• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,725 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLondon

Posted 06 July 2018 - 12:11 AM

View PostBombast, on 06 July 2018 - 12:04 AM, said:

Clanners are basically one of the ultimate power fantasies. A clan warrior is a physically perfect, highly skilled, highly feared warrior who gets to do whatever s/he wants to do, gets to **** on anyone who dares get in there way, has 'honor,' and has lots, and I mean lots, of carefree, casual sex.

And then there's the whole furry thing.

I suppose I'm being a bit of an RP snob but as far as I'm concerned power fantasies are something you get in S&M clubs and the saddest parts of the internet not in good role-playing games, even with 'mature' players.

Also, while I've only read a few of the early 'clan' novels I was unaware of any 'furry thing'. Glad I didn't continue reading them. Shudder....

#22 MTier Slayed Up

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 717 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 12:20 AM

I wouldn't call you a snob...I'd just say that you're overtly petty when you judge others on what they do for fun?
It's sort of like judging others on preference. As much crap as I toss towards LRMs, if that's what you like to do, more power to you. If you like to role play while playing a game, cool beans. Hell, "Star Wars vs Star Trek! Which is better?", is trivial. Who cares at the end of the day? If it doesn't affect you in any negative way, why throw shade at it? Guess I'm just a minority on this.

That or I'm just crazy.Posted Image

#23 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 12:51 AM

View PostDogstar, on 06 July 2018 - 12:11 AM, said:

I suppose I'm being a bit of an RP snob but as far as I'm concerned power fantasies are something you get in S&M clubs and the saddest parts of the internet not in good role-playing games, even with 'mature' players.

I'd agree, honestly. I remember the last RP I tried to get into. Warhammer 40K group. I was a normal Valhallen Ex-Guardsman who couldn't go home because he was one of the last survivors of a Chaos incursion (Not through skill, just through sheer numbers - When you're throwing around hundreds of thousands of Guardsman, at least a few will survive through luck) and the Inquisition was a bit late to show up and turn everyone into servitors. Old equipment, a drinking problem, and a deep desire to find a way to at least die for the Emperor in a useful way.

Everyone else was Space Marines, super psykers, or big-breasted, gender-swapped Caiphus Cains. It got so bad that I rolled a second character - Dave the Rattling. Who was actually a Carnifax, cleverly disguised as a abhuman using a false mustache and hat. I argued, unsuccessfully, that if we had Space Marine's that lived during the Horus Heresy on our team, that a disguised tyranid wasn't that big of a deal.

Also, while I've only read a few of the early 'clan' novels I was unaware of any 'furry thing'. Glad I didn't continue reading them. Shudder....

The furry thing is mostly a joke concerning the Clan's obsession with animal motifs

Posted Image.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users