#61 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,185 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 08 June 2018 - 03:25 PM

View PostEisenhorne, on 08 June 2018 - 07:52 AM, said:

And that is a terrible thing. If they cannot migrate the Banshee to the new style of art without removing one of it's few advantages (5 high energy hardpoints), then they should leave it alone and leave it with the old art style.

the irony there? it still HAS five high energies that're clustered together. people are just whining for the same reason Poptarts whined about the Gauss/PPC ghost heat. the fact that you actually have to have face time. those hardpoints are still tight-enough clustered on that RT that they'd focus through a single armor section. the only disadvantage there is you're exposing maybe 10% more of the mech to do so? plus with the new setup, it's actually better for poking around corners on City maps.

View Postburns, on 08 June 2018 - 02:49 PM, said:

Was it 6 years already?

Took people long enough to stop buying multiple mech chassis for ease of build management :E

I honestly just picked the variants I wanted to try and rebuilt them every so often. course, i've never cared about "following the Quirk crowd" and just used the weapons I like.

#62 testocoles

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 03:26 PM

HEY!! WTF?!

YOU SAID THERE WERE GOING TO BE 10 MECHS FOR 20$!!
THE LINK WAS SUPPOSED TO BE PUT UP TODAY!!

IS THIS SOME KIND OF BAIT AND SWITCH?!

https://mwomercs.com...-mc-promo-sales

#63 PocketYoda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 08 June 2018 - 03:49 PM

When you retrofit missile boats remove the bay doors completely and make the bays10% stronger..

#64 Brain Cancer

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 11:35 PM

View Postslide, on 07 June 2018 - 03:48 PM, said:

And not 1 **** was given to faction play.

Not wasting my time anymore.

That would be because frankly, faction play is a failure unlike anything else in MWO. It managed to take what was initially a wide spread of factions and force it into "Clan vs IS", with the most important players being the merc units who have no reason to be loyal to any of them once the rankup rewards are done.

The only thing I'd give it now is a shotgun blast between the eyes to put the poor thing out of it's misery.

#65 Pihoqahiak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 359 posts
  • LocationU.S.A., West Coast

Posted 09 June 2018 - 01:18 AM

View PostBrain Cancer, on 08 June 2018 - 11:35 PM, said:

That would be because frankly, faction play is a failure unlike anything else in MWO. It managed to take what was initially a wide spread of factions and force it into "Clan vs IS", with the most important players being the merc units who have no reason to be loyal to any of them once the rankup rewards are done.
The only thing I'd give it now is a shotgun blast between the eyes to put the poor thing out of it's misery.

The failure of Faction Play is really the failure of MW:O development overall, it was the entire point (and vision) of PGI making a Mechwarrior game in the first place, and for good reason. Quick Play will not sustain the player base in viable numbers for much longer at all, and Solaris even less so. Trying to leverage an Esport aspect to the game has shown to be falling short as well with less participation and prize support every year. On top of all that, PGI's own product will be pulling people away from MW:O relatively soon if MW:5 is anything more than dismal. Battletech from Harebrained Schemes has already pulled a noticeable amount of players away from MW:O, which isn't going to be short lived. With the Harebrained Schemes/Paradox merger, you can be confident there with be a sizable amount of content released for Battletech and at an already proven faster pace than MW:O (or MW:5). If ever PGI needed an engaging, persistent Faction Play, it is now.

#66 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,185 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 09 June 2018 - 09:24 AM

@Piho: thing is though, the Roadmap is showing what they know they can feasibly get out in the three months. And they've learned from experience due to.. shall we say, "certain people who shall remain nameless" to not actually mention stuff until they've got it well in hand. Faction Play'll get some love, prob is we still have the forum guys who think PGI's still got the IGP chokechain they had starting out.

#67 Falconer Cyrus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 168 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 09 June 2018 - 10:03 AM

Do code optimization.
I have quite a modern computer (i7-6800K; Radeon RX 580) and a mouse cursor sometimes suffers slowed movement on the main screen (sorry, I am not sure how to say it in english correctly).

#68 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 09 June 2018 - 04:24 PM

View PostFalconer Cyrus, on 09 June 2018 - 10:03 AM, said:

Do code optimization.

