Grim Plexus Out Of Map Rotation For Next 24Hrs

87 replies to this topic

#61 Spare Parts Bin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 23 May 2018 - 04:21 AM

I was on Grim Plexus Monday evening had 2 or 3 of my company mates AFK, then about 6 of the enemy. It was a slaughter, we killed the ones still moving then worked our way to those who were not.

Edited by Spare Parts Bin, 24 May 2018 - 04:34 AM.

#62 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,915 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 23 May 2018 - 04:24 AM

View PostJaegerDjinn, on 23 May 2018 - 03:27 AM, said:

Devnull is correct. If your comp does catch the issue the report will show up right after the crash and ask if you want too send it too PGI. But it doesnt always catch it, so that is why you seem a little confused. If not then you will have too send a crash report too PGI via support.

So there would be a pop-up box asking me to send a report.
That is indeed my confusion. Never in all of the crashes I have ever had in this game, be it with my current machine or older ones, have I ever recieved such a request to send in a report pop-up box. Never. I honestly did not know this was a thing.

#63 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 05:14 AM

Looks like, the map that let me not connect is: Steiner Coliseum in Solaris 7.

I play a Spider 5 D if this helps.

It is just connecting forever. I waited 10 minutes, did not connect.
Had to kill the game in TaskManager.

#64 KrocodockleTheBooBoxLoader-GetIn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 337 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 05:17 AM

They should leave grim in so we can have more unofficial 'Death Stars'

#65 Galenthor Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 157 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 07:15 AM

I have noticed dozens of crashes on all maps, but mainly grim, solaris, crimson, and caustic being the worst ones for it... oasis and solaris are having issues with getting stopped hard in some spots... as for the crash reporter, I think I may have seen it a few times since the game came out, but only maybe 1% of the time after the game crashes... btw, are you guys going to extend the time to get back into match because of the game taking longer to load now? at least 5 min for me to reboot and get back in if my comp suts down for whatever reason ( heat is an issue, the joys of existing in a heat sink ) and sometimes upto 3 min if it's jus a case of restarting the game to the point of trying to get back in... As well, how hte heck to you get back in when you crash while in a scouting match... no matter what I do it won't let me back in.

Edited by Galenthor Kerensky, 23 May 2018 - 07:19 AM.

#66 WhnDiplomacyFails

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 08:10 AM

Thanks god! Please disable it for a year or so. People pick this map no brain like there are no other maps to play.

#67 Aldodrem

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 100 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 08:35 AM

While you are pulling maps out of rotation can you please pull HPG Manifold out as well until you fix the heat sink problem on that map it needs to be left out of rotation.

Science 101 for PGI

There are three ways to conduct transfer of heat, via convection, conduction, or radiation.
In a BattleMech a heatsinks dissipate heat using convection through the surrounding atmosphere. The cooler air found on Alpine Peaks would therefore have a better convection rate over the warmer atmosphere found on River City, etc.

FYI: Moons have ZERO atmosphere which equates to no convection cooling.

You may dissipate some of your heat through that of conduction transfer (ie, through feet onto the lunar surface), or some by radiating some of the heat into space... but mostly the heat should just be building up on HPG Manifold.

Posted Image

P.S. Update the reconnect value to allow more time. 100% of the time if the game crashes I never return to the match because the timer is to strict and it'd be a waste of my time to play that match for no reward.

Edited by Aldodrem, 23 May 2018 - 08:41 AM.

#68 Edward Scissorhands

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 115 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 08:38 AM

My bet is that this is not a map specific issue Since the Solaris City Patch myself and some others in my unit have noticed several issues. Mostly with Increased loading times, be it logging into the client, ending a match, or loading into a match. We have also noticed many more crashes at these times as well.

I have also noticed an increase in laggyness/framerate loss in matches, and a weird thing where sometimes mechs skins become slightly blurry/smudged. All new issues for me since Solaris city patch. I have already ran repair tool and troubleshot my pc/video card since then.

Edited by Edward Scissorhands, 23 May 2018 - 11:33 AM.

#69 Ropya

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 09:10 AM

Ive seen it happen as well.
But not on Plexus, it was on Therma.

Both teams lost all but a couple people.
We were all able to reconnect afterwards.

View PostStridercal, on 22 May 2018 - 09:06 AM, said:

People playing on potatoes isn't the map's fault.

Just to clarify. When it happened during a match I was in, its the first crash ive had with the game this year.
Rig is a 7700k, GTX1080, 32gb Ram.

So... not a potato. Thus, your dismissal is unhelpful.

#70 Jeff The Animal

Rookie

• The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 11:49 AM

it just happened in Tourmaline Desert as well... almost all the team and enemies had disconnects

Edited by Jeff The Animal, 23 May 2018 - 11:50 AM.

#71 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 23 May 2018 - 01:48 PM

So grim plexus is out of rotation.........

.......Polar Highlands, polar Highlands, polar Highlands, polar Highlands.

Sheesh are players that dull and predictable and would rather play a **** map just so they don't have to manage their heat. So predictable.

Side note noticed some lagging and rubber banding in Solaris city tonight. And DC's have been common for a few months now.

Edited by mad kat, 23 May 2018 - 01:49 PM.

#72 BTGbullseye

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 23 May 2018 - 03:14 PM

View Postmad kat, on 23 May 2018 - 01:48 PM, said:

So grim plexus is out of rotation.........

.......Polar Highlands, polar Highlands, polar Highlands, polar Highlands.

