Mech Yourself Before You Wreck Yourself!

70 replies to this topic

#41 Atlai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,439 posts
  • Locationfrom the East of the South end of the North

Posted 30 May 2018 - 10:15 AM

View PostLily of Thrace, on 29 May 2018 - 01:31 PM, said:

Oh, the Protector is finally on sale. That's a shame, since you wait until I say I won't spend any more on this game due to my disagreements with how you handled the last patch.
And it was the one mech I really would have jumped at the chance to buy. Maybe next time.

Just out of pure curiosity, what was so poorly handled about last patch? As far as I can remember, nothing really particularly crazy came out last patch besides Solaris City and the Blood Asp...

Edit: I did misread you a bit, you meant how they handled the actual patch, not the content in it, or that's how I'm reading it now. Regardless, I am still curious as to why you thought it was poorly handled.

Edited by Mason West, 30 May 2018 - 10:19 AM.

#42 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 30 May 2018 - 10:52 AM

View PostPain G0D, on 30 May 2018 - 07:54 AM, said:

It might also be the opposite . Perhaps they are getting higher than usual profits and they just want to ride that wave till it blows over ? PGI has scored more cash from me than any other FTP game . I wonder if i am a whale yet ?

Paid anything more than ~$150 into MWO? You might just be. Let's hope, though, that they're not just trying to silently 'milk' people in a merciless manner. :mellow:

View PostPain G0D, on 30 May 2018 - 07:54 AM, said:

It would totally suck if they are not making their rent . I imagine the alarm bells would go off in my head if everything was on 50 % discount but right now its still cherry picked . I cannot say this weeks sale options are very impressive . That says to me everything is fine .

Yeah, if the (C-Bills) Mechs hit 50% Off, that would indeed be a warning sign. As long as that 50% Off remains reserved to the Hero Mechs, and PGI doesn't put out a "we're financially hurting" statement, I guess we're at least somewhat fine there. Of note, however, some of the 40% Off (C-Bills) Mechs are looking good, and I've picked up what I can (and did want to grab more, but could not) albeit that it broke my (C-Bills) 'piggy bank' for a while. But I'm still left to wonder with my (C-Bills) (and (MC) as well) running to zero, and what seems like lack of Events that would normally prevent that, if there's something unexpected going on behind the scenes at PGI. :(

~D. V. "Still have my conspiracy-class theories, but I don't think I'll jump on them as easily now..." Devnull

#43 burns

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • LocationMonerica

Posted 30 May 2018 - 11:32 AM

Meh, 43 MC short of the Shadow Hawk Hero. I´ll wait some longer Posted Image

#44 ZortPointNarf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Posted 30 May 2018 - 12:55 PM

There goes my MC: HGN-HM, QKD-IV4, SDR-A, GRF-1E

#45 Mikayshen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 416 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 01:31 PM

I have bought 5 new cbill mechs and an IV-4 from this sale.

We need a cbill event and we need it bad. I was down to under 180,000 cbills earlier.

#46 Yosharian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 01:33 PM

Wasted 5 million cbills buying a Kintaro and outfitting it only to find out that the missile tubes don't work properly, gee thanks PGI. No wonder this thing has mega-quirks. Into the trash it goes.

#47 BTGbullseye

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 30 May 2018 - 01:53 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 30 May 2018 - 10:52 AM, said:

Paid anything more than ~$150 into MWO? You might just be.

I guess I'm a whale then... I've got 6 Ultimate Packs for Clan, and the Fafnir.

#48 P0607

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 07:07 PM

So many mechs I wanna get and so little time, while I'm already short on cbills after the other sales. Would really like to see a sale extension and a fat cbills event. It shouldn't really hurt you cause people still need to buy mechbays.

#49 GamerPro4000

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationSian

Posted 30 May 2018 - 10:19 PM

I spent 100 million c-bills the last 2 weeks to buy mechs. of course I did not have 100 million in my account, so i had to liquidate many of my old IS XL engines and weapon systems to buy the mechs. I even sold the engines that came with the new mechs I bought on sale to buy more mechs because I rather have Light Fusion engines in them instead. Currently I have 7 mechs without an engine. However, as long i have the mechs on sale, i can make cbills later to equip them for combat readiness. I have been playing this game for about a year now and manage to buy 1 variant (the best varient) of every chassis. Funny thing is I earn more xp now during the event, but i don't earn enough c-bills to level up the mechs.

Edited by GamerPro4000, 30 May 2018 - 10:44 PM.

