• 354 posts

Posted 16 March 2021 - 07:07 PM

Lol this necro was prophetic

#842 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,917 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 19 April 2021 - 04:01 PM

View PostTranderas, on 11 June 2018 - 01:01 PM, said:

You don't seem to understand that the reason clan has higher alpha and marginally higher dps is to compensate for the fact that IS has armor quirks. It's not raw DPS vs DPS- it's dps as a percentage of a mech's health, and alpha vs sustain, and ability to deal damage that is effective vs trivial damage.

Your initial assumption- that clans have higher damage per heat than IS so clan is imbalanced- is flawed on these grounds. Therefore, any conclusion you make from it is also inherently flawed.

You need to go back to the drawing board on this. And honestly, if you want to reduce the effect of high-alpha clan laser vomit and increase time to kill- both of which are goals you and Paul have put forth- the best place to start is giving us mobility back. The ability to twist torsos to spread damage among multiple components is a direct counter to the clan strategy.

Further: If you want clans to stop using laser vomit so much, you need to give them something to use as an alternative. The changes you've proposed in the past, and in this post, would make IS objectively better than clan. Instead of taking a nerf bat to everything that you deem too powerful- which, as established above, is an incorrect assumption to begin with- buff some other things. Give me a different weapon system that's just as good. Don't nerf lasers or gauss, buff UACs or ACs. Give me a series of mechs with SRM quirks. Give me AC quirks. Stop making me feel smaller and less powerful in this game about piloting massive, powerful robots.
Exactly the reason clans use laser vomit is becuase their other weapons are generally inferior to their lasers, for example IS uac5 fires one shell while clan fires 2-3 per shot? when you can get the same damage out of a small laser which is much lighter than a uac 5 not to mention has no chance of jamming it's very easy to see what people will pick, give clan mechs quirks for weapons besides energy especially on mechs with ballstic or missle hard points... or make clan UAC more viable or just as viable as say IS RACs. Why not give clan UAc a bar like the RAc that builds up as the pilot double fires and then when the bar is full it jams? it can be a smaller bar than a RAC ,but still it would make Uac's just as viable..

#843 Deathz Jester

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,107 posts
  • LocationOH, USA

Posted 18 May 2021 - 12:24 PM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 23 February 2021 - 10:38 AM, said:

Ohhh... an necro to propose energydraw? Good luck, i suggest you look that up before putting any more thoughts into that Posted Image

Jesus christ someone suggested ENERGY DRAW.........I still remember that disaster

#844 The Testiclops

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Compie
  • Compie
  • 252 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 28 June 2021 - 12:45 AM

The only input I can offer on this subject is based on piloting exclusively Shadow Cats. Before the laser buffs, running any combination of 2x large lasers was damn near unmanageable. Now my Shadow Cat shines as the recon sniper it was meant to be, with some ability to fend off close range depending on the mech that ran into me.

After Buff (Heavy use of JJ while maintaining good DPS)

2x ERLL + 7 HMG Heat management is my last thought in this build. (room for a nerf if absolutely needed)

2x HLL + 6 CMG Heat management is definitely a priority here, but still manageable if I don't get into a drawn out brawl.

2x LPL same as 2x HLL.

Before Buffs (Heavy use of JJ while maintaining good DPS)

2x ERLL + 7 HMG was somewhat manageable but very challenging, heat wise.

2x HLL + 6 CMG was next to impossible to manage, heat wise.

2x LPL was somewhere in between.

If you guys do decide to nerf clan lasers I hope you focus on the mechs that stack large amounts of lasers instead of mechs like the Shadow Cat. For me the Scat feels just right, and is now a viable mech to bring to a fight. it would be a pretty big hit to lose that feeling just because other mechs that are dedicated to high alpha laser damage are out performing. So please consider focusing on that instead of throwing a blanket nerf that would effect mechs that shouldn't be effected.

The reason I had quit MWO for a few years was how bad the Shadow Cat performed with LL's. It was just frustrating. Now don't get me wrong here, I'm not threatening to quit if you nerf the only mech I play. I'm just hoping you consider mechs that are now performing well enough to make things fun for the people that pilot them.

#845 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,616 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 17 August 2021 - 03:34 PM

... Do I need to sing to you people again?

Yeah; I need to sing:

Oh, once there was a topic,
back in the days of yore.
And it had died a clean death,
only three years before!

Necros, necros, necros,

what is wrong with your brains?
Necros necros, necros,
you drive us all insane!

This thread is quite familiar,
for since it petered out,
Each year again like clockwork,
a necropost pops out!

Necros, necros, necros,

is there some kind of club?
Necros, necros, necros,
what is it with you, bub?

But if you find these necros,
enough to make you scream -
At least they took a year off,
for SARS-Cov-2 ('19!)

Necros, necros, necros,
you need to read the room.
Necros, necros, necros -
some threads deserve their doom.

#846 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 17 August 2021 - 09:46 PM

Well, the song has been sung and the Gravedigger has been summoned.
Let's put this to rest finally.

Posted Image

If you feel this topic should be discussed in the current game environment, please open up a new topic about it.
Thread closed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users