6 replies to this topic

#1 JediPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,087 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 06 June 2018 - 03:44 PM

That last patch has light pilots who liked the Jenner still mad. so I made a video showing some differences in armor between the locuts to their equivalent jenner. In some cases saying locusts have more armor than the jenner is proven true. It comes down to skill tree survival nodes and if the locust has any armor quirks. I wanted to try and make the lolcuts match the jenner weapon build wise if I could but it didn't happen as closely as i'd have like. The two closest chassi are the lct-1e and j7r-f in terms of weapon count and placement.

The video is over two gigs and has two matches of both those mechs with the same 6 ml load out. Despite my poor piloting at the time it's hard to compare the two matches and see which mech actual lost an arm(s) and which mech had the arm(s) last longer.

i'm all for getting the old armor values back on the jenner and even more in favor of greater armor values. Pgi logic dictates a 20 ton mech will have more armor than a 35 ton mech because reasons.

https://youtu.be/n4Wvd3tyQUs

#2 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 03:52 PM

Holy hell that back armor...

#3 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 04:56 PM

You know they are just going to nerf the Locust, right?

#4 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 05:24 PM

I don't get it. Jenner has 100 CT health and 80 side torso health while Locust has 40 CT health and 36 side torso health. Jenner definitely seems to be the more durable option. Also the Jenner has 39 arm health while the Locust has 23. Locust gets a bit better boosts in the skill tree but not enough to even get close to the Jenner.

Also why would lights be aiming for arms in the first place? You could try removing an arm of the Locust for 23 damage then have to remove another or you just do 13 more damage and break a side torso and kill the thing then and there. Especially with the side torsos being much bigger targets than the arms on both of the mechs.

Also from a technical standpoint your video's description is wrong
"A recent nerf to jenners, a 35 ton mech, reduced their arm armor to 14 points. Since all jenners have arm mounted weapons it was a huge nerf in survival. By contrast Locusts, at 20 tons, have more armor depending on skill tree points and individual mech quirks. Many people hate the nerf for obvious reasons."

The survival of the mech itself increased somewhat significantly, though it comes at the cost of potentially losing your weapons before dying.

EDIT: was basing jenner HP off the Oxide rather than normal ones, which just puts the jenner arm at same durability as locust arm up until skill tree gives a slightly higher boost to locusts.

EDIT2: watching the footage of you in the Jenner, it really does seem that this change was a significant buff to Jenners. Note that your side torsos were both opened up before one of your arms fell off. If the armor had not been shifted then you would have been dead far sooner. Also it hurt to watch you go for the arm on that Dire Wolf rather than that juicy side torso with a clear shot on the rear.

Basically just please stop aiming for arms and shoot the side torsos off like everyone else, its way more efficient.

Edited by Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood, 06 June 2018 - 05:33 PM.

#5 Vanguard836

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,101 posts
  • LocationOttawa, ON

Posted 06 June 2018 - 05:32 PM

View PostChampion of Khorne Lord of Blood, on 06 June 2018 - 05:24 PM, said:

I don't get it. Jenner has 100 CT health and 80 side torso health while Locust has 40 CT health and 36 side torso health. Jenner definitely seems to be the more durable option. Also the Jenner has 39 arm health while the Locust has 23. Locust gets a bit better boosts in the skill tree but not enough to even get close to the Jenner.

Also why would lights be aiming for arms in the first place? You could try removing an arm of the Locust for 23 damage then have to remove another or you just do 13 more damage and break a side torso and kill the thing then and there. Especially with the side torsos being much bigger targets than the arms on both of the mechs.

Also from a technical standpoint your video's description is wrong
"A recent nerf to jenners, a 35 ton mech, reduced their arm armor to 14 points. Since all jenners have arm mounted weapons it was a huge nerf in survival. By contrast Locusts, at 20 tons, have more armor depending on skill tree points and individual mech quirks. Many people hate the nerf for obvious reasons."

The survival of the mech itself increased somewhat significantly, though it comes at the cost of potentially losing your weapons before dying.

EDIT: was basing jenner HP off the Oxide rather than normal ones, which just puts the jenner arm at same durability as locust arm up until skill tree gives a slightly higher boost to locusts.

After playing many matches in them, it's more than likely for the IIC that you will lose your arms due to anything. The thing is a CT bullet magnet, the legs will break quickly due to lack of survival quirks...and yes I'm running full survival tree on them. The jenners are much larger and easier to hit than the locust. The IS jenner isn't as bad but it's not very survivable compared to the other 35 ton options.

#6 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 05:33 PM

Streaks will now disarm Jenners as readily as Locusts. Jenners don't really need that, and frankly neither do Locusts.

#7 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,087 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 06 June 2018 - 06:55 PM

View PostChampion of Khorne Lord of Blood, on 06 June 2018 - 05:24 PM, said:

EDIT2: watching the footage of you in the Jenner, it really does seem that this change was a significant buff to Jenners. Note that your side torsos were both opened up before one of your arms fell off. If the armor had not been shifted then you would have been dead far sooner. Also it hurt to watch you go for the arm on that Dire Wolf rather than that juicy side torso with a clear shot on the rear.

Basically just please stop aiming for arms and shoot the side torsos off like everyone else, its way more efficient.

I'll have to change it some time. Going off the basic jenner is what I did. As for the dire what you suggest is what I was going for. However with the recording software and the age of my pc my end of things wasn't as good as it should have been. i did notice a lt of those shots were hitting arm when I really wanted the st/rear. Normally when the st are open on the jenner i'd expect the st and xl to blow the next shot.

As for Greene i'd expect pgi to gimp locust again with another nerf of some kind. Hell every patch now I look for direct and indirect nerfs to all IS lights.Only the size and speed atm saved the bug and makes it worth playing. Clans have their one light mech to rule them all and it's not named after a fish. After mwo wc I'd expect a lot of new nerfs to all lights. Enjoy the wolves and locusts while you can.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users