#22 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 06 July 2018 - 09:00 PM

View PostDGTLDaemon, on 06 July 2018 - 04:08 AM, said:

Out of curiosity: do you have your ER Large on chainfire, or are you just eating GH from 3xERLL?

Not with chainfiring.

Just alpha and eat the ghostheat. 3cERL isn't that much ghost heat vs extra exposure time.

I fire 3cERL all the time as cDHS boated is just insane.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 06 July 2018 - 09:01 PM.

#23 Yosharian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 05:15 PM

View PostDGTLDaemon, on 06 July 2018 - 04:08 AM, said:

Out of curiosity: do you have your ER Large on chainfire, or are you just eating GH from 3xERLL?

Yeah I chainfire the ERLL unless I have a lot of spare heat. This mech is an absolute beast.

#24 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 05:34 PM

View PostDGTLDaemon, on 05 July 2018 - 10:01 PM, said:

HBR with 2xHLL+4-6ERML+ECM+TC1 if you want max alpha for medium-to-long range poke, and don't mind the heat and the long burn time.
MAD-IIC with 2xLPL+6xMPL+TC1 if you want to melt faces at close-to-medium range with short burn time and decent sustainability.

Those are the builds I use Posted Image

This until you get better at positioning and map awarnes.. then ECM becomes a crutch and wasted tonnage.

#25 Alex Morgaine

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,044 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 07:29 PM

View PostJackal Noble, on 05 July 2018 - 10:58 AM, said:

1st step : Add all lasers, ecm when possible
2nd step : Generously hide behind your team. Always moving - important!!
3rd step : Shoot only at the enemy that is preoccupied with your team and not looking your way.
4th step : Get a high score and convince yourself that you are good at this game.

Rac2 x3 works just like this, wow :3

#26 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 11 July 2018 - 08:43 PM

Surely the greatest of all laser vomiters is the Nova with 14 energy hardpoints, stacked to the gills with those microlaser things...

#27 Ilfi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 08:52 PM

View PostBowelhacker, on 11 July 2018 - 08:43 PM, said:

Surely the greatest of all laser vomiters is the Nova with 14 energy hardpoints, stacked to the gills with those microlaser things...
There's more to life than the amount of Energy hardpoints you have. Nova has low armor, low free tonnage for DHS, and low-slung arms that make it very poor at any kind of meta-defining laser vomit. Best it can do is regular Small Lasers, which are hardly "meta".

Currently the only viable clan lasers are HLL and ML. After the nerfs expect people to switch to 3LL and a couple MLs, or LPLs if they're feeling cheeky. MPLs, SPLs, uPLs, SLs and uLs are not viable against heavily-quirked IS meta Mechs.

#28 Kubernetes

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 09:09 PM

View PostGrus, on 09 July 2018 - 05:34 PM, said:

This until you get better at positioning and map awarnes.. then ECM becomes a crutch and wasted tonnage.

Nah, ECM is always in style if you can mount it.

#29 Yosharian

• Bad Company
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 10:37 PM

View PostGrus, on 09 July 2018 - 05:34 PM, said:

Lol

#30 MTier Slayed Up

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 717 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 11:38 PM

View PostBoomStanK, on 05 July 2018 - 10:51 AM, said:

So I was wondering about laser vomit. I've never done it myself but now want to try. Taking quirks and hard points into account, what are the best clan and innersphere mechs of each weight class for laser vomit?

Personal opinion.

Innersphere:
Lights:
Just the Wolfhound. Machine gun meta is too stronk.

Mediums:
Blackjacks are still pretty good for it if you can slap on some JJ's or run 3 large lasers or even pulses.
Wubberine 5k: 3 LPL or if you got huge donkers like me, 4 LPL.
Hunchback 4p or 4h. Having everything in one torso that protrudes makes me hate this mech.
Mr.Krabbs

Heavies:
Any of the Black Knights, personal favorite of mine. Low hard points though, somewhat hard to use, not a first timer friendly.
Grasshopper (5h?): Torso twists like a champ, jump jets are great, tankier than it seems.
Pretty much most of the Warhammers.
Pulsebolt.
Bounty Hunter II (Marauder) is pretty good too.

