211 replies to this topic

#181 Cypherdrene

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 96 posts
  • LocationCabo

Posted 19 June 2018 - 08:10 PM

Turning the BAS into a weaponized 90-ton bunny was the worst thing PGI has ever done to this mech. This isn't tabletop where hitboxes and geometry are non-existing. I get it, I really do, you have your own mech designers and I've already forgiven you for not making it look like this:
Posted Image

But to actually make it worse with those humongous "shoot me here" flags?... I just... can't even...

Edited by Cypherdrene, 19 June 2018 - 08:14 PM.

#182 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 19 June 2018 - 09:20 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 19 June 2018 - 07:15 PM, said:

Was it intentional or an ommision that the skill nodes for extra ammo, which previously gave +10% and +20% for 1 or both, are now just giving 10 or 20% based on what the ammo totals were BEFORE the patch ? Example...both extra missile rack nodes for LRMs...gave +36 missiles per ton... which was 20% of 180... and still just giving +36 missiles with these new 240 missiles/per ton ammo bins.

Well, it might've been originally intended to give +10% for each node, but the nodes always read f.e. +18 LRM.

#183 Blockpirat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 155 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationBavaria, Germany

Posted 19 June 2018 - 09:46 PM

View PostRhialto, on 19 June 2018 - 06:19 PM, said:

Hey why when you do retrofit you also play with colors and such? My Grid Iron looks nothing like before and other hunback were also modified more than just weapons retrofit. Have to adjust colors, decals, etc.

You're right. The colours have lost some of their vibrance:

Posted Image

#184 Trennbull

• PipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 10:03 PM

The Battlemaster's missile pods now look terrible! WHY??!!! Posted Image

#185 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 19 June 2018 - 10:30 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 13 June 2018 - 01:08 PM, said:

Posted Image
Build Profile Saving and Sharing
Have you always wanted to save or export a 'Mech's loadout or Skill Tree build to share other MechWarriors? Or import or load in a 'Mech's loadout or Skill Tree build from other MechWarriors? Well now it's possible with great ease!
In the MWO client, you will be able to Save/Load and Export/Import a 'Mech's loadout and Skill Tree build in the MechLab and Skill Tree. The difference between Save/Load and Import/Export is that Save/Load deal with files stored on your PC and Import/Export copies a hash string to your clipboard which you can use to share builds with other people in chat, the forums or anywhere you can paste text.

BUG: Loading saved Skill Trees and mech loadouts does not work if your username in Windows includes a non-ASCII symbol (for me that's Ł)

Edited by Horseman, 19 June 2018 - 10:30 PM.

#186 Steel Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 10:31 PM

I have to join the 'WTH!?' club regarding the Grid Iron's colors. It's really, really dull like a car with a bad wax job.

#187 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 10:56 PM

So CHANGE them then ? I rarely ever keep stock hero pattern colors.

#188 Blockpirat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 155 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 11:45 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 19 June 2018 - 10:56 PM, said:

So CHANGE them then ? I rarely ever keep stock hero pattern colors.

This isn't about the stock colours. Every colour you put on the Mech looks less saturated post-patch.

#189 Tank

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationSelling baguettes in K-Town

Posted 20 June 2018 - 12:08 AM

View PostBlockpirat, on 19 June 2018 - 09:46 PM, said:

You're right. The colours have lost some of their vibrance:

Posted Image

My colors look the same. Maybe it's Nvidia driver thing - they used to have less bright color gamma compare to AMD.

#190 Blockpirat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 155 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 12:15 AM

If it was a driver issue the background colours would have changed as well. Also, other Mechs are unaffected.

#191 admiralbenbow123

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 20 June 2018 - 01:37 AM

Why did you make the UAC-10's look extremely short on the jagermech? Now I can't see them from the cockpit and can't tell exactly where they are on my mech which makes peeking a bit harder. Moreover, they would look much cooler if they were larger and longer.

EDIT: I've also noticed a HUUUUGE increase in the loading time: it used to take 2-3 seconds to load anything before the patch and now it takes a minute or more. I also keep getting an "error 63" every time I save my mech's loadout.

Edited by admiralbenbow123, 20 June 2018 - 05:52 AM.

