Love the event, wish I'd get a chance to go to the map

#23 Bolter01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bite
  • The Bite
  • 224 posts
  • LocationAU

Posted 18 May 2018 - 06:34 PM

You gotta up the rotation, Im not playing this ****** game for the love of it!!

#24 FallGuy0815

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 152 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 06:43 PM

You all do realize it is a two week event? Just keep playing normally. Please!

#25 xXBrigandXx

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 07:15 PM

not getting reward for getting the victory "I own this town" for some reason. been a couple hours since I redeemed it.

#26 Cannon Fodder 83

• PipPip
  • The Raptor
  • The Raptor
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 08:40 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 18 May 2018 - 12:34 PM, said:

Eh, this new map just needs a tune-up to deal with performance issues. But at least with this enjoyable Event Challenge Set, PGI might be able to get information from their players that will lead to fixing it up more quickly. Posted Image

Well, the other way would have been to blindly fire off a HotFix to make the new map perform better, with the statement that they tried to make it less laggy. Whether taking a blind shot in the dark would work or not, well... that's random chance at it's finest and worst... Not very helpful for PGI and/or the MWO Community. Posted Image

Unlike the two of you, some people are coldly judging it based on only a single round of play and their inability to handle the lag for long enough to let things balance out on their computer. They didn't take the time to wander around it in the Testing Grounds or anything, and instead jumped in blindly without any capability to adapt, then decided that it's bad because they got smashed. So the new Solaris City map has had a Challenge Set attached in order to get people to take another look, which is actually a good move with the current circumstances. We can only hope now that people will actually use more of their brain and think of posting information to help PGI fix what's still an issue with the map, so the map can indeed become good like the rest. Also, let us hope that PGI has things in place to monitor the map and find the information they need to help tune it up. Posted Image

By the way, I like the idea of Time-Of-Day for Solaris City... It could use that. And yeah, Terra Therma could use a minor brightener. Posted Image

~D. V. "It's just time for us smart people to keep providing feedback, and then watch and wait..." Devnull

I LIKE THE MAP HOWEVER FOR THIS EVENT IT SEEMS TO BE DROPPING VERY SHY OF WHAT IT SHOULD 2 TIMES WITHON 4 HOURS STRAIGHT IS THE DROP RATE. I'M NOT SITTING HERE FOR 10 HOURS STRAIGHT TO FINISH THE EVENT... OR LONGER. (SORRY FOR CAPS ITS MY HOT KEY FOR IN GAME CHAT)

#27 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 18 May 2018 - 09:02 PM

View Postcratermaker, on 18 May 2018 - 08:40 PM, said:

(SORRY FOR CAPS ITS MY HOT KEY FOR IN GAME CHAT)

This makes no sense as either an apology, or an explanation...

#28 ken block

Rookie

• Star Commander
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 11:08 PM

nice map and great game

#29 Ninjah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 307 posts
  • LocationComstar Lounge

Posted 19 May 2018 - 01:07 AM

Map runs fine on i7 4790K, 32gb RAM and nVidia GTX780 on high detail, 2k resolution. No hick-ups at all. But it doesn't look very good, texturing and shading are awful and some buildings are ugly but the layout is awesome. Hope for beauty pass soon.

#30 Monarch Meowrauder

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 01:50 AM

God damn it, turn up the bloody % or make it 100% on all modes it's available for...it's been the same old comments for each map/mode based event and yet...solaris city just goes poof...

6 hours, 6 times, twice it got voted off...

#31 Trennbull

• PipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 02:44 AM

6 hours of Gameplay - ZERO times Solaris City!?! Something wrong?

#32 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 19 May 2018 - 02:50 AM

View PostxXBrigandXx, on 18 May 2018 - 07:15 PM, said:

not getting reward for getting the victory "I own this town" for some reason. been a couple hours since I redeemed it.

