121 replies to this topic

#81 Alvar Von Kenesthor

• PipPipPip
  • The Lanner
  • The Lanner
  • 93 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 02 June 2018 - 01:43 PM

Oh, great. And with this pseudo-Artic Cheetah the clan lights spectrum will be covered for another year, let alone the 30-35t category.
Seriously, what's the point of these last mechs? A worse Locust? A worse Assassin/Cicada? And now a worse Artic Cheetah?

I seriously seriously want to spend money in this game, but I cant until we get something really necessary to the game to cover the tonnage holes or that feels actually fresh. How many 30-35t clan mechs are out there already? 5? 6? I lost the damn count.
(And still ignoring that you screwed up and throw in the Urbie-IIC model with the IS Urbie Collector's pack and now try to avoid the topic so we'll most likely never see an actual Urbie IIC in-game, but I've already given up on that)

People want the Argus, Crusader... The lore has already been "tweaked" before to make up for a certain mechanic, of course it's possible to introduce IS omnimechs without them being ****, like not allowing to change engine size but changing the type (From XL to ligth or STD but the 300 number is fixed or viceversa, stuck with XL but you can change it's power)

Something that feels fresh, not this thing, that will be fun for a week and then banish from the battlefield since it will be but a new gimnick that lasts for a week, like many others before. I've yet to see another Cougar or a Black Lanner in a match again since the day they were introduced.

I'll be back on the forums next month I guess, just to be again dissapointed with another poor mech decission...
But hey! Nostalgia! Wooho!

#82 Damnedtroll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 676 posts
  • LocationFrog land of Quebec

Posted 02 June 2018 - 02:20 PM

My favorite mw2 Ghostbear legacy battlemech !!!! You got me in full nostalgia here !

#83 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 02 June 2018 - 02:38 PM

View PostDamnedtroll, on 02 June 2018 - 02:20 PM, said:

My favorite mw2 Ghostbear legacy battlemech !!!! You got me in full nostalgia here !

I don't really remember it in GBL, I prettymuch piloted a Nova for MW2 and GBL.

#84 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 02 June 2018 - 02:45 PM

View PostAlvar Von Kenesthor, on 02 June 2018 - 01:43 PM, said:

Oh, great. And with this pseudo-Artic Cheetah the clan lights spectrum will be covered for another year, let alone the 30-35t category.
Seriously, what's the point of these last mechs? A worse Locust? A worse Assassin/Cicada? And now a worse Artic Cheetah?

I seriously seriously want to spend money in this game, but I cant until we get something really necessary to the game to cover the tonnage holes or that feels actually fresh. How many 30-35t clan mechs are out there already? 5? 6? I lost the damn count.
(And still ignoring that you screwed up and throw in the Urbie-IIC model with the IS Urbie Collector's pack and now try to avoid the topic so we'll most likely never see an actual Urbie IIC in-game, but I've already given up on that)

People want the Argus, Crusader... The lore has already been "tweaked" before to make up for a certain mechanic, of course it's possible to introduce IS omnimechs without them being ****, like not allowing to change engine size but changing the type (From XL to ligth or STD but the 300 number is fixed or viceversa, stuck with XL but you can change it's power)

Something that feels fresh, not this thing, that will be fun for a week and then banish from the battlefield since it will be but a new gimnick that lasts for a week, like many others before. I've yet to see another Cougar or a Black Lanner in a match again since the day they were introduced.

I'll be back on the forums next month I guess, just to be again dissapointed with another poor mech decission...

It's not worse, its different. It can be faster, much much faster than the ACH so that means if you want something a little tankier than a Pirahna but just as fast you have that option.

Look, I'm dying for some Urbie IIc action, I feel ya, but this is more diverse than you are giving it credit for.

#85 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 02 June 2018 - 03:20 PM

add to that that if we get IS Omnis, they're likely gonna be in a four-pack, just to get a good spread of chassis and OmniPod, kinda like how the IICs were introed.

until we actually get confirmation of IS omnis showing up in the game, a lot of well known late Clan Invasion/Civil War-Era mechs aren't gonna show up (Sunder, Avatar, Hauptmann, Templar, Owens, to name a few)

#86 donkey crevice

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 32 posts
  • LocationRedding Ca

Posted 02 June 2018 - 03:21 PM

View PostAlvar Von Kenesthor, on 02 June 2018 - 01:43 PM, said:

I see cougars quite often... (black lanners less so admittedly)

#87 Ralph Edwards

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sovereign
  • The Sovereign
  • 175 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 03:54 PM

View Postdonkey crevice, on 02 June 2018 - 03:21 PM, said:

I see cougars quite often... (black lanners less so admittedly)

Cougars are available for chills whereas lanners are not even but with mc yet.

Edited by Ralph Edwards, 02 June 2018 - 03:55 PM.

#88 Jubblator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 183 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 09:01 PM

New mechs is fun and all and recently they all look pretty well done! BUT...when are we gonna get more 60 tonners? All other tonnages have more mechs then i care to remember but 60 tons is pretty bare choice wise (not to mention it has even fewer playable mechs).