#192 Aleski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 873 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 20 June 2018 - 02:05 AM

There is a lot of bug on the texture of the hellslinger (battlemaster) and the new missile pods...

When i put a MRM 40, it goes up on the shoulder, when i put a MRM 30 it goes in the belly. Consistancy ? Other weapons are going up in the shoulder first. Like SMR6 or LRMs.

Plus the art if i put three MRM20 is bugged : you can see some fire art into the tube, wich is ugly.

Ho and by the way, the triple SMR2 - SSRM2 (stock loadout) is even much ugly than the previous version. I wasn't thinking that it was possible, but you nailed it !

All those weapons retrofit stinks the quick and bad work, PGI. And there is no consistancy, the Raven huggin is nearly perfect with the retrofit. Centurion are ugly now.

#193 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 20 June 2018 - 02:44 AM

So... As always PGI had to show their personal grudge towards people who do not like what they offer the first time around:
This is beyond sloppy... all it would have taken was a side by side check.... but NOPE!

Posted Image

From the patch notes:

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 13 June 2018 - 01:08 PM, said:

Blood Asp 'Mech
The following are the modifications made to the Blood Asp with respect to the physical model:
  • The proportions of the shoulder mounted weapons nacelles are much more accurate to that which is depicted in the concept art.

I don't think PGI knows the meaning of "much more accurate"

Edited by Navid A1, 20 June 2018 - 03:18 AM.

#194 Doomich

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 68 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 20 June 2018 - 02:59 AM

Just make some retrofits unique for every mech! (like Atlas missiles)
For example - old missile pods and gauss rifle for my Battlemaster! And AC20 for Hunchback!
Or in general - give people customization, let them choose!
This new retrofits looks like it's just the worst changes! Someone did it for food!

Eventually, im ready to buy out the Battlemaster model with previous retrofits Posted Image

Edited by Doomich, 20 June 2018 - 03:08 AM.

#195 P0607

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 03:07 AM

View PostNavid A1, on 20 June 2018 - 02:44 AM, said:

So... As always PGI had to show their personal grudge towards people who do not like what they offer the first time around:

Posted Image

And here is the concept art for your reference:

Posted Image

lol those look like a pair of river dams.

#196 G 4 R R E T

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 05:26 AM

View PostHorseman, on 19 June 2018 - 10:30 PM, said:

BUG: Loading saved Skill Trees and mech loadouts does not work if your username in Windows includes a non-ASCII symbol (for me that's Ł)

Have you tried saving/loading from outside you "users" folder? For example, create a C:\Mechs folder, give full access to your user account and use that one for the time being?

#197 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 20 June 2018 - 05:35 AM

View PostSteel Raven, on 19 June 2018 - 10:31 PM, said:

I have to join the 'WTH!?' club regarding the Grid Iron's colors. It's really, really dull like a car with a bad wax job.

I'm hearing the Founder Hunchback suddenly lost its' grime... coincidence, or was it accidentally reassociated with the GI?

#198 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 20 June 2018 - 05:45 AM

View PostAverage Sloth, on 20 June 2018 - 05:26 AM, said:

Have you tried saving/loading from outside you "users" folder? For example, create a C:\Mechs folder, give full access to your user account and use that one for the time being?

The fun thing is that saving works. Loading doesn't broken.
And while changing paths would work, the path isn't remembered by MWO - adding extra hoops to the save/load process.

#199 G 4 R R E T

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 05:50 AM

View PostHorseman, on 20 June 2018 - 05:45 AM, said:

The fun thing is that saving works. Loading doesn't broken.
And while changing paths would work, the path isn't remembered by MWO - adding extra hoops to the save/load process.

I never said it was a good solution ;-) But i do not think it will be fixed before the next patch, so it may work as somewhat of a workaround. Remebering the last used path would be a welcome addition too, now that you mention it

#200 Daemonara

• PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 92 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 20 June 2018 - 07:13 AM

View PostNavid A1, on 20 June 2018 - 02:44 AM, said:

This is beyond sloppy... all it would have taken was a side by side check.... but NOPE!

Posted Image

Owh you're completely right, I didn't notice just how thick the guns were on the uncoloured render. Posted Image
It sure would be amazing if they could be slimmed down a little but stay the length they currently have. Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users