If you punched the "Redeem" Button on the Website, then it was silently injected into your account. There will never be a notification under these circumstances. :huh:

If on the other hand, you pressed the In-Game "Claim" Button, and then all it did was disappear, then you'll need to Contact MWO Support immediately. Bugs like that should never happen. :mellow:

View Postcratermaker, on 18 May 2018 - 08:40 PM, said:

I LIKE THE MAP HOWEVER FOR THIS EVENT IT SEEMS TO BE DROPPING VERY SHY OF WHAT IT SHOULD 2 TIMES WITHON 4 HOURS STRAIGHT IS THE DROP RATE. I'M NOT SITTING HERE FOR 10 HOURS STRAIGHT TO FINISH THE EVENT... OR LONGER. (SORRY FOR CAPS ITS MY HOT KEY FOR IN GAME CHAT)

I've been getting it more often than that. It could just be that you're getting the wrong end of the randomizer. Keep trying, and you should get a sudden pocket of 4 times within 2 hours where you actually get to play the "Solaris City" Map, or something like that. PGI definitely needs to turn up the frequency of maps like "Solaris City" when they're going to do an Event for a specific map choice. :blink:

View PostBTGbullseye, on 18 May 2018 - 09:02 PM, said:

This makes no sense as either an apology, or an explanation...

I simply can not blame them for not wanting to have to retype their entire post. Just don't worry about it. -_-

View PostMonarch Meowrauder, on 19 May 2018 - 01:50 AM, said:

God damn it, turn up the bloody % or make it 100% on all modes it's available for...it's been the same old comments for each map/mode based event and yet...solaris city just goes poof...

6 hours, 6 times, twice it got voted off...

Just look at my reply to above. I think we're in agreement on it needing a higher frequency. ;)

View PostTrennbull, on 19 May 2018 - 02:44 AM, said:

6 hours of Gameplay - ZERO times Solaris City!?! Something wrong?

Check out my reply to above, as it seems you've fallen afoul of basically the same issue. ^_^

~D. V. "Well... PGI messed up an underpinning of the Event... Now there's traffic from upset people..." Devnull

#33 Spare Parts Bin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 19 May 2018 - 03:03 AM

I Love this map. Tourmaline Desert,Crimson Straits and this map are the maps I now use to evaluate my builds. Jump Jets are life on this map. Look forward to redeeming prizes on this one.

#34 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 19 May 2018 - 03:43 AM

@ Everyone ---

Normally, I'm not a fast nut off the ratchet wrench. However, at this point, I have completed 'Stage 1' of the Event. Not even 12 hours of Real Life time went by, interestingly enough. I'll still populate the queues, but I'm now waiting for 'Stage 2' to arrive. I'm thankful for what I've earned, and I'll be looking forward to what comes next. B)

~D. V. "This was done with a newly-purchased Mech, too..." Devnull

#35 Dran Dragore

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Force Commander
  • Force Commander
  • 143 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 03:56 AM

Well done PGI to this Map. We realy needed an good brawling City Map!

#36 RazerThrone07

• PipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 52 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 04:15 AM

8 games without playing Solaris City, boring challenge.
Completing this challenge will be more painful than viewing Royal wedding clips and pics.

#37 ArcRoyale

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 70 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 04:19 AM

Possibly the hardest challenge ever?

Also, the challenge for losing should be called something like "Arrested!" or "Deported!" or something like that. Just a suggestion. XP

#38 DaHuntress

Rookie

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 04:53 AM

I don't know about the rest of you but I would like to see the in game notification return of event rewards, for me it's an acknowledgement of getting them from the game; with it just appearing I always end up wondering whether I actually got it or not.

#39 MFZ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 05:22 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 19 May 2018 - 02:50 AM, said:

If you punched the "Redeem" Button on the Website, then it was silently injected into your account.

Nope, not this time.
Redeemed "THAT DID NOT GO AS PLANNED" but no Duct Tape available for me...

Edit: After waiting for approx. 2h and no change, log out and log in made the items available to me instantly.

Edited by MFZ, 19 May 2018 - 06:14 AM.

#40 Hofacker

Rookie

• The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 06:18 AM

Well I logged in the am to try the event. Seven straight matches w zero occurrences. Not even a chance to vote for it. This is stupid

N
(Now standing at 9 wo chance to vote for it)

Updated. Hit twelve and I quit. Way to go w another poorly executed event pgi.)

Edited by Hofacker, 19 May 2018 - 07:10 AM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users