Can We Get The Wasp,stinger,valkyrie And Crusader Now?

73 replies to this topic

#21 Battlemaster56

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 28 June 2018 - 05:55 PM

View PostS O L A I S, on 28 June 2018 - 05:21 PM, said:

That's not how to tell people what to do.

What you need to do is tell people that we need good mechs not bad novelty mechs.

Most people only care about personal pet mechs (examples Mad Cat Mk II, Urbie, and Incubus) that people rally or support, novelties like the reseen mechs. Not everyone in this game want uberkomf metamechs that's a small minority of players in this game that only want that.

Now CNN let's people have their own thoughts what they want released.

#22 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 28 June 2018 - 06:02 PM

Sense PGI seems to be banking on the gradual continued rollout method of new mechs I suspect we will see all the iconical ones and pretty much anything with two legs that appeared in MW2 (and its various iterations) up until they abandon MWO in favor of whatever comes after MW5.

#23 The Lighthouse

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 08:29 PM

View PostMechwarrior1441491, on 28 June 2018 - 05:48 PM, said:

You think there aren't designs just sitting in limbo and they only start working on a mech design when it's "time". Come on. That's not how artists work.

No, it is not just that. I am pretty sure Alex has tons of finished design papers inside of his house, but it is PGI's 3d modelers and their plan that are not flexible. Highly likely they are already working on some other projects and it is very unlikely they are going to change what they are working on. at the middle of the month.

I will be glad to be wrong though.

Edited by The Lighthouse, 28 June 2018 - 08:30 PM.

#24 S O L A I S

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 390 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 28 June 2018 - 08:51 PM

View PostBattlemaster56, on 28 June 2018 - 05:55 PM, said:

Most people only care about personal pet mechs (examples Mad Cat Mk II, Urbie, and Incubus) that people rally or support, novelties like the reseen mechs. Not everyone in this game want uberkomf metamechs that's a small minority of players in this game that only want that.

Now CNN let's people have their own thoughts what they want released.

Negative.

People whine when their mechs are garbage and we go deeper and deeper into the cycle of quirks and other balance snafus.

Decent mechs with good firepower and mounts is what is needed.

#25 KoalaBrownie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 09:07 PM

Does anyone care about the Valkyrie? Would rather have some Ostmechs or the Marauder II just because it's cool

#26 The Lighthouse

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 09:14 PM

View PostKoalaBrownie, on 28 June 2018 - 09:07 PM, said:

Does anyone care about the Valkyrie? Would rather have some Ostmechs or the Marauder II just because it's cool

Not many care (hehehehe), thus we need Hollander asap.

#27 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 09:16 PM

View PostThe Lighthouse, on 28 June 2018 - 09:14 PM, said:

Not many care (hehehehe), thus we need Hollander asap.

NOE.

Raptor.

#28 The Lighthouse

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 09:27 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 28 June 2018 - 09:16 PM, said:

NOE.

Raptor.

Raptor's chance of showing up on this game is probably far less than Hollander's since Flea came out. They are too similar, and Flea was almost never made it because of Locust.

#29 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,869 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 10:29 PM

View PostS O L A I S, on 28 June 2018 - 08:51 PM, said:

Negative.

People whine when their mechs are garbage and we go deeper and deeper into the cycle of quirks and other balance snafus.

Decent mechs with good firepower and mounts is what is needed.

Man I'm glad my uziels, nightstars, cougar got quirks when the small part of the moan and groan about.... wait.

If you want to get a idea what types of mechs the community want go check out Gas' mechpoll and tell me what top mechs are pure meta dickcheese and compare to nogstalgia mechs, espically on the IS side.

#30 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 11:20 PM

View PostThe Lighthouse, on 28 June 2018 - 09:27 PM, said:

Raptor's chance of showing up on this game is probably far less than Hollander's since Flea came out. They are too similar, and Flea was almost never made it because of Locust.

The Flea and Raptor are not at all similar other than that they are both chicken and both Lights. The Raptor has way more hardpoints than any IS Light in the game, is not that fast, has the option for JJs, and is an Omni.

The Hollander is a Firestarter H without JJs.

#31 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 29 June 2018 - 06:10 AM

View PostNovakaine, on 28 June 2018 - 12:55 PM, said:

Yes please gimme dat Crusader.
Posted Image

Stupid as it sounds, I could actually get excited for this game if a crusader comes along, that looks like this.

#32 Lykaon

• 3,815 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 08:37 PM

View PostThe Lighthouse, on 28 June 2018 - 01:02 PM, said:

I mean, instead of one of the most generic looking mechs like Crusader (which I will never understand why this mech is so popular), can we have Hollander already? It's a long overdue.

I never understood why anyone would want a Hollander. It's grade A garbage grade mech scrap.

It's a light mech with a top speed of 80ish KPH that bearly fit's an over sized weapon (gauss rifle) with insufficent ammo for MWo game play and NO secondary weapons.

