Can We Get The Wasp,stinger,valkyrie And Crusader Now?

73 replies to this topic

#41 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 02 July 2018 - 01:17 AM

How about NO.

Hauptman, Argus, Templar... :P

#42 Battlemaster56

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 02 July 2018 - 02:07 AM

View PostKoalaBrownie, on 02 July 2018 - 12:50 AM, said:

So when you say you want to see three things, you mean SEVEN things Posted Image
I don't think the Phoenix Hawk IIC would be that popular given that it kinda sucks. 80 ton mech with not many weapons.

You doubt the power of hp inflation and the mech will still be formidable on the field, and doesn't need much if it can do quad cac10's with no problem and near cockpit level with a good engine rating and jj's if you want to poptart.

#43 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 02 July 2018 - 02:14 AM

View PostRequiemking, on 28 June 2018 - 12:35 PM, said:

I would think the Chameleon would be better for that, seeing as it is literally a training mech.

The Chameleon hasn't gotten any love since Crescent Hawk's Inception. It would be nice to finally see it in a MechWarrior (or even the new BattleTech) title, even if it was just in the tutorial stage. Still, I'd rather have it in the game proper anyways.

As for the BattleTech classic designs, I suppose we will just have to wait and see what happens over the next several months.

#44 Lykaon

• 3,815 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 03:03 AM

View PostKoalaBrownie, on 29 June 2018 - 09:28 PM, said:

Custom designs will always win over canon, that's just a fact.

As a design, the Hollander's strength is not its damage output, it's the damage concentration. Very few light mechs have 15 armour on a location and many mechs will lose nearly any location in a single gauss hit while they could weather a PPC.

In this game that matters less, as evidenced by a game earlier tonight where I hit a commando rear CT with a Heavy Gauss and it didn't die.

I suppose my point was that conceptually the design is flawed because it has more weaknesses apparent in the design than strengths.

You have a 15 damage concentration that is heat neutral.But required a new chassis be developed to handle the massive recoil of the Gauss Rilfe. The Gauss and XL sharing a side torso would lead to a higher chance of battlefield losses in the Hollander design. The Hollander also requires ammunition logistics (since it is also devoid of any back up weapons) The Hollander is highly vulnerable to being engaged in close range skirmishes with enemy light mechs that can get under the gauss rilfes min. range.

I have to wonder who lit the greenlight for this death trap rather than slapping a pair of PPCs on a Firestarter.

if you really want to utilize a Gauss Rilfe then honestly refit a Saladin hover tank. Pull the AC20 for the Gauss rifle and you now have a cheaper and faster Gauss deployment platform.

Edited by Lykaon, 02 July 2018 - 03:07 AM.

#45 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,341 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 02 July 2018 - 03:17 AM

Guys, Guys...

I think we can all agree, we need the Mackie sooner than later.

The OG battlemech.

#46 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,087 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 02 July 2018 - 08:20 AM

I already have the hollander. All I did was fit guass on the rvn 4x or pnt 10p. None of the current mechs even come close to the wasp-stinger lams.Even though the spider has 12 jump jets it just needs a few arm energy hard points. Guess my seventy bucks will have to wait for a proper stinger lam mod for mw5.

#47 Agent1190

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 469 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 02 July 2018 - 08:36 AM

The lawsuit may be over, but we don't know the REAL outcome agreed upon by PGI and HG. It was a settlement, and for all we know, HG may have agreed to end the suit over the 'Mechs currently in the game provided PGI doesn't use any other Macross designs.

Remember, PGI didn't win, it was a tie, which means both sides got something.

#48 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 09:58 AM

View PostCMDR Sunset Shimmer, on 02 July 2018 - 03:17 AM, said:

Guys, Guys...

I think we can all agree, we need the Mackie sooner than later.

The OG battlemech.

I would literally **** bricks if they announced the mackie. The hero should definitely be called "Mack Daddy"

#49 KoalaBrownie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 11:31 AM

View PostLykaon, on 02 July 2018 - 03:03 AM, said:

I suppose my point was that conceptually the design is flawed because it has more weaknesses apparent in the design than strengths.

You have a 15 damage concentration that is heat neutral.But required a new chassis be developed to handle the massive recoil of the Gauss Rilfe. The Gauss and XL sharing a side torso would lead to a higher chance of battlefield losses in the Hollander design. The Hollander also requires ammunition logistics (since it is also devoid of any back up weapons) The Hollander is highly vulnerable to being engaged in close range skirmishes with enemy light mechs that can get under the gauss rilfes min. range.

I have to wonder who lit the greenlight for this death trap rather than slapping a pair of PPCs on a Firestarter.

The Hollander has a Standard Engine, not an XL.

How are you going to put 14 tons worth of PPCs on a mech that has 8 tons worth of weapons? 11 with the jump jets?
You're just gonna what, strip out the engine and slap in an XL engine that is twice the size or replace the entire skeleton of the mech with a bulkier endo steel frame and then you're gonna replace a 1 ton ML with a 7 ton PPC in the same arm.