Please consider doing those 60 tonners again ^^

P.S. Where is the Rainbow decal you promised?

#89 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 02 June 2018 - 10:49 PM

View PostJubblator, on 02 June 2018 - 09:01 PM, said:

New mechs is fun and all and recently they all look pretty well done! BUT...when are we gonna get more 60 tonners? All other tonnages have more mechs then i care to remember but 60 tons is pretty bare choice wise (not to mention it has even fewer playable mechs).

P.S. Where is the Rainbow decal you promised?

I agree that they should add the Charger next, it is a Quickdraw with a huge Ballistic and no JJs. It is very fun in MegaMek.

Edited by Ed Steele, 02 June 2018 - 10:50 PM.

#90 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 12:39 AM

View PostJubblator, on 02 June 2018 - 09:01 PM, said:

Like the Hellfire? Posted Image

#91 Boris the Bulletdodger

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 02:30 AM

We are reaching the point where, at least i, will be terrified to play anything except some well equipped ,fast,agile,hard hitting mediums. Heavies and Assaults are a BIG NO NO right now and i expect them to become even worse.

#92 leony

• PipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 64 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 03 June 2018 - 02:47 AM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 03 June 2018 - 12:39 AM, said:

Like the Hellfire? Posted Image

Like the Argus!

#93 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 03 June 2018 - 03:48 AM

View PostBrakkar, on 02 June 2018 - 11:31 AM, said:

This mech brings nothing new to the battlefield.
It is basically an eye candy.
And this text, From the shadows, what does it refer to?
Is it an irony to the fact that none of the variants are ecm capable?

My money stay in the wallet, wallet deep in my pocket.
PGI, you really suck at choosing which mech to go for next.
I am greatly disappointed.

it's "From the Shadows" because the Incubus is an Unseen. guess the lawsuit with Harmony Gold went well. of course, Harmony Gold loses the right to even do that in March of 2021 when they lose the sole rights to distribute Macross stuff.

#94 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 04:28 AM

View Postleony, on 03 June 2018 - 02:47 AM, said:

Like the Argus!

Or the Anvil, Black Hawk-KU, Galahad & Lancelot

#95 Lolhotep

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 04:41 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 02 June 2018 - 12:36 PM, said:

I am not going to waste my time calculating all the damage for every weapon, but if you were to, you would find that the IS weapons are overwhelmingly more efficient in almost every way aside from one or two weapons. I play both Clan and IS and IS Mechs run cooler and can absorb far more damage than Clan Mechs.

yes shure, but when was the last time you tried putting high mounted ppc's on a IS mech, yes some of them have high mounts, like grasshopper, enforcer one and the banshee... oh the banshee ... ppc's are pushed down when there are lasers used every time, so to get (up to)3 high mounted ppc's you need to stuff 12 tonns and 8 critical slots for 4 light ppc'sbefore you can even use the high mounts. no wonder you don't see ppc's on those kind of mechs because PGI decided that IS decks out their mechs bottom up with big guns allays pushed down and Clans Top down with most weapons allays head level.

and the heat? yes IS mechs run hot slower but at some point you're hot and then clans have WAY more dissipation especially on energy based mechs IS can't put DHs in legs and torso endo and ferro take double the room so you go with one of those but that limits the amount of heatsinks even more. I have seen how fast a ebon jaguar cools down compared to my grasshopper and thats with twice the firepower at least

#96 Der BruzZzler von Wiesndoof

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationAm Grill

Posted 03 June 2018 - 04:55 AM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 03 June 2018 - 04:28 AM, said:

Or the Champion! Posted Image
Probably not the best choice, but something new in terms of design!

#97 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 04:58 AM

View PostLolhotep, on 03 June 2018 - 04:41 AM, said:

yes shure, but when was the last time you tried putting high mounted ppc's on a IS mech

Blackjack, Phoenix Hawk, Enforcer, Uziel, Shadow Hawk, Rifleman, Jagermech, Roughneck, Thunderbolt, Grasshopper, Black Knight, Thanatos, BattleMaster & Fafnir all spring to mind.

#98 Boris the Bulletdodger

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 05:49 AM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 03 June 2018 - 04:58 AM, said:

Blackjack, Phoenix Hawk, Enforcer, Uziel, Shadow Hawk, Rifleman, Jagermech, Roughneck, Thunderbolt, Grasshopper, Black Knight, Thanatos, BattleMaster & Fafnir all spring to mind.

Black Knight....? Are you sure about that one?

#99 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 05:55 AM

View PostBoris the Bulletdodger, on 03 June 2018 - 05:49 AM, said:

Black Knight....? Are you sure about that one?

Yep, BL-7-KNT, high 3rd RT slot

#100 MrKvola

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 329 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 02:21 PM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 03 June 2018 - 05:55 AM, said:

Yep, BL-7-KNT, high 3rd RT slot

I'd say that a single slot does not qualify the chassis for "high mounted PPCs" (note the plural there).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users