Complaining About The Quality Of Builds On Opposing Team

31 replies to this topic

#1 Cloves

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 561 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 12:57 PM

If you are ranting about the poor builds of the opposition team in all chat whilst you are being stomped, look to yourself. If you spend the next three matches ranting, calling names and threatening to teamkill your own people, you are toxic. If you cannot read simple English when used as a player’s name, you look like an illiterate fool. Thank you all for your attention, enjoy your games, thank you for letting me get that off my chest. Not naming any names.

#2 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,062 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 01 June 2018 - 01:07 PM

I only care about the bad builds on MY team.

#3 VonBruinwald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 01 June 2018 - 01:59 PM

View PostCloves, on 01 June 2018 - 12:57 PM, said:

If you are ranting about the poor builds of the opposition team in all chat whilst you are being stomped...

...Not naming any names.

I'm probably one of those names that's upset you...

I'll regularly call out a player on the enemy team when we're getting stomped and insult their build, there's nothing wrong with a little light-hearted taunting;
Meta-builds/Alpha Strikes... 'Easy mode for try-hards'
Fire control macros... 'Nothing says lack of skill like needing a macro to fire your weapons for you'
Garish paintjob... 'nice mech, shame about the pilot'
Hiding at the back poking.. 'your team mates are doing all the work'
That last ECM-Scat... 'no surprise there'

Most players take it as a bit of fun. The ones who are offended need to lighten up, it's not like I'm insulting your mom...

Last night I was even trash talking myself. Hit override and test-fired quad PPC's the moment we dropped and blew off my side torso.... genius. I think the reds were confused when I told them I'd did half the work for them already.

#4 Gwahlur

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 462 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 02:09 PM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 01 June 2018 - 01:59 PM, said:

it's not like I'm insulting your mom...

Your mother smells of elderberries.

I mostly worry about my own builds

#5 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 01 June 2018 - 02:26 PM

View PostGwahlur, on 01 June 2018 - 02:09 PM, said:

Your mother smells of elderberries.

I mostly worry about my own builds

Yes, well, that may be the case but your mother's so hairy, the only language she speaks, is wookie!

Posted Image

#6 Cloves

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 561 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 02:27 PM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 01 June 2018 - 01:59 PM, said:

I'm probably one of those names that's upset you...

I'll regularly call out a player on the enemy team when we're getting stomped and insult their build, there's nothing wrong with a little light-hearted taunting;
Meta-builds/Alpha Strikes... 'Easy mode for try-hards'
Fire control macros... 'Nothing says lack of skill like needing a macro to fire your weapons for you'
Garish paintjob... 'nice mech, shame about the pilot'
Hiding at the back poking.. 'your team mates are doing all the work'
That last ECM-Scat... 'no surprise there'

Most players take it as a bit of fun. The ones who are offended need to lighten up, it's not like I'm insulting your mom...

Last night I was even trash talking myself. Hit override and test-fired quad PPC's the moment we dropped and blew off my side torso.... genius. I think the reds were confused when I told them I'd did half the work for them already.
. Nope, very cool with trash talk, think that’s how this fellow got triggered. He was clearly frustrated with his team when I was destroying them, but choose to voice his frustrations in all chat. I responded in a light hearted manner. He then was placed on my team and went on a verbal tirad for the next few matches. At least he did not engage in actual team killing, but his behavior was very juvenile. I really understand “court trash” and am partially at fault for engaging him at all and for bringing a troll build painted in pink and green, but he needs to understand what is fun and what is just living up to a bad stereotype. If you are going to bring a try hard build, don’t expect everyone else to, and don’t flip out at someone who does better with a less competitive one.

#7 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 01 June 2018 - 06:39 PM

If I spy an Awesome with a single PPC, an LRM5 and an LRM15, I'm gonna call him out

His robot is bad, and he should feel bad
Naturally, he failed to deal 200 damage

We also stomped their team quite hard, as they were down a relevant Assault, though regardless of Stomp direction, that's one bad robot

#8 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 03 June 2018 - 01:04 AM

Bad builds are bad and should be called out, no matter which side they are on.

Bad player, bad build.

Posted Image

Bad player, bad build.

