest colony.

On this map on load in I'm getting 30fps and drops as low as 20. The highest I saw was 40. Other players were reporting less than that on load in with one guy having 17fps.

I mean the map is nice and shiny... But you might want to dial back something...

I7-7700hq
1060 6gb
16gb ddr4

#2 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:50 PM

12-17 FPS... Then again, I'm also running customized medium settings on a low-end laptop from 2013.

#3 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 08:28 AM

Are you streaming, have background updates, file sharing, downloading, or sharing internet bandwidth with others who were watching movies, etc???

Also maybe just try turning off the FPS display and simply see if its playable?

And I merely ask because my 1st solaris city qp last night started with 2 dudes complaining about low fps.
Instead of paying attention to match they spent time complaining and all because they were just below 200 fps.
It reminded me of how every new map gets a wave of complaints, but I'd agree that Solaris City should use more resources.

Anyways from OP's PC stats I'd guess there's a bunch of background programs running.
Because Solaris City is 100% totally playable for me, and my PC is ~5 years old and was a low end gaming rig back then.
FX-8300 , R9 270 2gb , 8gb ddr3

Try running a new game (ie. pre-alpha Star Citizen) to figure out whats using all your GPU, CPU, or network bandwidth.
Could even be something as simple as your antivirus scanning every MWO file and its content stream while you play.

#4 chromanim

• Pip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 01:11 PM

My system is quite out of date, but still runs most things perfectly.

I have an AMD phenom 2 x4 with 8gb ram and a radeon 7850 hd graphics card.
Game runs perfectly on high-ish settings on almost all maps (about 50 fps average), but in solaris city i get as low as 10 fps even on medium settings.
It basically makes the map barely playable for me even in heavy or assault mechs and totally unplayable in lights or fast mediums.

Turn down the shininess. I know they want to cater to the big spenders with the fresh PC's but they should remember that quite a lot of people are still running dated PCs.
For me, every time i step in solaris city, my team might as well be -1 mech from the get-go.

#5 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 17 May 2018 - 08:32 PM

View Postchromanim, on 17 May 2018 - 01:11 PM, said:

Game runs perfectly on high-ish settings on almost all maps (about 50 fps average), but in solaris city i get as low as 10 fps even on medium settings.

Might want to turn off AA, or shadows... Should return your framerates to normal.

#6 Chatin The Skunk

• PipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 64 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 08:40 PM

I never said it was unplayable for me. I said clearly that compared to other maps it can uses twice the resources on average and older or slower computers would be affected. If I get 60fps on max settings on any other map but Solaris that likely means... It uses way more resources.

I honestly can't imagine anyone complaining about 200fps considering most of the streamers I follow don't even get that much...

Also bandwidth doesn't affect fps. An overlay won't affect fps. Nor do I have a 'bunch' of background program's running.

#7 chromanim

• Pip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 11:46 PM

View PostBTGbullseye, on 17 May 2018 - 08:32 PM, said:

Might want to turn off AA, or shadows... Should return your framerates to normal.

I have tried it when i switched to medium-ish graphics (custom), with minor improvements.

#8 SoulReaver7500

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 09:28 AM

The slow framerate is because of all the stupid animation on the map. Animation,billboards, feces like this. It is obvious that the designers have limited _______ when it comes to designing real maps.

You start shooting out the animations around you and your framerate starts to increase.

Simple solution, "FECES"-CAN the animations and billboards.

#9 Strattus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 106 posts
  • LocationKazakhstan

Posted 20 May 2018 - 11:01 PM

Had to bump down to "medium" settings and no V-sync...... bummer, because this map looks so good on higher settings. Might be time to upgrade because out of 6 plays on this map tonight, 2 crashes..... and then I get the penalty for quitting early!!! LOL PGI

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users