Are There Lots Of People Looking For A Unit?

30 replies to this topic

#1 Jarl Dane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 27 May 2018 - 04:35 PM

In these lean times we've lost many FRR units. I worry that, at the moment, none are really actively recruiting and that we have a lot of unhappy people looking for a home, but finding none.

If..that is the case maybe we can come together and create a unit.. something between the free-wheeling SO and the little more organized RSOR.

A unified FRR unit.

So, are their either small dead/dying units.. or individual players out there who would be interested in this?

Is there a will and a people to see this happen?
Cuz if there is; I'll find the way.

Edited by Mech The Dane, 27 May 2018 - 04:36 PM.

#2 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 27 May 2018 - 04:48 PM

[Redacted]

Edited by draiocht, 27 May 2018 - 11:27 PM.
unconstructive

#3 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 27 May 2018 - 04:54 PM

View PostMech The Dane, on 27 May 2018 - 04:51 PM, said:

Dude, stop spamming nonsense in my thread.

I actually hope you can get a unified FRR unit together, have you looked into whether 2323 still have people as well?

#4 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 755 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 04:57 PM

What active FRR units exists besides ISEN?

Sometimes i see the 1sth running around but the others seem nearly non existant.

Edited by Windscape, 27 May 2018 - 04:58 PM.

#5 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 05:04 PM

View PostWindscape, on 27 May 2018 - 04:57 PM, said:

What active FRR units exists besides ISEN?

Sometimes i see the 1sth running around but the others seem nearly non existant.

I don't know =(
At least for NA units.
Which saddens me. And is somewhat alarming.

#6 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 05:40 PM

CbR3 is active FRR, but it's one of my franchises so it's bigger than its membership number suggests. Problem is, except for for lore hounds and people finished mercenary tree, loyalist isn't that attractive. Most FRR units I encounter are mercs

Edited by ccrider, 27 May 2018 - 05:41 PM.

#7 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 27 May 2018 - 06:12 PM

I'm currently unit-less as I am grinding FRR Loyalty rewards. So if you need someone to help steer a long boat occasionally lemme know.

Can say it'll be like that forever, won't take me too long to grind out max rank as I'm already half way through.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 27 May 2018 - 06:40 PM.

#8 Morkdaddy

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 1 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, United States

Posted 27 May 2018 - 06:25 PM

I'm also currently Unit-less and looking for a Unit to play with. I mainly do quickplay or scouting missions because I do not have enough high quality heavy mechs for a proper assault drop deck. playing with veterans can give me pointers and suggestions for future mech purchases as well.

#9 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 07:46 PM

View PostMorkdaddy, on 27 May 2018 - 06:25 PM, said:

I'm also currently Unit-less and looking for a Unit to play with. I mainly do quickplay or scouting missions because I do not have enough high quality heavy mechs for a proper assault drop deck. playing with veterans can give me pointers and suggestions for future mech purchases as well.

Alright.. thanks for posting.. I am gonna leave this up for a bit and see how many more people show up. Maybe after the clean up date for the FRR hub we can hold a Faction-wide Jarlsmoot and see what we have to work with.

#10 Looptroop

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 10:07 PM

As someone who's a constant solo QP player, but a FRR loyalist, I find this interesting. Haven't really done FP because of the lack of a unit to play with.

#11 KHAN ATTAKHAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 446 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 27 May 2018 - 10:27 PM

Come to the Bears, we have chocolate cake, but if your willing to switch we'll take both of you, mechs don't matter to start with just start dropping with us in QP, F/P scouting with 1 clan mech and we'll sort the rest later.

#12 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 27 May 2018 - 10:58 PM

Ah dude... Not to be rude but there is no way I'm going to join a unit you run...

And I am well versed in FP activities.

#13 Erronius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 06:02 PM

It's kind of a weird question for me. I do QP almost exclusively, and the few times I dropped invasion with folks, I later thought to myself:
  • that's kind of a large time investment for even a single game, and if you happen to get rolled...yeah.
  • not sure I like taking Assaults/Heavies to max out Drop Deck tonnage because people will gripe if I take 4x Urbies...
  • ...then watching my entire team start in heavies and assaults only to get shredded in a couple of minutes made me go "ehhhh...WTF?"

The FRR icon is cool, though, so at least it's got that going for it

#14 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 June 2018 - 02:39 AM

View PostMech The Dane, on 27 May 2018 - 04:35 PM, said:

In these lean times we've lost many FRR units. I worry that, at the moment, none are really actively recruiting and that we have a lot of unhappy people looking for a home, but finding none.

If..that is the case maybe we can come together and create a unit.. something between the free-wheeling SO and the little more organized RSOR.

A unified FRR unit.

So, are their either small dead/dying units.. or individual players out there who would be interested in this?

Is there a will and a people to see this happen?
Cuz if there is; I'll find the way.

I'll ask around on our TS. We regularly have many guests from different factions, also FRR. I will give them a link to your thread in hope to strengthen our IS-allies and to fight Clanner Scum more efficient :)

#15 Slavick89

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 02:12 AM

HI ! FFR loyalist here looking for an active Unit ! FP without a Unit is paintful ha ha ha :)

#16 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 June 2018 - 02:23 AM

View PostSlavick89, on 06 June 2018 - 02:12 AM, said:

HI ! FFR loyalist here looking for an active Unit ! FP without a Unit is paintful ha ha ha Posted Image

Welcome Slavick89!

Have fun with MWO and this crazy community :)

#17 shameless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 491 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 05:10 AM

hell are people still even playing FP? I get on the various open servers and they tend to be void of life, I've personally only been doing private matches to help a few new players get a handle on the basics, for the last 2 months.

#18 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 06 June 2018 - 06:23 AM

View Postshameless, on 06 June 2018 - 05:10 AM, said:

hell are people still even playing FP? I get on the various open servers and they tend to be void of life, I've personally only been doing private matches to help a few new players get a handle on the basics, for the last 2 months.

HHoD was running 2 12 mans last night for a little while, though unfortunately I think all the clanners had gone home by that point.

People still play this game, yes.

#19 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 June 2018 - 10:45 PM

View Postshameless, on 06 June 2018 - 05:10 AM, said:

Hell how cant you know? Many FP players there, but solo you don't get drops sometimes.

#20 Axsom Aynes II

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 06:07 AM

I've been dropping with the new unit in the thread below. Kind of an open recruitment now but it has been fun. Kind of a mix of skill levels. I've been doing the one man unit thing for the past year and decided to go FRR loyalist earlier this year. I don't mind dropping solo but going with a full (or close to full) has been fun.

https://mwomercs.com...it-recruitment/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users