Sheesh are players that dull and predictable and would rather play a **** map just so they don't have to manage their heat. So predictable.

I haven't had a single run on PH since Grim went out of rotation...

#73 Chatin The Skunk

• PipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 03:43 PM

I have experienced mass disconnects outside of Grim and it isn't inclusive to it, but the number of CRASHES I've experienced have been isolated to Grim and Grim alone.

To be said I did not experience or witness issues like this prior to the patch.

That said I was recording one match when my entire team dc'd

About halfway through.

On their DC I noticed huge latency issues and even the recording software hiccuped for a few seconds.

#74 EvangelX

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 38 posts
  • LocationAU

Posted 23 May 2018 - 05:16 PM

^Whats the go with ur sound files?

#75 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,280 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 11:13 PM

View PostAldodrem, on 23 May 2018 - 08:35 AM, said:

P.S. Update the reconnect value to allow more time. 100% of the time if the game crashes I never return to the match because the timer is to strict and it'd be a waste of my time to play that match for no reward.

I second increasing the Re-Connect Timer. It should be no less than 4 minutes, and I've been caught out by that having a 2 Minute Limit at least once in the remote past. <_<

That said, there is a reason to return to a match anyway. If someone doesn't return to a round, they're liable to be reported, and getting marked when the Connection Loss was beyond their control just isn't fair. :(

Maybe PGI should reset Rewards in proportion to the Time Connected during a Match, in case you can't return within the Allowed Re-Connect Time? At least then, you get something for coming back, but it's NOT All-or-Nothing. :huh:

~D. V. "My own thoughts on the Re-Connect Timer..." Devnull

#76 Spare Parts Bin

• Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 24 May 2018 - 04:36 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 23 May 2018 - 11:13 PM, said:

I second increasing the Re-Connect Timer. It should be no less than 4 minutes, and I've been caught out by that having a 2 Minute Limit at least once in the remote past. &lt;_&lt;

That said, there is a reason to return to a match anyway. If someone doesn't return to a round, they're liable to be reported, and getting marked when the Connection Loss was beyond their control just isn't fair. :(

Maybe PGI should reset Rewards in proportion to the Time Connected during a Match, in case you can't return within the Allowed Re-Connect Time? At least then, you get something for coming back, but it's NOT All-or-Nothing. :huh:

~D. V. &quot;My own thoughts on the Re-Connect Timer...&quot; Devnull

I third your proposal. I do not AFK for fun. It has been happening less often but sometimes the internet provider deprioritises me or the office as a whole. If about the time it takes me to reconnect I WANT to do very devilish things to that person or machine that caused my malfunction.

Edited by Spare Parts Bin, 24 May 2018 - 04:40 AM.

#77 KHAN ATTAKHAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 446 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 24 May 2018 - 07:01 AM

All I see is the wheel turning again, a hot fix to fix the patch that fixed the hot fix to fix the patch that fixed the hot fix that fixed the patch...……...
and the wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round...…
LOL'z

#78 BTGbullseye

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 24 May 2018 - 08:06 AM

View PostKHAN ATTAKHAN, on 24 May 2018 - 07:01 AM, said:

All I see is the wheel turning again, a hot fix to fix the patch that fixed the hot fix to fix the patch that fixed the hot fix that fixed the patch...……...
and the wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round...…
LOL'z

That's literally how every piece of software runs, including your operating system. ("new" versions are just modifications of old, they're never really new)

View PostD V Devnull, on 23 May 2018 - 11:13 PM, said:

I second increasing the Re-Connect Timer. It should be no less than 4 minutes, and I've been caught out by that having a 2 Minute Limit at least once in the remote past. Posted Image

That said, there is a reason to return to a match anyway. If someone doesn't return to a round, they're liable to be reported, and getting marked when the Connection Loss was beyond their control just isn't fair. Posted Image

Maybe PGI should reset Rewards in proportion to the Time Connected during a Match, in case you can't return within the Allowed Re-Connect Time? At least then, you get something for coming back, but it's NOT All-or-Nothing. Posted Image

~D. V. "My own thoughts on the Re-Connect Timer..." Devnull

Indeed. I report at match end, or after 4 minutes myself. There really needs to be incentive to reconnect instead of a penalty.

#79 Derek_Wildstar

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 49 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 11:26 AM

Just Happened again 3:24pm EST 4/24 .. map crashed multiple times.. please remove til you fix it. people taking advantage of it and getting free XP ..

#80 FireStoat

• The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 12:37 PM

My desktop is win 7 (64 bit), AMD x4 845, 16 gb ram, Nvidia 750 GTX oc ti, asus motherboard and I have had possibly one disconnection per 6 months of moderate play until the Solaris City patch. Grim Plexus for me became a lottery game of having a match where I would disconnect 2 to 3 times (along with 16+ other players in the match) or having no disconnects at all (for any of the players). It was literally pure random how it would turn out, and only for Grim Plexus.

I returned to playing other games until other players had suffered through it enough for PGI to isolate the issue and fix it. I'm still staying clear of the game until it happens.

Edit - the above modest system with processes reduced to critical services only runs MWO pretty well with generous graphic settings, with 60 FPS on maps like Canyon Network and as low as 44-50 FPS on River City. Again, I had no issues with the game until the patch, which prompted me to update all drivers which again left me with random Grim Plexus disconnects.

Edited by FireStoat, 24 May 2018 - 12:39 PM.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users