MWO is good, but fps is suck in AMD

#162 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 09:26 AM

Fleas Please! :D

The servers are down, the update is happening... let the Fleapocalypse begin! :P

Now we need PGI to do: Wasp, Stinger, Crusader, Chameleon, and Merlin to have all the first mechs up to BT 2nd ed. :o

#163 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 19 June 2018 - 10:07 AM

The consumable Bug Error code 51 not fixed? typical but we need a propane tank bolt on...

#164 Jaspbo1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 232 posts
  • LocationWoah

Posted 19 June 2018 - 10:12 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 19 June 2018 - 03:35 AM, said:

Nice try with your 'Fear/Uncertainty/Doubt Tactic', Jaspbo1... but it failed. Anyone with a good brain in their skull can see right through your line of thinking. Posted Image

/snip

~Mr. D. V. "Just stopping by to wreck a narrow scope of thought about Missile Counters..." Devnull
(p.s.: Obliterati's post was only referenced in a split manner so they could easily pick up in the context of this conversation.)

Alrighty then. Seems my mental acrobatics have been ousted and everyone can see me as the true snake oil salesman that I am.

You know what counters all of those counters? Cover. That's why i said "poptarting" Sure you can be a landlubber with ATMs and it works but it's risky, but like you said ATM mechs can be outranged and you can be poked slowly but surely to your death if you're not familiar with how the game works. This is extended to any weapon with limited range of course so fair enough.

Underunning a 'mech is a given tactic to missile boats I should've placed it in the list but whatever, that can be remedied by thinking ahead by being with friendlies and making sure you're not too far forward and not too far back. Though it is possible to aggressively push in 'mechs like the Summoner with it's high armour, mobility and now paired with overwhelming firepower, though that's psyops and not a given at all times. Sure you'll get underrunned eventually but that's a risk one's gotta take in order to bring in tactical nukes.

Anomalies are sporadic and unexpected, yet as me and my unit have messed around with these things it's pretty easy to do well. Let's take my Summoner for example. 4xATM 6's and 1xATM 3. Each arm does 36 damage with a bit of spread. That means both arms do 72 damage. The ATM 3 is mostly for fluff or for testing against AMS. Still an extra 9 damage though.

72 damage, Devnull. Against a light 'mech or even some mediums that's gonna leave a nasty mark, and you'll only find out if they're ATMs as opposed to LRMs by your damage indicators, or if you're unfortunate enough to seem them coming, how low the arc is and how small the missile stream is. Oh yeah and then there's the HE missile skill which makes you decimate internal structure like a giant sized knife through molten metal.

Now if I want to be helpful about ATMs I'd just tell people to "Git gud", but really it's like any weapon system but provides bigger numbers and feels a bit less rewarding, though it's still a bit of a guilty pleasure.

Wait, now I'm confused since you've gone off track here a bit. What's your position on ATMs?

Oh and please God don't increase the armour again. I kinda like the TTK at this point. Though ATM TTK is a lot shorter than weapons comparable to it's weight.

Jas "Just absolutely confused by your school of thought towards the end there, buckaroo" bo1

#165 Teslacoil

• PipPipPip
  • Star Colonel
  • Star Colonel
  • 90 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 11:13 AM

Can't high mount MRM40 on Cyclops anymore. This makes me a sad panda. :(

#166 Xumtiil

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 11:33 AM

Uh, just wondering
There is no link to download the patch files yet, can you provide one please?
Thanks!

#167 Eisenhorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 19 June 2018 - 11:49 AM

View PostTeslacoil, on 19 June 2018 - 11:13 AM, said:

Can't high mount MRM40 on Cyclops anymore. This makes me a sad panda. Posted Image

Oh god, I can't wait to get home and see which of my favorite mechs have been mutilated for "aesthetic" reasons.

#168 Doomich

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 68 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 19 June 2018 - 11:52 AM

View PostDoomich, on 19 June 2018 - 11:43 AM, said:

PGI, you disfigured my favorite mech design..

