#21 Eisenhorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 30 May 2018 - 08:34 AM

View Postccrider, on 30 May 2018 - 08:27 AM, said:

Clan pugs aren't that bad. I've managed to herd a win here and there against full 12 mans but it certainly isn't easy. You need to calmly explain every aspect of each mode, use the tools you are given and be super flexible so you can exploit errors using the least amount of of useful robots. But you get to learn some new tricks and it keeps the game fresh. As long as your win-loss rate tanking doesn't bother you. Posted Image

I dunno, when I get a really bad team and I'm dropping solo (on IS side) I find it more fun to sit back and farm damage while using them as bullet shields. Trying to explain how to play is pointless if they've all brought mechs that are fundamentally flawed for the current scenario. To each their own though.

Edited by Eisenhorne, 30 May 2018 - 08:34 AM.

#22 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 08:54 AM

You can't play FW like it's QP. People try and get smashed every time and say the mode is broken. In reality they are playing badly and getting punished for that. It's like taking an XL atlas brawler into QP, running slowly over open ground and getting smashed and saying QP is broken.

In FW you have to play to your team and bring a deck of mechs that can help spread damage with your team and support a push, hold or poke setup. If you're pugging take, at most if you absolutely have to, 1 LRM mech. Then either mid or long range ballistic/energy. If your team pushes you can still keep up and have the DPS to contribute. If it's a bunch of cowardly pugs shuffling to see who gets to be in the back you can still get your damage in.

#23 ccrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 09:07 AM

Haha, I pug in brawl robots. I only care about kills; damage doesn't set off my warhorns.

#24 ANOM O MECH

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 993 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 01:32 PM

View PostEisenhorne, on 30 May 2018 - 08:34 AM, said:

I dunno, when I get a really bad team and I'm dropping solo (on IS side) I find it more fun to sit back and farm damage while using them as bullet shields. Trying to explain how to play is pointless if they've all brought mechs that are fundamentally flawed for the current scenario. To each their own though.

Meh, that get boring after a while.

It will also give you a bad rep if you do it enough. At the same time I have done it so not judging.

Even on the worst of teams you can farm from the front lines and if you have the energy or are so inclined sometimes pugs listen to calls. I get worn out quickly herding the cats though.

If it is really bad sometimes the best thing is to die quickly and get into a new deck and launch another. This is a good way to get out of synch and not get stuck on a bad team over and over.

#25 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 02:09 PM

View PostJubblator, on 17 May 2018 - 08:05 PM, said:

I mean comon why is there no clan in queue, its like dissapoint, comon clan op right? Come out and plau!
#lookatthewarlog

#26 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 May 2018 - 12:20 AM

View Postccrider, on 30 May 2018 - 09:07 AM, said:

Haha, I pug in brawl robots. I only care about kills; damage doesn't set off my warhorns.

What are your favourite Warhorns?

I really like to kill people in my Commando with Lunch Truck Speakers

Or the Worksite Stereo Radio, always nice to have some music while killing filthy Clanners. Best thing is with multikills while you push in a group...the music never stops :)

#27 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 03:55 AM

View PostBishop Six, on 31 May 2018 - 12:20 AM, said:

What are your favourite Warhorns?

I really like to kill people in my Commando with Lunch Truck Speakers

Or the Worksite Stereo Radio, always nice to have some music while killing filthy Clanners. Best thing is with multikills while you push in a group...the music never stops :)
Radial warhorn for the win!

#28 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 31 May 2018 - 03:58 AM

View Posttker 669, on 30 May 2018 - 01:32 PM, said:

Meh, that get boring after a while.

It will also give you a bad rep if you do it enough. At the same time I have done it so not judging.

Even on the worst of teams you can farm from the front lines and if you have the energy or are so inclined sometimes pugs listen to calls. I get worn out quickly herding the cats though.

If it is really bad sometimes the best thing is to die quickly and get into a new deck and launch another. This is a good way to get out of synch and not get stuck on a bad team over and over.

PUGs that fill out our drops that sandbag/pike/farm damage are warned, play as part of the team or be summarily executed on the spot.

#29 Lances107

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • Nova Commander
  • 291 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 05:00 AM

Its spring/summer time and all games everywhere take a decline in active player base.
IS tech is not nearly has restricted by game mechanics. Game mechanics like ghost heat, jam chance, and more ghost heat.
Also thanks to some poor vision by the developers you can now shake your enemies cockpit into a new incarnation with racs. Funny this was the excuse they used to bury clan ballistics.

So here is your choice if your a player right now. Go IS get sturdy mechs, allot more mediums, and lights. Also gain allot less restricted tech. You get the joy of harassing people with boating racs. Last but not least suffer from great deal less heat.
Go clan get somewhat sturdy mechs, most of which have been nerfed into oblivion. Gain allot of firepower with excessive heat. Heavily restricted on builds due to ghost heat. Lastly have the joy of little choice in the light/medium categories.

It does not take a rocket scientist to know which way people will go. As a game like this lives and breathes on customization. IS builds are allot less restricted, they do lack the crit space of clan mechs, but they are less restricted. The more customization the more fun can be had.

#30 Marquis De Lafayette

• CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 31 May 2018 - 07:48 AM

View PostLances107, on 31 May 2018 - 05:00 AM, said:

Its spring/summer time and all games everywhere take a decline in active player base.
IS tech is not nearly has restricted by game mechanics. Game mechanics like ghost heat, jam chance, and more ghost heat.
Also thanks to some poor vision by the developers you can now shake your enemies cockpit into a new incarnation with racs. Funny this was the excuse they used to bury clan ballistics.

The MCII-B would like to have a word with you regarding your negative feelings on Clan ballistics..