#50 Black Ivan

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 10:19 PM

So many Mechs that have been forgotten during the Quirk passes in favour of power creep for new Mech Packs,

#51 ZortPointNarf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Posted 30 May 2018 - 10:29 PM

@Matt, any chance for a serious Cbill event, I am talking in the range of 100 million.
Since the skill tree introduction I just can't keep enough funds around for CB sales.
I am running Premium and those cockpit items to boost CB earnings and still struggle, so imagine the guys not running that how they must struggle to level up their mechs, let alone buy new one. Players having extra cbills means they would more often than not buy mechs, and for that you need MC, so the monetary gain for PGI is incentive enough.

Anyway, thanks for the sales. Got a few more heroes to add to the collection. (now to farm once my gpu arrives to fit them out).

#52 clop1000

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 12:14 AM

BTW - there is a little trick that my help.

Because sale is limited in time, we need money and we need it fast☻
If you really want to buy some mechs that are on sale right now you just can strip mechs that you already have and don't use and sell all the outfit. XL engines are especially valuable.
Buy doing that I got 50m CB, bought all mech i wanted... and bought 20 mech bays to have free space to accommodate all this this junk☻

Edited by clop1000, 31 May 2018 - 12:15 AM.

#53 ThomasAH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 199 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 12:22 AM

View PostYosharian, on 30 May 2018 - 01:33 PM, said:

Wasted 5 million cbills buying a Kintaro and outfitting it only to find out that the missile tubes don't work properly, gee thanks PGI. No wonder this thing has mega-quirks. Into the trash it goes.

Not even if manually opening the missile door for your belly-launcher? I think the default hotkey is "/" (forward slash).

#54 Yosharian

• Bad Company
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 01:27 AM

View PostThomasAH, on 31 May 2018 - 12:22 AM, said:

Not even if manually opening the missile door for your belly-launcher? I think the default hotkey is "/" (forward slash).

What.

#55 ZortPointNarf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Posted 31 May 2018 - 01:43 AM

View Postclop1000, on 31 May 2018 - 12:14 AM, said:

BTW - there is a little trick that my help.

Because sale is limited in time, we need money and we need it fast☻
If you really want to buy some mechs that are on sale right now you just can strip mechs that you already have and don't use and sell all the outfit. XL engines are especially valuable.
Buy doing that I got 50m CB, bought all mech i wanted... and bought 20 mech bays to have free space to accommodate all this this junk☻

I wish I had extra ones left to sell, but most of those funds went straight into buying light engines when those arrived,equipping 200 mechs with new tech is pricey AF

#56 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 31 May 2018 - 02:45 AM

View PostYosharian, on 31 May 2018 - 01:27 AM, said:

View PostThomasAH, on 31 May 2018 - 12:22 AM, said:

View PostYosharian, on 30 May 2018 - 01:33 PM, said:

What.

I second that... "What?!?!?" ...Like, I did NOT know that the Kintaro has a Missile Door? :wacko:

~Mr. D. V. "SAY WHAT?!?!?" Devnull

#57 Hauptmann Keg Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 289 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 03:46 AM

...did no one else look at the Kintaro's CT missile hardpoints, notice the lack of missile geometry, and suspect something about the curiously door-like square in the belly? Even if you didn't go on, say, smurfy and see the missile door noted there.

#58 ZortPointNarf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Posted 31 May 2018 - 05:26 AM

View PostIdToaster, on 31 May 2018 - 03:46 AM, said:

...did no one else look at the Kintaro's CT missile hardpoints, notice the lack of missile geometry, and suspect something about the curiously door-like square in the belly? Even if you didn't go on, say, smurfy and see the missile door noted there.

Back in the day, prior to its refit, the Quickdraw would chain-fire lrm 10-20 through its lrm 5 port, so you had this odd clan-like chain lerm going, i actually miss that, was very trolly.

#59 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 06:01 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 31 May 2018 - 02:45 AM, said:

I second that... "What?!?!?" ...Like, I did NOT know that the Kintaro has a Missile Door? Posted Image

~Mr. D. V. "SAY WHAT?!?!?" Devnull

Dont beat yourself up bro . Its easy to miss if you dont own or play with a Kintaro 18.

Edited by Pain G0D, 31 May 2018 - 06:01 AM.

#60 Corned Beef Hash

• Pip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 12:04 PM

Anybody think they'll have a sale on mech colors/camo patterns? Complete waste of MC for aesthetics but I love Mechs and I'm getting tired of seeing the same old drab green mechs.

Also anybody know if you buy a Camo, if that camo is available for all other owned mechs (as long as it's not equipped)?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users