Grim Plexus Out Of Map Rotation For Next 24Hrs

87 replies to this topic

#41 Mad Mech

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 03:29 PM

One theory is it happens when both Solaris and Grim Plexus are vote-able, but Grim is chosen.

No scientific data to back that up.
It's happened to me and I've seen it happen.
Win7 here.

#42 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 04:03 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 22 May 2018 - 02:13 PM, said:

@ PGI --- People in Scouting (possibly Invasion, too) are still getting "Grim Plexus"... Didn't you mean to pull it from ALL rotation systems? Posted Image

That you don't know the difference between grim plexus and grim portico... explains why PGI doesn't listen to your suggestions.

#43 GBxGhostRyder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 119 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 04:44 PM

I doubt its the maps its there servers if they are running there own or if there hosting the game on other servers.

They need to

#1 Buy better blade servers if there hosting the game servers themselves and please don't buy cheap china knockoffs from Amazon Prime. Or
#2 Find a premium hosting server in the USA that has unlimited bandwidth might fix 99% or there rubber banding and HSR problems.

P.S Please PGI get ride of map vote system and go back to random map rotation so we can play more than 3-4 same same maps every night.

Edited by GBxGhostRyder, 22 May 2018 - 04:47 PM.

#44 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 04:49 PM

Devs is Grim still the #1 most popular map for QP after April 17th???
If it is then is this (chosen map frequency) taken into account to see if the percentage of complaints of mass disconnects QP matches up to the frequency map is voted on and chosen (hence played)?

Before April 17ths map temperature changes QP Grim was chosen 18%, with frozen city at 12% and all others trailed far behind those two.

PS. Had mass disconnect the night before during Domination mode on QP Crimson Strait map.
Only play QP an hour or two nightly but hadn't seen mass DC's since the year before.

Edited by Max Rickson, 22 May 2018 - 04:50 PM.

#45 Tier5 Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 05:18 PM

View PostMighty Spike, on 22 May 2018 - 10:07 AM, said:

hm, only thing that i yesterday noticed was from 2 unit members a massive freeze with not being able to tab out. They had to open the task manager menu and sign out. But it wasnt at same time and not on grim plexus..Both have win 10. But i didnt saw mass Discos since last patch and i played a lot the last days.

You can't alt tab out of game if you got nothing to alt tab into.

#46 SVTmk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,875 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 05:53 PM

Which mechs were on the maps when getting issues? May be Blood Asp or new decals are bugged and in some causes can crash the game via invalid map interaction and generating inappropriate data on the server for other players?

Edited by SVTmk, 22 May 2018 - 05:59 PM.

#47 DFM

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 261 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 06:13 PM

Saw it on Grim the past weekend. Didn't affect me, but the majority of plays Dc'd out/never loaded in.\

One or two managed to make it back into the game.

I was pissed. I was in a Spider 5D with a ERML and LL. :( takes forever to kill a assault from behind with that loadout.

#48 Tereva

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 120 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 06:42 PM

I doubt Devs will see that but just in case.

This is NOT related to Grim only, it happened to me on Tourmaline as well.

T.

#49 Cazador88

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 125 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 22 May 2018 - 08:26 PM

There is always atleast 1-2 player disconnecting in every match in QP and FP on any of the maps. Didnt notice mass disconnecting on Grim Plexus though. Once had a mass disconnect on Frozen City where me and like 8 other people got dcd all at once but that was like 2 patches ago, and only happened to me that one time.

#50 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 10:05 PM

Should check if the (rare) problem occurs when there's a last second change in the map vote.

It has happened before, and was fixed long ago. But maybe that fix was removed, like having shortened the time between the end of the player vote and the map choice, which can result in two different map choices being sent to the 24 players if there's a last second change in the map vote.

Fix : Increase the delay after the vote ends before sending out the map choice, or check that the same single map choice is sent to all 24 players when sending it.

#51 Mounty

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 220 posts
  • LocationOrange, NSW, Australia

Posted 22 May 2018 - 11:07 PM

I had problems with Grim Plexus the other day, the client hung during the mech power up sequence and i couldn't alt tab out ( I did have another window open). I shut it down with task manager then restarted and tried to rejoin the game, it got stuck trying to load the map.
After 2 crashes I typically reboot the computer which I did, when it started up I received a message from my UI saying that it had to reconfigure for the new operating system, it only does that after a Windows update. Left me wondering if Microsoft had done some sort of sneaky background update, the big update happened a few day before this and the UI reconfigured then.