Oh and btw.... racs aren’t amazing....they aren’t really even good when compared to other IS ballistic options. All I can say is play both IS and Clan a lot (with and against competent pilots).....if you do so it’s clear that Clan ballistics aren’t dead and racs aren’t close to meta

#31 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 31 May 2018 - 08:42 AM

View PostMarquis De Lafayette, on 31 May 2018 - 07:48 AM, said:

The MCII-B would like to have a word with you regarding your negative feelings on Clan ballistics..

Oh and btw.... racs aren’t amazing....they aren’t really even good when compared to other IS ballistic options. All I can say is play both IS and Clan a lot (with and against competent pilots).....if you do so it’s clear that Clan ballistics aren’t dead and racs aren’t close to meta

clan ballistics aren't great, pretty hot, the spread due to 3 round bursts and if you go with uacs as you should very high jam chance. It's just that mk2b is a really good mech with decent speed, excellent agility for assault due to its 1JJ, and fairly fast tracking arm mounts (where all the guns are) that have a good yaw/pitch range

racs are trash though

#32 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 08:47 AM

View PostMarquis De Lafayette, on 31 May 2018 - 07:48 AM, said:

yeah Odin's beard that jam chance... it would be nice if PGI just made the cAC's just the slug version of the LBX. Simple name change and clone the mechanics of the IS AC.

#33 Lances107

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • Nova Commander
  • 291 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 08:58 AM

I never said Racs were a amazing weapon, but in conjunction with other weapons, they can do allot. Also I stated the reason clan ballistics got nerfed into oblivion, was because of all the crying by IS pilots on there mechs being shook apart by clan ultras. So exactly, would you please, explain to me why the IS should have that ability now? As I said if your a lowgrade pilot annoying the hell out of someone with racs, or using them properly with other weapons will sound enticing. Point, shoot, and annoy someone. Can anyone else think of a favorite for players who do not wish to think?

Edited by Lances107, 31 May 2018 - 09:00 AM.

#34 Marquis De Lafayette

• 1,396 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 09:18 AM

View PostHazeclaw, on 31 May 2018 - 08:42 AM, said:

clan ballistics aren't great, pretty hot, the spread due to 3 round bursts and if you go with uacs as you should very high jam chance. It's just that mk2b is a really good mech with decent speed, excellent agility for assault due to its 1JJ, and fairly fast tracking arm mounts (where all the guns are) that have a good yaw/pitch range

racs are trash though

Right....but how to you tweak some of the Clan uacs without making something like the MCII-B “broken”? They already recinded the agility nerf.. I just am kind of fed up with blanket statements about a class of weapon systems being buried when there are a few meta builds using those very weapons.

Edited by Marquis De Lafayette, 31 May 2018 - 09:20 AM.

#35 Marquis De Lafayette

• 1,396 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 09:24 AM

View PostLances107, on 31 May 2018 - 08:58 AM, said:

I never said Racs were a amazing weapon, but in conjunction with other weapons, they can do allot. Also I stated the reason clan ballistics got nerfed into oblivion, was because of all the crying by IS pilots on there mechs being shook apart by clan ultras. So exactly, would you please, explain to me why the IS should have that ability now? As I said if your a lowgrade pilot annoying the hell out of someone with racs, or using them properly with other weapons will sound enticing. Point, shoot, and annoy someone. Can anyone else think of a favorite for players who do not wish to think?

Lrms..

Yes....racs are annoying and can and will kill you. However, as it’s not really a weapon that you see much positive talk about, that should tell you something. Heck, PGI just buffed the rac2...it needed it

#36 Lances107

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • Nova Commander
  • 291 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 11:54 AM

Maybe it did but my point with my posts is it should not surprise people, that players are leaning for the IS. They just get a whole lot more customization, and choice.

#37 ANOM O MECH

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 993 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 01:18 PM

View PostTWIAFU, on 31 May 2018 - 03:58 AM, said:

PUGs that fill out our drops that sandbag/pike/farm damage are warned, play as part of the team or be summarily executed on the spot.

LOL WUT?????

I play with you guys whenever I get a chance and never had any issues outside of maybe stopping to shoot in front of Unknown (sorry my friend I potato...)

#38 I Am Errer

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 8 posts
  • LocationTaking the fight to SkyNIETA

Posted 01 June 2018 - 12:44 AM

View PostHazeclaw, on 31 May 2018 - 08:42 AM, said:

racs are trash though

RACs are life.

View PostLances107, on 31 May 2018 - 08:58 AM, said:

Point, shoot, and annoy someone.

I believe that applying a substantial amount of frontloaded damage far outweighs using a spray gun with the intent to annoy - in most scenarios your opponent will twist the damage away and rip that torso apart in two or three well-placed shots.

Edited by I Am Errer, 01 June 2018 - 12:47 AM.

#39 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 June 2018 - 01:56 AM

View PostLances107, on 31 May 2018 - 11:54 AM, said:

Maybe it did but my point with my posts is it should not surprise people, that players are leaning for the IS. They just get a whole lot more customization, and choice.

True like omnipods and very little space/slots for weapons and dont forget the little sweet HeatSinks...oh wait...that was all Clam.

#40 Lyons De Flamand

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 146 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 02:07 AM

View Posttker 669, on 31 May 2018 - 01:18 PM, said:

LOL WUT?????

I play with you guys whenever I get a chance and never had any issues outside of maybe stopping to shoot in front of Unknown (sorry my friend I potato...)

That's because we call for the pugs, even though it does my head in from time to time. On the other hand, that happens when I call a 12 man too

View Posttker 669, on 31 May 2018 - 01:18 PM, said:

LOL WUT?????

That's because we call for the pugs, even though it does my head in from time to time. On the other hand, that happens when I call a 12 man too

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users