Suiciding At Start

30 replies to this topic

#21 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 02 July 2018 - 11:10 PM

[Redacted]

Edited by draiocht, 03 July 2018 - 02:39 PM.
exploit/griefing reference

#22 Papaspud

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 636 posts
  • LocationIdaho, USA

Posted 02 July 2018 - 11:19 PM

When I get a map I dont like, its leroy jenkins time, sadly I still think I do as much damage as many people that are "trying"

#23 Obiwayne

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 114 posts
  • LocationGermany, Cologne

Posted 03 July 2018 - 02:18 AM

Yea MWO must have some of the most reXxXxXd players in gaming history. My theory is that there are a lot of kids who couldnt care less about positioning.
The light running through an open field right in the middle of the enemy team and calling for help is a classic.

Those kind of actions happen in more than 75% of all my matches and suck the fun out of the game.

Sadly, it reflects the diminishing player count. If there were enough I wouldnt even be playing with those people but due to the lack of people I got thrown in matches with T5 folks playing their first match in a trial mech.

#24 Aleski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 873 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 03 July 2018 - 02:51 AM

I have seen a Nova Cat yesterday with 6xLRM 15, he rushes to us while firing like crazy and died because overheating.

That was at the beginning of the fight. Very odd !

#25 Asym

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 05:58 AM

OK, has anyone seen someone you reported still playing the game???

I wonder, does reporting anyone do anything? We've had entire teams report players and those players are still playing (I keep the pilot names so that I remember who did what to whom.....getting old, memory stinks..)

Anyone know? Does reporting work?

#26 Haipyng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 593 posts
  • LocationIn Transit

Posted 03 July 2018 - 07:48 AM

View PostAsym, on 03 July 2018 - 05:58 AM, said:

OK, has anyone seen someone you reported still playing the game???

I wonder, does reporting anyone do anything? We've had entire teams report players and those players are still playing (I keep the pilot names so that I remember who did what to whom.....getting old, memory stinks..)

Anyone know? Does reporting work?

I had a friend a few years ago that was very upset about the way a game went and was egged on by people on VOIP while he without a mic typed everything out. Well, typed messages are logged, VOIP doesn't seem to be, so he got a warning about being a toxic player with a warning about future consequences.

I think PGI does pay attention to these things, but because of the volume, they don't really act on it unless they get a number of reports about a certain player's behavior. Even then it's an escalating level of consequence, like "no-no, don't do that" note, to a more stern slap on the wrist, to one day bans, to multiple day bans, etc.

So for most players a slip in decorum isn't pounced on brutally, it has to arise to repeated Troll level behavior to get a serious response.

#27 KoalaBrownie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 09:05 AM

[Redacted]

Edited by draiocht, 03 July 2018 - 03:28 PM.
exploit/griefing reference

#28 Tier5 Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 09:06 AM

I haven't previously seen it on Solaris City (or other maps for that matter)and I've played it quite a lot, but just yesterday I saw someone on enemy team to do it. Strange. It's clearly a new trend.

Edited by Teer Kerensky, 03 July 2018 - 09:06 AM.

#29 UnKnownPlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 266 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 12:43 PM

They clearly have cancer of the personality already, they are being punished enough, let them rot at the edge of the map.

#30 IllCaesar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 03:10 PM

View Post- World Eater -, on 02 July 2018 - 10:30 AM, said:

Saw an Annihilator an hour or two ago suicide immediately. Like, just walk off out of bounds.

I saw this a few times too. When youu tap the numberpad key to autowalk and discocnnect you just keep on walking. I presume that that's what is happening. Alternatively it could just be things on their end as well, as I occasionally forget to close some programs when I boot up MWO and end up charging headfirst into the enemy while I'm frantically tapping Ctrl-Alt-Delete to bring up the task manager so I can close the programs from earlier.

#31 draiocht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 03:30 PM

As noted in the Code of Conduct, it is forbidden to willfully or repeatedly self-destruct one’s ‘Mech, either by overheating, going out-of-bounds, or committing some other form of suicide or intending to cause abnormally early death.

Suspected in-game misconduct may be reported for game moderator investigation through the player context-menu on the scoreboard screen or by emailing moderation@mwomercs.com with any evidence and/or details available. Further information may be found in the PGI Support Articles: https://mwomercs.com...-for-misconduct

[mod]As this discussion is directing into worse griefing topics,
this thread has been closed.[/mod]

Edited by draiocht, 03 July 2018 - 03:43 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users