1000x this!

For a 5 years old game, this runs poorly.

#69 AlphaPiAlpha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 136 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 09 June 2018 - 09:28 PM

"after we release Solaris, then we're going to focus on faction play"

Empty words by an empty man and a soon empty game...
Massive multiplayer... with a too strong focus on Solaris (1vs1, 2vs2) as even game was renamed to it.

RIP MWO!
FP is for units, units are what people want in massive multiplayer games...

#70 Doomich

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 68 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 10 June 2018 - 12:45 AM

View PostPihoqahiak, on 09 June 2018 - 01:18 AM, said:

The failure of Faction Play is really the failure of MW:O development overall, it was the entire point (and vision) of PGI making a Mechwarrior game in the first place, and for good reason. Quick Play will not sustain the player base in viable numbers for much longer at all, and Solaris even less so. Trying to leverage an Esport aspect to the game has shown to be falling short as well with less participation and prize support every year. On top of all that, PGI's own product will be pulling people away from MW:O relatively soon if MW:5 is anything more than dismal. Battletech from Harebrained Schemes has already pulled a noticeable amount of players away from MW:O, which isn't going to be short lived. With the Harebrained Schemes/Paradox merger, you can be confident there with be a sizable amount of content released for Battletech and at an already proven faster pace than MW:O (or MW:5). If ever PGI needed an engaging, persistent Faction Play, it is now.

True.
And who even decided to let MWO in the eSport?
Why am I laughing in pain when I hear MWO and eSport together? Posted Image
It was another terrible decision, because instead of spending money on developing the quality of the game and advertising (after that you will reach eSport "for free"), you are trying to build a WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP of a dead horse.
No one cares about your championship, if you have an uninteresting game.

Look at any other eSport games - they all have a large player base, and the gameplay that keeps them all in the game.
And what do we have? Posted Image
Horrible fps, ugly damage decals, deleted IK, UI and the immersion feeling looks like in a browser game.
And balance in the style of "DESTROY THE ENEMY CT IN ONE SECOND" (um, you know - laser vomit, ultra AC burst and gauss pew-pew)
And most importantly - DEAD FP
Without this, there's nothing to do in this game! Because QP is a swamp (the same maps and players without any random element)

Can't tolerate people who make mistakes again and again, especially those who also manage large projects.Posted Image
IMO

#71 AlphaPiAlpha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 136 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 10 June 2018 - 01:48 AM

View PostDoomich, on 10 June 2018 - 12:45 AM, said:

True.
And who even decided to let MWO in the eSport?
Why am I laughing in pain when I hear MWO and eSport together? Posted Image
It was another terrible decision, because instead of spending money on developing the quality of the game and advertising (after that you will reach eSport "for free"), you are trying to build a WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP of a dead horse.
No one cares about your championship, if you have an uninteresting game.

Look at any other eSport games - they all have a large player base, and the gameplay that keeps them all in the game.
And what do we have? Posted Image
Horrible fps, ugly damage decals, deleted IK, UI and the immersion feeling looks like in a browser game.
And balance in the style of "DESTROY THE ENEMY CT IN ONE SECOND" (um, you know - laser vomit, ultra AC burst and gauss pew-pew)
And most importantly - DEAD FP
Without this, there's nothing to do in this game! Because QP is a swamp (the same maps and players without any random element)

Can't tolerate people who make mistakes again and again, especially those who also manage large projects.Posted Image
IMO

The post above with the quote sums it up perfectly!
Russ... you failed all of us!

Edited by Gartenlaube, 10 June 2018 - 01:49 AM.

#72 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 10 June 2018 - 05:57 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 07 June 2018 - 11:10 AM, said:

New Feature: Build Profile Saving and Sharing
  • You will be able to save and load 'Mech loadouts and Skill Tree builds with ease with this new feature!
  • You can export your favorite 'Mech loadout and Skill Tree builds to share with other fellow MechWarriors or even choose to import other MechWarriors' builds for your own use.
  • Sharing build codes has been made much easier as well with a small update to the Floating Chat system.