Point is that customizing designs in Battletech often leads to pretty much an entire re-design. Many of the modifications that players use would require work in a factory and realistically should take months and months to perform. Compared to that is designing a chassis from the ground up worse? It will take longer but will end with a better result with a mech that is built to suit its function, rather than a mech that was cut apart to become something else.

#50 AncientRaig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 584 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 12:22 PM

View PostKoalaBrownie, on 02 July 2018 - 12:50 AM, said:

So when you say you want to see three things, you mean SEVEN things Posted Image
I don't think the Phoenix Hawk IIC would be that popular given that it kinda sucks. 80 ton mech with not many weapons.

I think a few of the missing Star League designs could be better suited as well- like the Champion, Exterminator, Flashman, Mercury or Mongoose, Hermes, etcetera

Silly me, thinking in terms of the old days of 4 mech mechpacks. The Pixie IIC would probably get hardpoint inflation like crazy. And since it's not an omni, the engine size can be reduced to make it more viable.

I'll wholeheartedly agree on the Flashman. I love that mech. Doesn't get enough love. Plus it would give the IS a 75 ton energy boat that actually has good hardpoint locations. It might not have better hitboxes than the Black Knight, but it definitely won't suffer from waist-level hardpoints. Hell, in general I'd love to see more SLDF and Succession Wars designs simply because it'll increase the variety of mechs available to us in MW5. I want to see a bunch of old mechs that never really got to shine before get a shot at the limelight.

#51 Brenden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts
  • LocationIS News Flash Breaking [:::]___[:::] News: at morning /(__)\ a patrol unit has (:)=\_ ¤_/=(:) seen the never /)(\ before witnessed [] . . [] strange designed /¥\ . /¥\ 'Mech

Posted 02 July 2018 - 12:23 PM

I demand a Chameleon, a Hermes II, a Clint, and the entire OST series.

#52 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,122 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 12:49 PM

I'd rather have the Argus.

#53 KoalaBrownie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 12:59 PM

View PostMechaBattler, on 02 July 2018 - 12:49 PM, said:

I'd rather have the Argus.

Guy sporting a capellan banner asking for a federat mech? treasonous.

Actually speaking frankly I think a good addition to the game would be the Lancelot. I don't know if the Inner Sphere has any 96kph 60 ton mechs, but this one would be one, and the mech has a good number of variants. One with jump jets. Couple with ballistic weapons. Some with STD, XL engines, could add a fair amount of variety.

Also think the design lends itself well to adaptation to the MWO aesthetic

#54 AncientRaig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 584 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 01:11 PM

View PostVellron2005, on 02 July 2018 - 01:17 AM, said:

How about NO.

Hauptman, Argus, Templar... Posted Image

IS Omnis.... Locked XL...... Probably with enormous ST hitboxes...... I too would like suicide machines.

#55 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 02 July 2018 - 02:08 PM

View PostBrenden, on 02 July 2018 - 12:23 PM, said:

I demand a Chameleon, a Hermes II, a Clint, and the entire OST series.

I'm not sure the Clint is a good idea, as it will lead to me screaming an obscenity about female genitals that I will bafflingly still find horrendously amusing even after all this time.

Edited by Bowelhacker, 02 July 2018 - 02:09 PM.

#56 Brenden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts
  • LocationIS News Flash Breaking [:::]___[:::] News: at morning /(__)\ a patrol unit has (:)=\_ ¤_/=(:) seen the never /)(\ before witnessed [] . . [] strange designed /¥\ . /¥\ 'Mech

Posted 02 July 2018 - 05:02 PM

View PostBowelhacker, on 02 July 2018 - 02:08 PM, said:

I'm not sure the Clint is a good idea, as it will lead to me screaming an obscenity about female genitals that I will bafflingly still find horrendously amusing even after all this time.

"Hey Baby, lemme Lurm your Clint."
-Bowelhacker

#57 jss78

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 02 July 2018 - 05:48 PM

Let's be real here, this game doesn't "need" any 'mech. The game is flooded with 'mechs. We had all essential play styles catered for probably a couple years back.

A Crusader would outsell just about anything, probably by an order of magnitude. $$$, now there's something people ALWAYS need.

IMO MWO5:M is a good reason to explore the classic 3025 roster. Stingers and Wasps would also make lore-correct AI cannon fodder.

#58 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 02 July 2018 - 06:23 PM

View PostBrenden, on 02 July 2018 - 05:02 PM, said:

"Hey Baby, lemme Lurm your Clint." -Bowelhacker

Essentially accurate.

#59 Jonathan8883

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 708 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 07:30 PM

I assume the announcement is late because they're putting together a "Revenant" pack.
Stinger, Wasp, Crusader, ___. Probably a 4-pack, not sure what the other would be.

#60 KoalaBrownie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 08:32 PM

View PostJonathan8883, on 02 July 2018 - 07:30 PM, said:

I assume the announcement is late because they're putting together a "Revenant" pack.
Stinger, Wasp, Crusader, ___. Probably a 4-pack, not sure what the other would be.

Marauder II if they want the big bucks

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users