Mech Yourself Before You Wreck Yourself!

70 replies to this topic

#61 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 01:32 PM

View PostCorned Beef Hash, on 31 May 2018 - 12:04 PM, said:

Anybody think they'll have a sale on mech colors/camo patterns? Complete waste of MC for aesthetics but I love Mechs and I'm getting tired of seeing the same old drab green mechs.

Also anybody know if you buy a Camo, if that camo is available for all other owned mechs (as long as it's not equipped)?

You buy a "Camo" for a specific mech chassis only but it's unlocked for as many chassis variants you own and at the same time .
For example if you have 4 catapults and you buy catapult phranken skin pattern , you can have that Camo on all your catapults if you so choose .

Edited by Pain G0D, 31 May 2018 - 01:34 PM.

#62 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 31 May 2018 - 02:21 PM

View PostCorned Beef Hash, on 31 May 2018 - 12:04 PM, said:

Anybody think they'll have a sale on mech colors/camo patterns? Complete waste of MC for aesthetics but I love Mechs and I'm getting tired of seeing the same old drab green mechs.

While it is just a little bit, there are a few - very few - colours available for . Select Basic colours iirc, then you should see them. Aren't cheap, but at least its just .

#63 G4ost

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 29 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 May 2018 - 04:11 PM

If this sale would have lasted longer I would have bought more! Not everyone has deep pockets and have to wait till payday, only doing a sale for a few days feels more like a slap in the ******* face then a nice "here you go guys"

#64 FallGuy0815

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 152 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 05:11 PM

View PostG4ost, on 31 May 2018 - 04:11 PM, said:

If this sale would have lasted longer I would have bought more! Not everyone has deep pockets and have to wait till payday, only doing a sale for a few days feels more like a slap in the ******* face then a nice "here you go guys"

As long as you do not have all the mechs you could always buy one more if you have coin to spare. What are the alternatives:
- Just put up a single mech for sale for a day? Just the ones that _were_ up in the last two week would clog the pipeline
- Put up that many for a real long time? Might sound better, but i am somewhat glad that the sale is over now. I would have liked to buy "just one more", but i was grinding my few hero mechs for c-bills with the new bought standing in the bays untouched as it is

So ... somewhere inbetween. Maybe the current sale overshot a little bit in the "too much in too little time" direction, but just because there was so little time between this one and the last two. So: Less sales? Naaah
The way it is now means you really have to cherry pick and decide which mechs you _really_ want

One plea to Matt though: Do not take the current ones completely out of sale rotation for this long time again because "we had our chance". G4ost is right that it was next to impossible to get them all unless you had tons of cbills lying around anyway.

Heroes may be something different, yet i try to pick up some obscure (as in "seldom seen on the battlefield") but iconic mechs in the sales. This time it was the IS Jenner, famous and iconic but not that popular for actual gameplay. I would not pay MC or cash for that though, even 4 Million always seemed steep, but for 2 you got me.

ON-1V would probably have been next but was not worth real money (MC/cash or investment in C-Bill package) either imho. Put these poor things up for sale again this decade please ;-)

#65 dominikabra

• PipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 03:24 AM

I second that, please keep the rarely seen and long awaited mechs on the sale rotation. Thanks for the sales, I'm utterly broke!

#66 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 05:57 AM

View PostG4ost, on 31 May 2018 - 04:11 PM, said:

Yeah yeah sure like we not gonna get another sale a couple of days from now .

Edited by Pain G0D, 01 June 2018 - 05:58 AM.

#67 Hemholtz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 113 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 09:01 AM

View PostZortPointNarf, on 31 May 2018 - 05:26 AM, said:

Back in the day, prior to its refit, the Quickdraw would chain-fire lrm 10-20 through its lrm 5 port, so you had this odd clan-like chain lerm going, i actually miss that, was very trolly.

Think I was doing that with the Raven thru the NARC tube...

As for the missile doors....yeah, right now it's kinda hard to remember which mechs still have doors....I think the Cents had them removed...

#68 Ixidor Dinne

• PipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 36 posts
  • LocationPlanet Arkab, Buckminster Prefacture

Posted 01 June 2018 - 11:16 AM

Shadowhawks were the same way with the missile tubes, I miss the Lrm 20 troll build 3l in the single tube...lol.

Honestly though they should put some of the older mechs, say from Invasion 1 and prior on a permanent like 30% off sale.

#69 Cloves

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 561 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 11:50 AM

View PostPain G0D, on 31 May 2018 - 01:32 PM, said:

You buy a "Camo" for a specific mech chassis only but it's unlocked for as many chassis variants you own and at the same time .
For example if you have 4 catapults and you buy catapult phranken skin pattern , you can have that Camo on all your catapults if you so choose .

Or you can buy a “One shot” which is much cheaper, only works for that one mech, no other variants, if you ever change the pattern, you lose it. Since the death of the rule of three, I only own one or maybe two variants of many mechs, so it’s a bargain. Also preorders often come with three colors, and the resistance pack came with like 4 colors per tier. Between the cbill colors (which are all kinda washed out), the event colors, the steam pack colors, and the mech pack colors, you can have a rainbow to choose from before you drop MC. But if you have to own a particular shade of puce, you just have to pony up the five bucks. It’s kinda surreal that I have been playing on and off for over a year and have never seen a color sale.

Edited by Cloves, 01 June 2018 - 12:00 PM.

#70 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 01 June 2018 - 04:18 PM

Hmm, I seem to remember a colour sale, but I'm not sure. Wouldn't have used it anyway. While I like to colour my mechs, I have some that I got for free or , those usually are enough. Wouldn't mind another event with a few colours I don't own yet though.

#71 Ixidor Dinne

• PipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 36 posts
  • LocationPlanet Arkab, Buckminster Prefacture

Posted 02 June 2018 - 07:44 AM

Just a couple months ago, they had a sale on some of the purple colors.....I think around Easter?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users