So to make this work in MWo we would need to up the engine so it's not a sitting duck. Well this means it loses the defining weapon 'cause the gauss won't fit anymore.

Even if used stock we get a light mech with thin armor and insufficent speed mounting an explosive Gauss rifle in a side torso it shares with an I.S. XL engine.

Sounds like suicide to me.

I used to play table top B-tech against someone who was obsessed with Hollanders. until I pointed out that a 35 ton mech could instead pack 2 heat neutral PPCs with a 210XL,endo steel and capped armor.

Faster,no ammo limitations,no exploding guns,twice as many dice rolls to hit and higher damage cap.

Edited by Lykaon, 29 June 2018 - 08:38 PM.

#33 KoalaBrownie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 09:28 PM

View PostLykaon, on 29 June 2018 - 08:37 PM, said:

I used to play table top B-tech against someone who was obsessed with Hollanders. until I pointed out that a 35 ton mech could instead pack 2 heat neutral PPCs with a 210XL,endo steel and capped armor.

Faster,no ammo limitations,no exploding guns,twice as many dice rolls to hit and higher damage cap.

Custom designs will always win over canon, that's just a fact.

As a design, the Hollander's strength is not its damage output, it's the damage concentration. Very few light mechs have 15 armour on a location and many mechs will lose nearly any location in a single gauss hit while they could weather a PPC.

In this game that matters less, as evidenced by a game earlier tonight where I hit a commando rear CT with a Heavy Gauss and it didn't die.

Edited by KoalaBrownie, 29 June 2018 - 09:29 PM.

#34 Cronicus

• Pip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 09:53 PM

What we need now that the court case is settled in PGI's favor is one and only one mech that everyone screams for.

Give me my Warhammer IIC I don't think anyone in the community will not buy a Warhammer IIC pack honestly.

PGI you won now give the community the one mech that we are literally drooling for. GIVE US THE WARHAMMER IIC!!!!!!!!

#35 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 10:01 PM

I wouldn't buy a WHM-IIC.

I might buy a RFL-IIC, though.

#36 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,869 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 11:26 PM

I'll take Phawk IIC over the Whammy IIC personally, with the Griffin and Shadhawk IIC. After that and a few other reseen designs I'll be content for a while.

#37 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 01 July 2018 - 08:30 PM

View PostS O L A I S, on 28 June 2018 - 03:11 PM, said:

We have enough garbage mechs no one uses.

We have enough garbage forum posts that no one needs as well, yet on we plough.

All those lovely long lost designs could be something special, nostalgia aside, if they could give them all very specific and useful quirks. I'd get a Crusader, a Longbow, and a Valkyrie. Anything with "Ost" in its name can get buggered though.

#38 Black Ivan

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 09:47 PM

As much as I would like the Crusader, the game needs much more than just another replaceable Mech

#39 AncientRaig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 584 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 10:32 PM

I want to see three things. The Crusader, An Ostmech pack, and a "Reseen IIC" pack.

I want the Crusader because that thing is a good luck charm for me in CBT. It murders everything in its path, I love it. Yeah, yeah the Archer is basically just it but better, but the Archer has never had the same effect.

The Ostmechs are just unloved. Everyone drools over the typical Unseen, forgetting all about these poor guys. Lets get some art for them that doesn't look comical!

And the Reseen IIC is obvious. We all want our Warhammer IIC, Rifleman IIC, and Phoenix Hawk IIC. I don't need to say more.

I also wouldn't be adverse to a Wasp/Stinger/Valkyrie pack. I've never been much of a fan of the Valk on TT, it's way too slow, but we need some jumpy 20 tonners.

#40 KoalaBrownie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 12:50 AM

View PostAncientRaig, on 01 July 2018 - 10:32 PM, said:

I want to see three things. The Crusader, An Ostmech pack, and a "Reseen IIC" pack.

I want the Crusader because that thing is a good luck charm for me in CBT. It murders everything in its path, I love it. Yeah, yeah the Archer is basically just it but better, but the Archer has never had the same effect.

The Ostmechs are just unloved. Everyone drools over the typical Unseen, forgetting all about these poor guys. Lets get some art for them that doesn't look comical!

And the Reseen IIC is obvious. We all want our Warhammer IIC, Rifleman IIC, and Phoenix Hawk IIC. I don't need to say more.

I also wouldn't be adverse to a Wasp/Stinger/Valkyrie pack. I've never been much of a fan of the Valk on TT, it's way too slow, but we need some jumpy 20 tonners.

So when you say you want to see three things, you mean SEVEN things Posted Image
I don't think the Phoenix Hawk IIC would be that popular given that it kinda sucks. 80 ton mech with not many weapons.

I think a few of the missing Star League designs could be better suited as well- like the Champion, Exterminator, Flashman, Mercury or Mongoose, Hermes, etcetera

Edited by KoalaBrownie, 02 July 2018 - 12:52 AM.

29 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 29 guests, 0 anonymous users