There was only one mech that I liked so much for the way it looked with this E+M+B weapons loadout, and it was a damn nice feeling when I drive it:

Look at this:
before https://steamuserima...E38ACA07FCF149/
after https://steamuserima...4EE76EF788E63D/

before https://steamuserima...9CD8AD76E2281A/
after https://steamuserima...A32D065BE6C603/

See?..
It not only began to shine too much (I hate these shiny parts in this game), but it also looks terrible.

Why did the standard gauss rifle changed? The patch note says only about 3060 weapons, it means only light and heavy gauss, not standard.
It makes me laugh when I look at this toothpick and remember its previous model.
You can keep it for yourself.

And look at this refrigerator on his shoulder (MRM 30 of course). I think this is not big enoughPosted Image
Damn me, now it looks so stupid and I don't even want to touch it.

Give me an option to return the old look please!
don't pinch my eyes and don't deprive me of my precious!

Posted Image

#169 Sarsaparilla Kid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 664 posts
  • LocationGold Country

Posted 19 June 2018 - 11:52 AM

View PostEisenhorne, on 19 June 2018 - 11:49 AM, said:

Oh god, I can't wait to get home and see which of my favorite mechs have been mutilated for "aesthetic" reasons.

Yeah...I had just bought the 10-Q, and a better question is how did the Sleipnir fare?

#170 Mikayshen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 416 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 11:59 AM

The Blood Asp's new shoulders are way too big.

#171 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 12:26 PM

View PostEisenhorne, on 19 June 2018 - 11:49 AM, said:

View PostSarsaparilla Kid, on 19 June 2018 - 11:52 AM, said:

Yeah...I had just bought the 10-Q, and a better question is how did the Sleipnir fare?

BattleMaster seems unmolested, so that's nice.

Sleipnir looks unchanged, at least for the loadout I have.

#172 P0607

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 12:50 PM

I thought players even stripped missile ears on their clan mechs, making them look ugly. But let's give a battlemaster one, so everyone will just strip missiles from this chassis as well, bringing even more meta builds and less variety to the battlefield.

#173 thievingmagpi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 01:52 PM

isn't there supposed to be an update to the testing grounds? weren't we supposed to get free build testing? Am I misremembering? I that a later patch or am I making that up.???

#174 Xumtiil

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 01:59 PM

For those people who are still waiting for the patch link, it should be this one:
patcher.mwomercs.com/patch/Production/frontend/FrontendPatch_337.zip

#175 Ixidor Dinne

• PipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 36 posts
  • LocationPlanet Arkab, Buckminster Prefacture

Posted 19 June 2018 - 02:22 PM

Oh shoot!! Was so excited to scratch the flea itch, I forgot about the retrofits.......

#176 littlebulb1

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 03:38 PM

When will they make it so that under the enhancements bar, it only shows the increased ammo of weapons you have equipped? Does anybody else get peeved at all the 'quirks' it shows when you aren't using them, it's a small thing but still, should also be easy to do? Just me?

#177 Mechteric

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 19 June 2018 - 05:38 PM

I don't understand why heavy gauss ammo wasn't also increased by one

#178 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 19 June 2018 - 06:19 PM

Hey why when you do retrofit you also play with colors and such? My Grid Iron looks nothing like before and other hunback were also modified more than just weapons retrofit. Have to adjust colors, decals, etc.

#179 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 07:15 PM

Was it intentional or an ommision that the skill nodes for extra ammo, which previously gave +10% and +20% for 1 or both, are now just giving 10 or 20% based on what the ammo totals were BEFORE the patch ? Example...both extra missile rack nodes for LRMs...gave +36 missiles per ton... which was 20% of 180... and still just giving +36 missiles with these new 240 missiles/per ton ammo bins.

#180 Doomich

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 68 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 19 June 2018 - 07:57 PM

Roll back retrofits, and rework it very carefully.
You have not tested it. More than half of the retrofits update - bugs

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users