Question: Are we going to be able to copy a favorite skilltree from one of our owned and skilled Mechs and "equip" it on a new buyed mech as example? Of course with paying XP and cbills for all 91 noodes.That would be awesome and save a lots of clicks

can we have plz plz plz plz ???

Edited by Mighty Spike, 10 June 2018 - 05:59 AM.

#73 NimoStar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 216 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 12:24 AM

As I said before.

Faction play needs unique rewards according to the chosen faction (specific Clan or Great House), it can't be "only fluff"

Actually, currently you have more reason to be a """loyalist""" switching sides because the first reward for faction play is an extra mechbay, and all other rewards are underwhelming compared to the sheer amnount of games. You don't really need that extra XP and C-bills, you can already get more for your time in Quickplay.

So get mechbay and change faction...
sounds more like a mercenary than a loyalist.

And as people havce stated, there is luittle reason to care about the galaxy map AT ALL, there are no persistent consequences, not even pride or seeing the world evolve because everything resets.

#74 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 04:18 AM

If the thing never reset the entire galaxy would have become clan mercstar a long time ago. That wouldn't have been very fun for the rest of you.

#75 The Lighthouse

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 04:28 AM

View PostBrain Cancer, on 08 June 2018 - 11:35 PM, said:

There are even less people playing Solaris than Faction Play. Like, not even close. And we are joking about FP being dead.

Solaris is the biggest failure we have ever witnessed for this game, and PGI decided to re-brand this game to Solaris, which is also not a good idea.

Ironically, the salvation may come if MW5 flops at this point.

#76 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 06:04 AM

Posted Image

the good
-profile saving & sharing – cool, thx Posted Image
-solaris events – that horse is dead, but thx for not beating it but trying to revive it. Honestly hope it works.
-Heatsinks & ammo. Nice I guess.

the meh
-was anybody asking for rubbelite/conquest to change the points? I honestly haven't EVER heard from anybody that they're a problem.Posted Image
-nice to see the refits and bolt-ons progressing.. I guess.

the ugly
what about faction warfare? You know.. that one mode that keeps A LOT of your longtime customers in the game? That one where people are more inclined to buy new mechpacks?
Other companies go out of their way to KEEP longtime customers – you otoh seem to do your best to get us out. There is something deeply wrong in that picture. Posted Image

Edited by Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, 11 June 2018 - 06:17 AM.

#77 Falconer Cyrus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 168 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 11 June 2018 - 12:05 PM

View PostTeenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, on 11 June 2018 - 06:04 AM, said:

Other companies go out of their way to KEEP longtime customers – you otoh seem to do your best to get us out.
This is true and this really causes perplexity to me *shrug*

#78 Brain Cancer

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 01:04 PM

View PostThe Lighthouse, on 11 June 2018 - 04:28 AM, said:

There are even less people playing Solaris than Faction Play. Like, not even close. And we are joking about FP being dead.

At the worst, Solaris takes half the players to as viable as FP, and that would be assuming all Solaris was 2v2 and all FP was scouting.

More realistically, Solaris is as functional as FP with 1/12 the player numbers.

View PostFalconer Cyrus, on 09 June 2018 - 10:03 AM, said:

Do code optimization.
I have quite a modern computer (i7-6800K; Radeon RX 580) and a mouse cursor sometimes suffers slowed movement on the main screen (sorry, I am not sure how to say it in english correctly).

This would require PGI actually understanding their own code, which if true would have meant a lot of fixed problems well before this point. They do not, nor is the engine properly documented so one might learn it. It's also a big reason why MW5 was essentially coded from scratch.

#79 Quintus Verus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 184 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:42 PM

Excited to see the new tournament format. It's closer to what I wanted to see to make it a true challenge. I wish Map banning would be removed also, but that would probably cause a firestorm.

#80 The_Dane

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 10:31 AM

View PostMetachanic, on 07 June 2018 - 02:14 PM, said:

Keen to see the new round of 3060 tech updates, but I sincerely hope they do not affect the Battlemaster in the same way as the Banshee. The Battlemaster is the thin red line giving IS a chance at the long-range trading game versus clans in Faction Play, and if its mounts wind up lower, it'll be a very tough spot with no real replacements available.

All. Of. This.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users