Solo Queue - Mm Update (30/05/2018)

159 replies to this topic

#101 Orion ji

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 103 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 05:30 AM

lele I thought Tier 5 was the highest and here I am high T2 still playing ****** and the MM does seem a bit worse atm.

#102 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 09 June 2018 - 07:42 AM

Paul, if you are still monitoring this thread, how are the teams put together, the selection process. Once the seeded person is selected, is one side filled up then the other side is filled up, or is it alternating selection, and individually or 2-2, 3-3, etc? On that, if alternating, is it matching weight class each time, ie Player D-Team 1 heavy to Player D-Team 2 heavy (Tier 1 or Tier 2, based on a Tier 1 seeded player).

Just noting reference to the 3/3/3/3 changes before opening up the door

2 & 2a) The Match Maker is going to wait no longer than 20 seconds to come up with a 3/3/3/3 build. After that 20 seconds is up, it will INSTANTLY allow 6/6/6/6 weight class distribution and eventually widen up to 12/12/12/12 over the next 30 seconds. The Match Maker will also weight class match on both teams. If there are 6 assaults on one team, there's guaranteed to be 6 assaults on the other. This also helps SIGNIFICANTLY when the marketing team runs an event using a single 'Mech as it's reward giving element.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 09 June 2018 - 07:44 AM.

#103 Skippynibble

• PipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 05:56 PM

With the changes we have lost some of the ability to get C-Bill and XP...can you please make a adjustment to improve our return?

#104 MechWarrior6908891

Rookie

• 9 posts
  • LocationThe Sun originates

Posted 13 June 2018 - 01:14 PM

View PostSkippynibbles, on 10 June 2018 - 05:56 PM, said:

With the changes we have lost some of the ability to get C-Bill and XP...can you please make a adjustment to improve our return?
no

#105 Brain Cancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:04 PM

View PostMechWarrior6908891, on 13 June 2018 - 01:14 PM, said:

no

Nobody asked you, unless you're secretly a PGI haxxor. :)

#106 Throe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 09:25 AM

[deleted by user]

Edited by Throe, 08 November 2018 - 05:02 PM.

#107 BWS2K

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 June 2018 - 10:22 AM

Is it possible to track a PSR for each chassis variant? I know I'm technically a T3 player but my performance in Mist Lynxes is far superior than when I'm in anything else, and I know my MLX-G numbers have carried me up well into T2 on my alt. Not that it fixes the PSR system but it might help balance matches, no?

#108 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 14 June 2018 - 02:28 PM

View PostThroe, on 14 June 2018 - 09:25 AM, said:

I know I'm late to this party, and that it's probably already been said. The PSR system is completely borked as of now. As evidence: I've met people with a 68% overall ranking on Jarl's list who are Tier 1(not a single season above 72%).
Try 39%.

#109 Remover of Obstacles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 549 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 03:41 PM

Any update?

Still keeping everything within 3 tiers?

#110 Jatix

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 05:10 PM

Honestly psr just needs to go. Its a terrible system.

My team can get completely destroyed. I can do top or second damage of like 300 (assume it was a stomp and 300 damage is good for the losing team). I will still prob lose psr because I didn't hit any magical thresholds.

But if we lose a little less slow and I'm in my rac 2 boat all I have to do is pelt peopel all over, 0 kills, 0 components destroyed, 0 assists, and I can gain psr cuz I did bloated damage numbers.

You can pulse boat light mech. sneak up on a lrm assault and solo kill it. your team gets dunked. You were the only kill. Loses psr becasue you didnt do enough damage.

All you need to do to be tier 1 is play op mechs and camp to farm damage and play enough games and you hit tier 1. I'm only 2 because I dont play enough and I don't always play broken mechs.

But it doesnt matter that I'm t2 because the games are never balanced anyway.

Yes I know this sounds mega salty but thats not the goal. I just want to get the point across that we really just need a new system that works. Tightening up the system to not have t4 and t1 hopefully will help. But that doesnt change that you can have two t1/2 players of complete unequal skill because it doesnt actually measure skill.

#111 Doomich

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 68 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 19 June 2018 - 03:22 AM

Only player's performance based matchmaking system can help here.
You can't balance a match without having a system that shows the player's skill.
Current Tier system is just a joke

Edited by Doomich, 19 June 2018 - 03:22 AM.

#112 N3tRunn3r

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 28 posts
  • LocationTemple of Nod

Posted 25 June 2018 - 12:48 PM

I would like to play MWO again "with fun". Since the Solaris 7 updadate it is nearly impossible to have fun due to the more damaged MatchMaker. It was ever damaged, but not like this as it has been since S7.

Has it been fixed lately? Any news on it?

#113 HGAK47

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 971 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 09:24 AM

What a lovely thing to return to the game to Posted Image Good job mate this is actual progress!

P.S
So all of that time when people were saying that it wasnt possible for t1`s to vs t5`s.... it seems they were correct?

P.P.S
I also always thought that it would be incredibly hard to balance this game as not only do you have human players that vary in ability but you also have customised mechs that massively vary in ability too.

Edited by HGAK47, 26 June 2018 - 09:26 AM.

#114 MTier Slayed Up

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 717 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 10:19 AM

Wish I took a screen shot of this, but I've had this player consistently in my games.

https://leaderboard....u=sushi+samurai

I don't believe he's T3, but I could be wrong.

#115 Knife Wounds

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 05:08 PM

Sweet I always thought I sucked, this verifies it lol!

#116 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 12:40 PM

PGi claims there still is a matchmaker? Well, I guess, technically, there is a system to get 24 people into a match, but as for them claiming its does it based on some sort of skill rating is laughable.

#117 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 27 August 2018 - 01:45 PM

When you're in teir 1 but are repeatedly getting dropped with players who are clearly brand new or don't have a clue it's blatantly obvious that there is no match maker.

If there is one it must be switched off because the player base is so tiny now.

#118 Xulld

• PipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 09:57 AM

I am a pretty crummy T1 player... I sometimes wish the system was better at establishing capability and match making but unless both are made better I am not sure your ideas are beneficial.

#119 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 20 September 2018 - 04:32 PM

View PostXulld, on 20 September 2018 - 09:57 AM, said:

I am a pretty crummy T1 player... I sometimes wish the system was better at establishing capability and match making but unless both are made better I am not sure your ideas are beneficial.

Overall you are in the top 30%.. or that the Tiers are there in an attempt to separate the new players and those who do not do well from those who do just enough plus. Since the PSR/MM has a low, static threshold for the Match score, reaching Tier 1 is more like a participating trophy, do just enough and you too can be Tier 1.

Tis okay, I am definitely not in the same league several others but I have been Tier one for a year and a half or there abouts.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 21 September 2018 - 02:40 AM.

#120 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 20 September 2018 - 10:26 PM

Tarl has it right. As long as you vomit enough damage, you will go up in tiers. IIRC my move through T4 and T5 was mainly associated with applying a lot of LRMs on target.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook