Annyoing Behavior

53 replies to this topic

#1 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 02:41 PM

Whats up with people lately that just stand in their corner, with an assault while you are in a heavy mech and wait the entire time there and then call you an ******* for not walking in their fireing line or people who don't have any weapons left and then hide in the arena for a tie to happen???

Seriously you are just stealing time. Is that +1 you might get from that match so much worth for you?

Edited by Nesutizale, 18 May 2018 - 02:48 PM.

#2 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 18 May 2018 - 07:09 PM

Worst game I ever had was an assault hiding in spawn on Steiner when i took a light with erm and tried to range fight. There is no way to get lines on him so you have to right into his ac20+srm or wait for a tie.

#3 Naqser

• PipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 60 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 09:38 PM

They do that to other stuff than lights now too?
Against lights I can understand.
But against other heavier slower mechs? That's just a waste of time.

#4 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 18 May 2018 - 11:27 PM

View PostNesutizale, on 18 May 2018 - 02:41 PM, said:

Seriously you are just stealing time. Is that +1 you might get from that match so much worth for you?

I'm sure the potential of losing 29 points weighs heavier than any chance to get 1 point.

#5 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 19 May 2018 - 03:36 AM

I guess people just want to get the most out of a match they waited 3 minutes to get into. :D

#6 Garran Tana

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 144 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 19 May 2018 - 07:57 AM

My worst opponent turned off his Warhawk somewhere in the Factory after my first voley hit him (and I lost sight). For few minutes I thought we are extremely unlucky and can't find each other so I typed my position in chat. Nothing. I was looking for him and found him in last minute. The kill was pure satisfaction.

#7 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 10:10 PM

View PostNesutizale, on 18 May 2018 - 02:41 PM, said:

You mean gain elo from draw?

I'm pretty sure you always lose. I haven't taken stats but I've noticed from different divisions where in one I have really poor stats and other is average, I've noticed a draw with average ELO lost much more points, than defeat on the worse ELO division.

#8 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 20 May 2018 - 03:14 AM

View PostTeer Kerensky, on 19 May 2018 - 10:10 PM, said:

You mean gain elo from draw?

I'm pretty sure you always lose. I haven't taken stats but I've noticed from different divisions where in one I have really poor stats and other is average, I've noticed a draw with average ELO lost much more points, than defeat on the worse ELO division.

Last time I got a draw with identical ELO, it was a total wash... No increase or decrease. (this was back at the very beginning when everyone had 1500)

#9 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 04:32 AM

My point is less about how much you loose or gain but waisting 6min or more for youself and the other player by doing nothing.
If I am in an assault against a light, I go out, trying to fight him and get him by twisting, lucky shot or better position but I don't go crying into a corner.

Yes I might loose that match but then he deserves it. Lately I had some very interesting matches against Piranahs, some I won, some I lost but they where allways fun and full of action.

Kinda makes me wish that I would be a better light mech pilot but every time I try a light you can clearly see that I pilot it like my Atlas ^_^

Edited by Nesutizale, 20 May 2018 - 04:33 AM.

#10 Popcat

• PipPipPip
  • The Shogun
  • The Shogun
  • 74 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 08:30 PM

"or people who don't have any weapons left and then hide in the arena for a tie to happen???"

I'm not sure preventing your opponents victory is a bad thing. By any means necessary. Doesn't seem like cheating or a bad game mechanic to me. Besides every one loved hide and seek.

#11 Throe

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 11:03 PM

[deleted by user]

Edited by Throe, 09 November 2018 - 12:36 PM.

#12 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 12:03 AM

View PostPopcat, on 21 May 2018 - 08:30 PM, said:

"or people who don't have any weapons left and then hide in the arena for a tie to happen???"

I'm not sure preventing your opponents victory is a bad thing. By any means necessary. Doesn't seem like cheating or a bad game mechanic to me. Besides every one loved hide and seek.

Thing is, a draw and a loss both lower your SSR. So I personally see no reason to go and hide if you have no weapons left. Instead one should quickly die and get into another match instead of wasting 10 minutes.

#13 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 01:31 AM

Exactly. Its just wasting time for no gain.

#14 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 08:21 PM

But you had a heavy? Both of you could have engaged the other. Both did not, because both were afraid to lose, and both felt they can't directly engage and win, they must wait for the other to come. If the enemy complained ingame, you complain here. Either you both were more or less equal, and earned your 10 minute draw, or the other overestimated his foe.

I think a draw causes less ELO loss than defeat, but really unless you are really high in the leaderboard, it should not mean a thing.

Edited by Teer Kerensky, 23 May 2018 - 08:23 PM.

#15 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 08:14 AM

View PostTeer Kerensky, on 23 May 2018 - 08:21 PM, said:

I think a draw causes less ELO loss than defeat, but really unless you are really high in the leaderboard, it should not mean a thing.

No, draw causes just as much SSR loss as defeat. I lost 29 SSR in a draw once.

#16 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 05:22 PM

That's good, because draw should not be an "archivement" you can force over a slower mech by avoiding it.

#17 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 06:52 PM

View PostTeer Kerensky, on 24 May 2018 - 05:22 PM, said:

That's good, because draw should not be an "archivement" you can force over a slower mech by avoiding it.

The issue is that I'm the slower mech most of the time. Bloody lights...

#18 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 25 May 2018 - 06:43 AM

I might be wrong, but I believe a draw causes the player with the higher rank to lose Elo, but not the other guy. Is that correct? I fought one ****** last night who tried to hide his 'Mech after I legged him. Luckily it was Steiner so he didn't have many places to go. Yes I leg lights. I feel *good* about it too.

Edited by RickySpanish, 25 May 2018 - 06:44 AM.

#19 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 12:49 AM

Have you ever fought a light with stealth armor in the Marik arena or Kurita? Thats messed up when you are in the slower mech. So legging is a valid tactic in that case...and most likely the only one working.

#20 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 08:11 AM

View PostThroe, on 21 May 2018 - 11:03 PM, said:

Meh. In my opinion the current arrangement rewards a draw incorrectly. You get SSR as if you both lost, but the other match rewards as if you both won. It's a pretty terrible mismatch.

Since most Elo scoring systems count a draw as half a win and half a loss, I don't think it should penalize both players' SSR, but rather transition SSR proportionally toward the player with the lower rating at match start, since the SSR predicts the player with the higher rating *should* win. If a lower rated player can force a draw, then the higher rated player clearly isn't as good as their SSR says they are, and it should be lowered accordingly.

no the lower SSR player should not get a large reward for avoiding someone for 10 minutes, maybe lower tier players gets 25% of what they would have got for win, higher player doesn't change from draw.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users