Annyoing Behavior

53 replies to this topic

#41 Popcat

• PipPipPip
  • The Shogun
  • The Shogun
  • 74 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 12:20 PM

Satan The timer idea is not bad because I think the matches are to long to most are over in a couple of minutes on average. I agree that "if the crowd is not entertained" I.e. no damage is happening the clock should wind down faster so I can force the draw faster. Might even make it not worth it as fewer people will give up.

Edited by Popcat, 12 June 2018 - 12:21 PM.

#42 Jon Gotham

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,627 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 06:58 AM

View PostOld dirty B, on 03 June 2018 - 11:16 PM, said:

Why all the complex thoughts?

Solaris is not that hard to understand...

1 rule:

you win by destroying your opponent within 10 min.

If you cant destroy your opponent you don't deserve the win either.

I think here though it's an ego thing. I've seen it so many times. People are not content with just winning, they have to put their mark on it too. Big issue on WOT, the "winner" just HAS to destroy all.
Kinda reminds me of dogs peeing on each other's lawns for dominance.

Plus people for some reason have a notion for fairplay and sportsmanship. In 1v1 like this there is none. It's pure ugly human desire on display.

#43 Mainhunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 378 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 12:01 PM

We have tiny maps but 10 minutes to play, makes entirely no sense. I met today that ****, who plays ECM lights throughout all divisions. Looked his stats up, 19% ties. Some like to **** up others gaming fun. Only good, that there are only few of them.

#44 Popcat

• PipPipPip
  • The Shogun
  • The Shogun
  • 74 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 03:35 PM

"I think here though it's an ego thing. I've seen it so many times. People are not content with just winning, they have to put their mark on it too."

Solaris is a total gladiator match it's like Vegas but designed around a giant roman gladiator coliseum. The whole point of it was to destroy your opponent for fame. It's modeled into the game with sponsors. It's the hunger games, Robo jox, battle bots, buffets bunny ranches and cheep touristy attractions all focused around victorious mech warrior de jure.

So yeah its all about marking you spot. An when you die gladiator, it will be to the sound of this <clap clap clap>

#45 Ghost Paladin117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 260 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 10:57 AM

People who run away and hide for the match or when they are one shot away from death are the ones that deserve a hit to their SSR, ties need to be reworked.

#46 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 29 June 2018 - 06:15 AM

View PostGhost Paladin117, on 26 June 2018 - 10:57 AM, said:

People who run away and hide for the match or when they are one shot away from death are the ones that deserve a hit to their SSR, ties need to be reworked.

You can't really go off of damage dealt, because someone could just take a chunk out of you and run. But, considering that ties are boring to the audience, maybe whichever player has the highest number of recent tie games (and failing that, ties overall) eating the greatest Elo hit might be workable.

#47 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 19 July 2018 - 09:22 AM

I've now seen people cave in when I'm in my 8xUAC2 Dire Wolf.

That's so ridiculous, many mechs can beat that fairly easily. It's only built to fight AC2 Annihilators, and runs fairly hot. Plus the other Dire Wolf problems like huge CT.

First time it was I think Fafnir with 2xUAC5 2xUAC10 build. He hid in this spawn few mins, then looked around, we both saw each other and then I saw his build, I fired him a bit, then he went back in and waited forever. I went in to try to kill him, lost by fairly large margin. Perhaps I should have tried to shoot him further away, perhaps I couldn't really have won, I haven't checked the Fafnir quriks ect since it's not yet ingame and I like to use that. Strangest thing was he said I should have forced a tie. Sadly I did not see him again, then I would have really gladly done that.

Second time I see enemy has 2xLBX20 4xSRM something Mad Cat MK2. He went into corner in factory to hide and wait. I had no way to attack him since it would have been quaranteed loss for me to get close.

At last minute he came out, walked around the map, still not coming directly towards me, and shot me few times. I only tried to make sure he has no chance to kill me, I did not really much try to shoot back.

This kind of stuff you just have to accept.

#48 Red-Mattila

• PipPipPip
  • Warrior - Point 1
  • Warrior - Point 1
  • 65 posts

Posted 19 July 2018 - 10:00 PM

For myself today it was being called a coward twice for not being nice and playing to my enemies strengths. Both of them were on the Steiner map. The first one got mad because I wouldn't come off the bridge and stand still so his MRMs could hit me. The second time was a similar scenario but this time it was because I wouldn't come off the bridge to brawl a SRM boat who had got himself in a bad spot and couldn't get away without me shooting him. I'm in a Hunchback IIC I don't brawl, it's a pokie mech. Not my fault you got yourself in a bad spot or can't hit a moving target.

Also ran into a guy twice who straight up asked me to kill him. He just went to the middle of the map and spun around in circles while i shot him. The second time i reported him for suiciding and aiding the enemy. Has anyone else seen that before?