Assaults:
BattleMaster 3M or 1G. I usually run a standard vomit or just throw 6 large lasers on it.
Stalker 4N or 3F. Both play relatively the same as the Battle Master. better at cresting hills imo. Better hit boxes.
Banshee 3M or 3S. I like the 3S more because I can run a heavy gauss on it with a laser vom.
Not a fan of the 100 tonners with the exception of the Fafnir.

Clan:
Lights:
None of them. You can try the 2 ERL Cheetah but it's glory days are long gone imo.

Mediums:
Novas
Stormcrows
Both are omni, you can make them work for you to fit whatever build you're after. I can't for the life of me make any of the mediums outside of these two work for me well.

Heavies:
Ebon Jags
Linebacker...Kind of
The METABRINGER!
Timber Wolf, even though this mech was nerfed into oblivion and back, it's still doable. Just has easily isolated components.

Assaults:
MadCat MK II 1 or Death Strike. You're going to have to rock Gauss though.
Blood Asp. Again, you're gonna have to rock Gauss, but you have ECM at least.
Never been a fan of Super Novas, but I've seen folks use them with relative success.
Executioner. Run the same build as a Hellbringer. MASC is pretty good for quick in and out trades. Not suited for beginners.

That's basically it. Not very detailed but play around with some of them and you'll get a feel for it.
Edit: Dont forget this, good tips from Jackal.

View PostJackal Noble, on 05 July 2018 - 10:58 AM, said:

1st step : Add all lasers, ecm when possible
2nd step : Use cover, don't trade against a firing line like a derp. Don't lead a charge with a laser vom because you're not a brawler.
3rd step : Always shoot CT or whatever component that is about to pop. XL checks are fun.
4th step : Use me as a meat shield. I don't know what I'm doing half the time.

Edit edit - I didn't realize this was a bumped thread. D:

Edited by DrtyDshSoap, 12 July 2018 - 12:10 AM.

#31 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 06:30 AM

View PostYosharian, on 11 July 2018 - 10:37 PM, said:

Lol

Lol all you want, I've dropped mine and I have space and tonnage for more hs and armor.. use cover, position correctly and poke when your target is distracted. ECM dosnt help you when they can't fire back and or can't see you.

#32 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 12 July 2018 - 08:45 AM

View PostGrus, on 12 July 2018 - 06:30 AM, said:

Lol all you want, I've dropped mine and I have space and tonnage for more hs and armor.. use cover, position correctly and poke when your target is distracted. ECM dosnt help you when they can't fire back and or can't see you.

Eh, its kinda funny in the yolo queue when you are a 90 ton Clan assault or 100 ton IS assault and you go practically ignored and get a bunch of free shots. I take it just because its part of the flavor of the mech that has the ability to run it, and I'm a sucker for that. Also why I almost never run a mech that can take JJs if it has the option, unless its an omni and I don't want to use a JJ omni-pod.

#33 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 12 July 2018 - 08:50 AM

You people dropping ECM on a clan mech are insane. It's a single ton.

If you get a map with low visibility (forest w/ fog, caustic at night or w/ fog) its absolutely worth that ton, because it's very hard to see clan mechs at 600+ meters when they have ECM in those conditions.

Aside from the obvious benefit of protecting fellow mechs against NARC's and LRM's. If a mech can have ECM, it should take ECM. Obviously comp play is different, but in FP and QP, yea.

#34 Kubernetes

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 12:15 PM

View PostEisenhorne, on 12 July 2018 - 08:50 AM, said:

You people dropping ECM on a clan mech are insane. It's a single ton.

If you get a map with low visibility (forest w/ fog, caustic at night or w/ fog) its absolutely worth that ton, because it's very hard to see clan mechs at 600+ meters when they have ECM in those conditions.

Exactly this. On maps with poor visibility I'm often shooting at the center of red squares. ECM can hamper this kind of blind targeting.

#35 Yosharian

• Bad Company
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 06:54 PM

View PostGrus, on 12 July 2018 - 06:30 AM, said:

Lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users