#141 Foxwalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 962 posts
  • LocationLost on Thunder Rift

Posted 28 June 2019 - 06:54 PM

View PostVxheous, on 24 June 2019 - 10:03 AM, said:

"Great leaders" that don't score well in this game is dead weight. To be an actual great leader in this game, you have to be able to drop call (have self positioning awareness, and overall battle awareness, cap point awareness, etc) and hold your own in the fight. If you're going by that definition, there's only a handful of players that do that, and though I'm clearly biased, I would have to say [EmP] Celyth is the epitome of that definition.

I disagree. Teachers teach, leaders lead.

Some players with great strategy and can get the team to cooperate and work together can make a team do well and no amount of being a good shot and good at positioning yourself can overcome team potato behavior. This thread leads us to discuss a player in a vacuum. Great individual performance is less likely to happen when your team looses.

#142 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 28 June 2019 - 07:16 PM

View PostFoxwalker, on 28 June 2019 - 06:54 PM, said:

Some players with great strategy and can get the team to cooperate and work together can make a team do well and no amount of being a good shot and good at positioning yourself can overcome team potato behavior. This thread leads us to discuss a player in a vacuum. Great individual performance is less likely to happen when your team looses.

Is that why none of the top teams in MWO have a "strategist" that can't actually play the game? Posted Image

Edited by Vxheous, 28 June 2019 - 07:21 PM.

#143 Verilligo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 789 posts
  • LocationPodunk, U.S.A.

Posted 28 June 2019 - 07:58 PM

View PostFoxwalker, on 28 June 2019 - 06:54 PM, said:

"Okay" leaders can propose a strategy and get the team to follow through with it, making up for their own personal shortcomings. "Good" leaders can do that while also being an integral part of making that plan work, i.e.: they bring the pain. This game has plenty of "okay" leaders and I am glad they exist, even if they need to carried some. To be a good leader is much, much more difficult. And the gulf in tactical and personal skill between "good" and "excellent" is absolutely monumental, but you can TELL when they got the goods.

Edited by Verilligo, 28 June 2019 - 07:58 PM.

#144 Foxwalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 962 posts
  • LocationLost on Thunder Rift

Posted 28 June 2019 - 08:19 PM

View PostVxheous, on 28 June 2019 - 07:16 PM, said:

Is that why none of the top teams in MWO have a "strategist" that can't actually play the game? Posted Image

I think you are assuming I mean not a good player? I said not the best player or not always the top scorer. Honestly, Certainly there are those that can do everything. No one made a distinction between Quick play and Faction play. Two different animals.

In quick play, I would rather have someone that had some good ideas than someone that capitalized on the rest of the team. I always hate those guys that perched somewhere sniping and in the end had a good game while the team got destroyed.

#145 Burning2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 11:51 PM

View Postnoble S A V A G E, on 28 June 2019 - 03:53 AM, said:

Too bad that there is a thing called HYPOCRACY. I bet u can't fullfil even 5 percent of this discription in rl yourself...

Ill take that wager, and raise

#146 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 29 June 2019 - 12:28 AM

View PostFoxwalker, on 28 June 2019 - 08:19 PM, said:

I think you are assuming I mean not a good player? I said not the best player or not always the top scorer. Honestly, Certainly there are those that can do everything. No one made a distinction between Quick play and Faction play. Two different animals.

In quick play, I would rather have someone that had some good ideas than someone that capitalized on the rest of the team. I always hate those guys that perched somewhere sniping and in the end had a good game while the team got destroyed.

I'm not talking about quick play or faction play. This thread is about "The Best". Not great, not really great, not close to the best. The Best. What you're describing might be good habits to have to be successful (which everyone has a different definition for), but it doesn't describe the best.

That's why players like Proton, Heimdelight, Celyth, Bows3r, Lizzee, xCico, Da Red goes DA FASTA, (among some others) get mentioned, because they're Champions, and have climbed to the pinnacle of competitive play in this game.

Again, the thread is about "The Best" Your response is like if we were talking about who the best basketball player of all time is, and people are mentioning Michael Jordan, Lebron James, Kobe Bryant, Kareem Abdul Jabber, and you come along and say "well, I think the best player is that guy on my rec team that has a good plan, and passes the ball, and is encouraging throughout the game. His shot isn't the greatest, but he tries real hard."

Edited by Vxheous, 01 July 2019 - 03:52 PM.

#147 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 30 June 2019 - 03:50 PM

I'm disturbed by the lack of my name in this thread....

#148 CatznDogz

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 24 February 2020 - 05:51 PM

Lickinghorse :3
Carried my butt (along with other potatoes xD) more times then I can remember

Go check out his youtube vids xD

Edited by CatznDogz, 24 February 2020 - 06:04 PM.

#149 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 24 February 2020 - 06:44 PM

El'Bandito was probably the best player I ever saw in game, I don't think he plays all that much anymore. He drop called like a boss and stomped faces in S7's first season.

#150 Sunstruck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 25 February 2020 - 09:11 AM

Proton (prtNspz), of EMP, he changed pilot name to B3autifuL a few years ago.
https://www.twitch.t...r=all&sort=time

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users