#49 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 20 July 2018 - 03:23 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 09 June 2018 - 10:35 AM, said:

Give both players max SSR loss on a draw, of at least a flat 10 or 20.
That would just lead to trolls creating throwaway accounts and running (and running and running) just to tank people's SSR. Some might do that just to grief, others to deliberately increase their main's rank without playing matches with it.

View PostRed-Mattila, on 19 July 2018 - 10:00 PM, said:

For myself today it was being called a coward twice for not being nice and playing to my enemies strengths. Both of them were on the Steiner map. The first one got mad because I wouldn't come off the bridge and stand still so his MRMs could hit me. The second time was a similar scenario but this time it was because I wouldn't come off the bridge to brawl a SRM boat who had got himself in a bad spot and couldn't get away without me shooting him. I'm in a Hunchback IIC I don't brawl, it's a pokie mech. Not my fault you got yourself in a bad spot or can't hit a moving target.

Yesterday a fairly well-known streamer - lucky for him that he wasn't streaming at the time, I took screenshots though - called me a coward for using cover to close into brawling range.

What happened:
Map vote ended up on Liao Jungle (BTW, we really need at least two more maps for Solaris and some rotation... feels like everyone and their mother-in-law are voting Jungle these days, gets a mite boring).
Both of us had heavy mechs - me with an Orion packing 24 SRM tubes and a UAC/20, he with an Ilya Muromets packing 3xLB10X.

I'm a brawler, and he clearly has an advantage in both range and heat management - so I try to circle the map going on my left side and get into his drop zone around the large pillar there.

As I'm closing in on the column, he pokes out from the other side and I take a snap shot with my UAC aiming for legs - some of the bullets even connect - before diving behind the column and proceeding with the original plan.

Well, now... opponents usually either turn or try to follow, but by the time I've finished my maneuver, he's neither on my right nor coming behind me.

Turns out he backed away from the column towards the edge of the map, is standing still (!) and tries to snipe me with his LBXes (ROFL). I dive behind the concrete blocks and close in under their cover as most of his fire harmlessly landscapes (it does splash my armor a bit, though).

When I'm close enough for my SRMs, I charge from behind the blocks like a bloody maniac and fire everything I've got into his left leg

He seems to have skipped leg day, because after this salvo his leg is not just open, but cherry red. Maxed out it should have 75 to 86 pts of armor depending on skills (84 if only taking the left side armor nodes), on top of 30 points of structure

While he manages to crit out my UAC (taking half my firepower), my second shot with the SRMs takes his leg and sets off the explosive ammo he apparently stored there - which in a chain reaction detonates the rest of his mech.

Posted Image

So I type in "GG" - it's not like he didn't make a good try. And then, just as I hit Enter, a message from him enters chat:

Posted Image

Also ran into a guy twice who straight up asked me to kill him. He just went to the middle of the map and spun around in circles while i shot him. The second time i reported him for suiciding and aiding the enemy. Has anyone else seen that before?
I've seen at least one standing still in their drop zone (not disco)

Edited by Horseman, 20 July 2018 - 07:03 AM.

#50 Dartangan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 104 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 20 July 2018 - 06:25 AM

The avoid and force draw thing is stupid. Really discourages, for example the #1 Annhilator in Divison 1 from playing at times, considering the #2 guy could see the top guy he can't beat consistently rolling scrubs, he then hops on another account.... Grab fastest mech, put biggest engine in it, all the armor, a seismic, no weapons, and just run run run... (3 maps in mind) and find a big apparatus, use the seismic and just play keep away for 15 mins... then BOOM, his main account is #1.... I mean, doesn't have to be him... but yeah, I think the draws, PGI needs to really rethink.......

Could even use 2 computers with his main account/friends list open, to sorta use it to notice when his VICTIM is fishing for scrubs in Div 1, pop in....

....while some pretty underhanded stuff there, can't say he's breaking any rules doing this even, as they are.

I mean... I don't understand why anyone complains about why someone "didn't do ths, or did that." All mechs aren't equal, your enemy doesn't have to do anything, we don't have any duty to stand still and let anyone shoot us or play in any way whatsoever when the drop starts.

I mean, they've gotta live with the guilt, lol.... Might be some shady MechWarrior players in the confession booth at church this Sunday.

LOL

Edited by Dartangan, 20 July 2018 - 06:29 AM.

#51 Dartangan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 104 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 20 July 2018 - 06:40 AM

there are also times I've dropped against spiders, where they'd drop, then I'd see they've disconnected...... I'd search the map and find them, in one case, really really high on the wall somewhere stuck and bugging a little on Steiner.... Can't say I've killed everyone so far.

On jungle one had some good camo and powered down in a good spot, but I found him with like a minute to spare.... that would have been a -30 loss when I believe I was still in the top 5 in that division...

