#41 MTier Slayed Up

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 717 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 02:35 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 16 July 2018 - 03:57 AM, said:

Oh the innocence...

I have NEVER had a W/L ratio over 1. My K/D is even worse. Yet I have been T1 for a very long time and the damn bar just won’t lose color no matter how bad or how long a losing streak I may have.

Trust me you can get to T1 running provocatively bad builds (I build for aesthetics more than anything), while being a provocatively bad player (drunk, arthritic, bad reflexes, kids in the room messing about, potato machine, rural internet, etc.)

At least i said i could be wrong. Im not infallible. Lol.

Gimme ranked que.

#42 darkeyed

Rookie

• Giant Helper
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 01:08 PM

thank you, everyone, for the advice.

#43 Throe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 01:15 PM

[deleted by user]

Edited by Throe, 09 November 2018 - 12:12 PM.

#44 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 18 July 2018 - 08:44 AM

Were you overheating and shutting down? That's the only other reason I can think they might be whining. For this setup, I think 3 weapons groups would be ideal.

#45 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 July 2018 - 10:36 AM

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 18 July 2018 - 08:44 AM, said:

Were you overheating and shutting down? That's the only other reason I can think they might be whining. For this setup, I think 3 weapons groups would be ideal.

@ darkeyed: This is probably the main reason you are experiencing the dead sea (loads of salt from spectators :D ). Just remember that there is probably a reason that they all died first (and I hope you were actively sharing armour with the team btw).

I always find it is a good thing to have one weapon group set up which you can use to cool down but still dish out at least a little damage (maybe put a 3rd group with only the Med lasers and set that to chain fire as a suggestion). To test my builds I usually load Terra Therma in the testing grounds (hottest map in MWO) and see just how much I can fire before I ned to use the cool down group and if and how long I need to cool down in total. If you can manage the heat of your build on the hottest map... playing on normal temp or cold maps is easy.

#46 darkeyed

Rookie

• Giant Helper
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 01:36 PM

actual throe I could link you to the twitch or try to find it but I didn't want to give names out and the people from match only thing that had been said to me was the split it up my laser doesn't fire them together I can find more than two buttons comment. if you really need the clip I can try to dig out the exact video again and see if I can find that exact match but my normal fighting range tends to be about around 450-350. I started this not because someone was super toxic to me in that match or in any match but because about every other games one person will comment saying in need to split up my laser grouping. so this thread was me asking hey should i actually listen to the people backseat piloting or should I just stick with what I was doing.

I'm sorry to everyone that thinks that I'm complaining about "salt" I am not the I tend to only get a single comment though said in an inflammatory way ie the I'm sure you can find more than two buttons part of there person telling me to split up my lasers.

Edited by darkeyed, 18 July 2018 - 01:49 PM.

#47 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 18 July 2018 - 03:33 PM

Your match numbers speak for themselves, we're just trying to understand why your teammates were so bothered by your apparent success. Posted Image

Edited by TheCaptainJZ, 18 July 2018 - 03:33 PM.

#48 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 03:44 PM

Some people like whinning
Even if u win the game
for them

#49 panikos

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 06:28 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 15 July 2018 - 09:01 PM, said:

I do sometimes knowing they have to be in at LEAST Tier 3 to be in games I am, and they have 150 average match score and a 0.7 KDR.

Then I just sigh/laugh/wonder all at once.

not true
as a random rank 5 noob often enough i got streamers and all of them are rank 1
I consistently sync droped with rank 3 rsdivine and when i stoped i still got his rank 1 buddy.
one time i was in a rank 2 team plus a rank 3 vs rank 1
the weirdest team i was in had rank 1s and 5s and no 2-4, at least in chat

also i only track kills and dmg but in rank 5 a winstreak with multiple kills and 400-600dmg per game got me minimal progress whereas mostly losses no kills and 50-100dmg per game shot up the progress bar in rank 4..

i don't see any hardfixed rules here

#50 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 18 July 2018 - 07:03 PM

So you have video evidence? If so - report it to PGI then as I don't that is not accurate since the MM fix back in MAY - SEE HERE

View PostPaul Inouye, on 30 May 2018 - 02:10 PM, said:

So what did I do to address this? Here's the scoop.

1) Stop allowing Tier 1 players to play against Tier 4 and 5 players completely. Hard line.. no ifs ands or buts no matter how low the player count is in off peak times. To do this, the value for Tier separation has been set to 2. The biggest skill gap allowed now is Tier 1 to Tier 3. Tier 2 to Tier 4. Tier 3 to Tier 5.

Since this change I have had no T4/T5s in my games, ever. Even in Oceanic where I regularly wait 5mins+ for a game.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 18 July 2018 - 07:04 PM.

#51 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 18 July 2018 - 07:12 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 18 July 2018 - 07:03 PM, said:

So you have video evidence? If so - report it to PGI then as I don't that is not accurate since the MM fix back in MAY - SEE HERE

Since this change I have had no T4/T5s in my games, ever. Even in Oceanic where I regularly wait 5mins+ for a game.

I wonder if he's referring to GQ?

#52 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 18 July 2018 - 07:15 PM

Nah - SoloQ Sync Drop.

#53 darkeyed

Rookie

• Giant Helper
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 July 2018 - 05:04 AM

IM not wanting to report people the people in this were not mean people the meanest thing that was ever said to me was the I'm sure you can find more than two buttons part of the comment. the community seems to be very very friendly at least compared to the games I have played in the past. again I had just asked because it was getting to the point that if the game ended up a being a lost match and i was one of the last mechs someone would mention my firing groups in passing and a new player, I did not know if this was just actual good advice or just people trying to backseat pilot. clearly, the answer is its just backseat piloting and i thank everyone for their input as well as the people that make the skill tree recommendations I will be giving those a try.

Edited by darkeyed, 19 July 2018 - 05:06 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users