Ams Buff Severely Needed.

4 replies to this topic

#1 Minamitsu

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 02:47 PM

I think everyone i play with agrees that since the LRM buff there have been way too many LRM boats returning. Even before this buff, when I would use my twin AMS mech I could only take out a few missiles at a time.
Now that LRM velocity has increased and people are spamming them more than ever, we need a way to actually fight back against them. Current AMS is absolutely useless unless half the team has it.
Just played a match with the triple AMS Nova we were given, and even with 3 AMS and the skill to make them stronger, I couldn't even protect myself from a Mad Dog using LRM 10s...

AMS could really do with a big range increase, or do some area damage. Also it seems like with multiple AMS on one mech, they all focus one missile at a time instead of multiple.

#2 The Lost Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 585 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 06:17 PM

Um... If every mech that could take AMS, took just 1 and 1/2 a ton of ammo, LRMs would be totally useless. A helper fox alone can bork 2 lrm boats. LRMs are quite easy to counter.

#3 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 24 May 2018 - 08:02 PM

View PostMinamitsu, on 24 May 2018 - 02:47 PM, said:

Just played a match with the triple AMS Nova we were given, and even with 3 AMS and the skill to make them stronger, I couldn't even protect myself from a Mad Dog using LRM 10s...

I 100% absolutely do not believe you. That Triple AMS Nova can neutralize the vast majority of an LRM80 volley...

#4 TibsVT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 421 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIronhold (Sydney, Australia)

Posted 24 May 2018 - 10:35 PM

I'd actually go back to the age old bring in accuracy arguments. Make indirect LRM spam less accurate.

Edited by KelesK, 24 May 2018 - 10:36 PM.

#5 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 24 May 2018 - 10:51 PM

View PostKelesK, on 24 May 2018 - 10:35 PM, said:

I'd actually go back to the age old bring in accuracy arguments. Make indirect LRM spam less accurate.

It already is... It's at effectively 50% effectiveness when you don't have line of sight with Artemis.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users