Yeah, there's people doing shady stuff.... But there's a line, I mean, the camo/power down thing, isn't cheating......

The jump real high on the wall, get stuck, disconnect.... If my mech had been one with all torso weapons, I'd have had to sit there for another 13 minutes, only to get a punitive draw.... That would have SUCKED.....

I think for the reasons above, and other flaws in the maps, the draw reward/pentalty needs to be rethinked....

My favorite draw.... I'm in my Jager, farming my way up the Div 4 rankings.... it was the #7 guy at the time, it's a close one.... He takes both my arms off, his jager is pretty jacked up, it was close.... Then he starts farming my other components.... At first I thought "jerk" then thought, "well, go ahead, you get more points for components, so I stood still so it would be over quicker"

...After I'm down to 1 yellow leg, a torso and not much else left... He stops..... I'm thinking, "Okay, now this is getting unsportsmanlike." ....a few seconds go by, he types "Out of ammo..."

We've got 7 mins left, hahaha, I'm thinking "KARMA" hahahaha...... A few seconds later he starts ramming my leg, needless to say, he spent the next 7ish minutes chasing my prostrate, 1-legged jager around trying to leg hump me like some scene from Deliverance or something....

Besides that karmic justice, haven't ever been fond of the TIE thing, or the HUGE pentalty for the top guys getting forced into a tie from someone aiming to catch them and do just that to tank their elo... At least make them do more damage then draw to get the TIE, or something.....

#52 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 20 July 2018 - 06:45 AM

View PostDartangan, on 20 July 2018 - 06:40 AM, said:

My favorite draw.... I'm in my Jager, farming my way up the Div 4 rankings.... it was the #7 guy at the time, it's a close one.... He takes both my arms off, his jager is pretty jacked up, it was close.... Then he starts farming my other components.... At first I thought "jerk" then thought, "well, go ahead, you get more points for components, so I stood still so it would be over quicker"

...After I'm down to 1 yellow leg, a torso and not much else left... He stops..... I'm thinking, "Okay, now this is getting unsportsmanlike." ....a few seconds go by, he types "Out of ammo..."

We've got 7 mins left, hahaha, I'm thinking "KARMA" hahahaha...... A few seconds later he starts ramming my leg, needless to say, he spent the next 7ish minutes chasing my prostrate, 1-legged jager around trying to leg hump me like some scene from Deliverance or something....

Besides that karmic justice, haven't ever been fond of the TIE thing, or the HUGE pentalty for the top guys getting forced into a tie from someone aiming to catch them and do just that to tank their elo... At least make them do more damage then draw to get the TIE, or something.....

I am like 99% sure that was me. I got greedy, lol.

#53 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 20 July 2018 - 12:56 PM

View PostDartangan, on 20 July 2018 - 06:25 AM, said:

The avoid and force draw thing is stupid. Really discourages, for example the #1 Annhilator in Divison 1 from playing at times, considering the #2 guy could see the top guy he can't beat consistently rolling scrubs, he then hops on another account.... Grab fastest mech, put biggest engine in it, all the armor, a seismic, no weapons, and just run run run... (3 maps in mind) and find a big apparatus, use the seismic and just play keep away for 15 mins... then BOOM, his main account is #1.... I mean, doesn't have to be him... but yeah, I think the draws, PGI needs to really rethink.......

Could even use 2 computers with his main account/friends list open, to sorta use it to notice when his VICTIM is fishing for scrubs in Div 1, pop in....

....while some pretty underhanded stuff there, can't say he's breaking any rules doing this even, as they are.

I mean... I don't understand why anyone complains about why someone &quot;didn't do ths, or did that.&quot; All mechs aren't equal, your enemy doesn't have to do anything, we don't have any duty to stand still and let anyone shoot us or play in any way whatsoever when the drop starts.

I mean, they've gotta live with the guilt, lol.... Might be some shady MechWarrior players in the confession booth at church this Sunday.

LOL

It's really shockingly easy to determine who you are up against most of the time because of the small queue sizes. When I saw two players in d2 in queue, I'd often wait to see if they'd show up on the watch list and then spectate their games. Cheeky but in my defence, I only ever ran the one Warhawk build anyway once my Kodiak started meeting Krabs. The one thing I will say is that many of those 1700-1800 ranked Krab players did not get there by skill!

#54 Dartangan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 104 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 20 July 2018 - 01:32 PM

I would do the same things Ricky, watch the two guys, what they had, which way they both went, take notes..... Drop in the next queue and depending on what they did, use it.... I like the strategy, I don't care what mechs are where.... Whatever the comps are, there are variables.... I just hope they leave them alone so there can be a full season of play, under 1 set of rules....

But I can't even play, the scoreing system is so broken with the multiplier on the first 10 matches....

If / when they fix it I'll be back, otherwise.... :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users