#52 ThomasAH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 199 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 11:18 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 22 May 2018 - 04:03 PM, said:

That you don't know the difference between grim plexus and grim portico... explains why PGI doesn't listen to your suggestions.

Scouting has Grim Plexus.
And Community Warfare, sorry, Faction Play, sorry, the non-Invasion modes of Faction Play have Grim Plexus.
No need to insult people about this small wording mixup about something that doesn't have a real name on its own.
Or in short: No need to insult people (maybe unless they really deserve it, but then reporting the post is probably the better option)

#53 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 22 May 2018 - 11:36 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 22 May 2018 - 04:03 PM, said:

<<<snip>>>

Apparently you forgot about 'Grim Plexus' being present in Scouting, as well as ALL other Non-Siege Modes of Faction Warfare?!?!? After the News Post went up, I and the Scouting Drop Group that I was with were STILL getting 'Grim Plexus', NOT 'Grim Portico' as that one is NEVER present in Scouting!!! That's why my query to PGI got posted, simple and truthful, as that happens to be what I physically experienced... :angry:

The fact that you can't remember these little tidbits about Faction Warfare using 'Grim Portico' only in 'Siege', and restricting using 'Grim Plexus' to ALL other modes makes me understand so much better as to why you have No Faction Contract right now. And by the way, they have listened to little bits of my suggestions in the past, even though not entire posts... For one example, remember '36 Hours' on the '2017 Holiday Bonus'??? There's more, but you'd have to check my 1900+ Post History... Feel like taking the dive? -_-

~Mr. D. V. "Congratulations, you just triggered my ability to reflect other people's attitudes back on them." Devnull

#54 4er3BaPa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts
  • LocationSerov, Russia

Posted 23 May 2018 - 12:09 AM

Polar Highlands should by the next to remove. 5 matches in a row too tiresome for my short playtime.

#55 McHoshi

• 1,163 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 May 2018 - 12:18 AM

View PostMighty Spike, on 22 May 2018 - 09:51 AM, said:

had not a single disconnect on Grim plexus since patch and didnt even saw disconnects. Still have win7

Not one DC on Grim Plexus but saw lots of DCs on this Map. Also no Probs using Win10.

#56 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 12:36 AM

Before this change I had multiples mass disconnects on grim only, kinda feel guilty about doh's 6 kills.
Game froze on startup animation and had to kill the client so no report was able to be summited

Posted Image

Since the change no more crashes.

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 23 May 2018 - 01:04 AM.

#57 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 12:39 AM

View PostDFM, on 22 May 2018 - 06:13 PM, said:

Saw it on Grim the past weekend. Didn't affect me, but the majority of plays Dc'd out/never loaded in.\

One or two managed to make it back into the game.

I was pissed. I was in a Spider 5D with a ERML and LL. Posted Image takes forever to kill a assault from behind with that loadout.

Two ERML and LL is much better, got 3 assualt mech kills, thou maybe they front loaded their amour or in your case back loaded.

Posted Image

Edit: Totally stole moi kills Posted Image

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 23 May 2018 - 01:07 AM.

#58 Dr Cara Carcass

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 643 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 02:32 AM

While you are at it, fix the hitreg problems i face since the last patch went live too please.

#59 Toxicresidue

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 80 posts
  • Locationcorpus christi texas

Posted 23 May 2018 - 02:56 AM

hey you got a problem with your servers, look at the eastern Europeans you have kiddy hackers and ping corrected laggers

#60 JaegerDjinn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 156 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA,USA

Posted 23 May 2018 - 03:27 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 22 May 2018 - 01:50 PM, said:

What is that simple?

When I was in a game last week and we had the mass disconnect occur on Polar (not Grim but Polar) I was booted out of the game along with several others, had to restart the client, and get back into the game. How would I have found this crash report or dialog or subroutine or whatever? There was nothing other than a disconnect and then my desktop. So I still don't understand what I am supposed to do in terms of reporting this other than to try and capture a screen shot before the disco and send that in.

Posted Image

Devnull is correct. If your comp does catch the issue the report will show up right after the crash and ask if you want too send it too PGI. But it doesnt always catch it, so that is why you seem a little confused. If not then you will have too send a crash report too PGI via support.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users