Posted Image

#9 jss78

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 03 June 2018 - 04:25 AM

I see your bad builds and I raise you>

Posted Image

(But it occurs to me I've had "all chat" off for at least 2 years.)

#10 Asym

• Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 04:37 AM

Alas, we poison the well, salt the earth and the ask why we are feeling un-well and all alone.... Where did everyone go?
Leave be and help versus anger. Gosh, you all are way too serious and one day, you'll do a "Rosanne" and find out the hard way that anger isn't an approved solution; and, that hate in any form, even if you think it is funny, is a touchy thing today. Report threats.....

#11 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 05:42 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 eminus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 604 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 05:59 AM

the only good LRM King Crab is a King Crab in Battletech game! lol

#13 Popcat

• PipPipPip
  • The Shogun
  • The Shogun
  • 74 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 08:41 AM

El bandito:

I don't own a king crab or a warhawk and are unfamiliar wit this so please pardon my ignorance. What specifically is bad about those builds? damage, heat management etc...

I'm not a build bully but that Phoenix hawk . . yesh. . I can tell he loves to challenge himself.

Cloves your welcome :)

Edited by Popcat, 03 June 2018 - 08:42 AM.

#14 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 08:49 AM

View PostPopcat, on 03 June 2018 - 08:41 AM, said:

El bandito:

I don't own a king crab or a warhawk and are unfamiliar wit this so please pardon my ignorance. What specifically is bad about those builds? damage, heat management etc...

Those are 'Kitchen Sink' Builds - Builds that are spread so thin on their weaponry that they'll lose in pretty much any circumstance you put them in, because they're crap at everything.

#15 Brain Cancer

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 08:50 AM

I've seen a single-MG Atlas before.

Sometimes, you need to express your disapproval with this kind of team sabotage.

#16 Asym

• Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 08:55 AM

There should be an event for the most obtuse and ineffective builds ! Those with the most damage, kills, kmdd's and assists get rewarded proportional to the ineffectiveness of their builds !

The Mg and Flamer Atlas...... Or, whatever the craziest build you cant think of !

Come on PGI, let's encourage them and have some unadulterated fun !

#17 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 08:59 AM

IMO it's quickplay.. complaining about bad builds is basically bad form, or being a troll. If you want to help someone, send um a freind invite and help them, or talk to them.

It sorta like the people that rant, never called a target, never called a grid, never use the command wheel.. basically were silent until... Your build sucks, worst team ever.

View PostBrain Cancer, on 03 June 2018 - 08:50 AM, said:

I've seen a single-MG Atlas before.

Sometimes, you need to express your disapproval with this kind of team sabotage.

its no worse than the guy that goes AFK or DC, or pulls a bone head move and dies with 10 damage... (yes i've done all of the above at one time or another..) Ever rounded the corner in a commando and taken a ac40 to the face? Hell the other day i didn't realize i was facing the wrong way on solaris map and hit out of bounds and blew up..

side note or bug... solaris map you blow as soon as you hear the warning, no time to even react.

basically my point is in QP if 10 guys are working together your gonna win more often than not.. Unless of course a top player is one your team, then i often just wanna die so i can watch them rock! I saw lizzy in a game the other day on fire.. I so wish i had just tanked the match and spectated.. Posted Image

He was in some Farnir build, no clue what it was.. he was near me most of the match but i was to busy trying to stay alive. Can't really recall what i was driving other than a clanner i was leveling and for some reason i just am not as good in clans.

Edited by JC Daxion, 03 June 2018 - 09:04 AM.

#18 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 03 June 2018 - 09:20 AM

View PostPopcat, on 03 June 2018 - 08:41 AM, said:

El bandito:

The range is all over the place, cooldowns are all over the place, projectile velocity is all over the place--just trash builds.

#19 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 09:51 AM

The worst build I recall seeing lately was an Atlas with 2 LL, 2 ML - I think they may have been ER versions, I don't recall.

I remember asking them what their engine was, to which they replied "the largest light engine"

It was a (F) Atlas, so I can only imagine it was something like this ?

#20 Brain Cancer

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 10:05 AM

I've seen this one run repeatedly, in a Founder's Atlas. Baby deities shed tears.

https://mwo.smurfy-n...8a837ce72d29991

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users