#21 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 14 November 2018 - 05:42 PM

View PostGalaxie 500, on 13 November 2018 - 10:52 PM, said:

I've just returned to playing (mostly QP queue) after drifting away a year ago.

In just the week since I've been back, the MWO client is crashing on me frequently in both the Academy mode and in various Training Ground scenarios. Both when training grounds are accessed from the Home menu and when I go directly to them out of the Mech Lab (very cool and useful new ability to do that before deciding to save a mech configuration, unless that was there before and I missed it).

I will just be cruising around firing my weapons, blah blah, and I'll get a crash with no obvious reason why. I am not seeing my graphics card and driver crash -- there's been no lockup and not even a momentary screen blank like you would get when a driver panics and reloads. And my temperature graphs show I'm not overstressing my GPU or CPU. NVidia 970SC here with no extra overclocking, just the factory spec and good ventilation; 8-core Intel cpu, endless RAM, stable system other than this problem. Great quality wired broadband too with low latency.

snip

That you are crashing in the proving grounds and academy is bad, since the backend side isnt even running like it would in a normal game and very little info is being passed between client/server. It does not need to be heat related to cause a crash, instability, including bios setup where the bios is given control over when to Turbo boost that CPU (layman's term for temporary overclocking CPU), as well as other components such as memory.

Besides sending PGI info, also post your system specs and what programs have you ran to stress test your system. Also post game settings, including what AA is being used, if any.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users