149 replies to this topic

#41 razenWing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 02:00 AM

View PostBrizna, on 13 July 2018 - 01:57 AM, said:

I am really disappointed to not see my name on this thread. It is really unfair since all great players I know have killed me many times and their goodness is cemented on my badness so it is doubly unfair. As a matter of fact I was killed by Colonel O'neal yesterday, the #¿@Ñ¡ single handedly destroyed a full flank of my team of randoms in quick play when I thought I had managed to stall the enemy centre push, he appeared from the side and destroyed us all.

Honestly, Colonel ONeil scares me a lot less than Lizzee for some reason. Maybe it's because I grouped with him more in Solo than against, and more often than not, we lose than win. So, lawlz.

#42 MTier Slayed Up

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 717 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 05:14 AM

I take mine back.

RWTumbleweed. I saw this guy whip out a Fatlas and throw on a flamer, AMS...And that's it. He dropped called it and saved the day though. Easily the funniest game I've ever been in, and he takes my number one slot.

#43 ChapeL

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 07:26 AM

I'll name Pariah Devalis of CNCI. Obviously not the best pilot out there but the best one I got to see in action. Constantly being a menace regardless of what he's piloting AND capable of leading a drop while doing it.

I've played with/against Heimdelight, Twinky, Bows3r, etc.. and I don't dispute their skill but I have not SEEN them at their best performance so I can't single them out.

#44 Marquis De Lafayette

• CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 13 July 2018 - 08:07 AM

Lots of awesome players have been mentioned here. I am going to throw out a name that seems to do more FW than QP, but is still top 25 on Jarls list for QP. Dabs on Deck
While I don’t really know Dabs, I have played with him and against him a lot over the years. I have seen him (multiple times) personally humiliate (and decimate) entire teams in a locust. One of the scariest names in the game to see lined up across from you.

Edited by Marquis De Lafayette, 13 July 2018 - 11:50 AM.

#45 Kamikaze Viking

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationStay on Topic... STAY ON TOPIC!!!

Posted 13 July 2018 - 09:33 PM

Heimdelight. GGCLOSE

Honorable mentions to:
Proton, Twinky Overlord, Writhen, Krivvan, Wispsy, Edmeister, NavidA1, Juju Shinobi, Odin's Steed, Jay Z, Il Mechwarrior/Data, Pasha Osis, Radick, Jaeger XII, Siriothrax, JustcallmeASH, Hardoc, xCico, Lizzee, Colonel ONeill, Queenblade, Hans Davion, JARL DANE, and many more.

Edited by Kamikaze Viking, 13 July 2018 - 09:36 PM.

#46 Tom Sawyer

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 14 July 2018 - 03:52 AM

ModeratePudding Such a GREAT player that even PGI realized someone that good had to go before everyone else quit in shame of their own pitiful skills

#47 A Headless Chicken

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 273 posts
  • LocationImmersed in Stupid.

Posted 14 July 2018 - 04:23 AM

Lyen and Ohfar hands down.

#48 Juju Shinobi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 168 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 14 July 2018 - 04:24 AM

NARC BAIT, Ohfar, Lyen, Babycakes666, Baradul

#49 Draven Darkshadow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 130 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 04:26 AM

View PostJuju Shinobi, on 14 July 2018 - 04:24 AM, said:

NARC BAIT, Ohfar, Lyen, Babycakes666, Baradul

indeed babycakes got deathstar after all haHAA

#50 Juju Shinobi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 168 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 14 July 2018 - 04:26 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 11 July 2018 - 01:06 PM, said:

was just thinking about Koreanese. Also unlike most of the tryhards he never seemed to act a douche. Actually gave me a lot of good pointers on hunchback play... and was one of my happier moments to legit beat him hunchback to hunchback.... like one time out of 30 or so, lol. Definitely preferred him to these self important types we seem saddled with mostly these days.

You don't even play MWO anymore. Your opinion is moot

#51 Lt Blackthorn

• PipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 04:28 AM

ronson19733

The man, the myth, the legend.

#52 A Headless Chicken

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 273 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 04:28 AM

don't forget mwo01!

#53 Zh0u

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 393 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 July 2018 - 04:29 AM

RWTumbleWeed

#54 Daidachi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 461 posts
  • LocationThe Andromeda Initiative

Posted 14 July 2018 - 04:32 AM

Hades_MW

I have never heard someone better suited to be a midwife.

#55 Movano

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 04:32 AM

On 09/09/1999 I ran over a PGI Developer in my Dragon on purpose. They glow in the dark when shot by lasers.
Posted Image

#56 A Headless Chicken

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 273 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 04:34 AM

Bulbasaur ICHOOSEYOU was pretty good until Charmanders were found

#57 Imperius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 14 July 2018 - 06:41 AM

Obviously the best player in the game was Niko Snow. He beat you so bad the repercussions carried on to the all the battletech forums, Reddit/s, and twitter/s.

Unmatched haHA

Edited by Imperius, 14 July 2018 - 07:19 AM.

#58 Squirg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 307 posts
  • LocationEromanga

Posted 14 July 2018 - 06:47 AM

Obviously The Legend27

#59 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 14 July 2018 - 07:57 AM

View PostChapeL, on 13 July 2018 - 07:26 AM, said:

I'll name Pariah Devalis of CNCI. Obviously not the best pilot out there but the best one I got to see in action. Constantly being a menace regardless of what he's piloting AND capable of leading a drop while doing it.

I've played with/against Heimdelight, Twinky, Bows3r, etc.. and I don't dispute their skill but I have not SEEN them at their best performance so I can't single them out.

Pft. Only took a Nova Cat to name drop me.

I call bias! Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

XD

From a standpoint of actual, legitimate skill on an individual basis, Proton is pretty damned good. Or was. I don't play enough lately to know who still plays the game, but I recall Proton being a threat in virtually any mech, and knowing how to position himself well to exploit his loadout to the greatest.

From a perspective of cooperative greatness and teamwork, it's hard to argue against Emp's, 228th, or Eon's ability to fight as a team and coordinate. They work together very well, compensating for individual weaknesses which would, on a one on one level, compromise their individual skill rating. However, this is a team game, and the ability to coordinate with others is an incredibly important thing to have.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 14 July 2018 - 08:01 AM.

#60 kaffeangst

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 123 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 07:58 AM

LORD KAFFEANGST
ggclose™

Winner of Numerous PGI Tournaments/Leaderboards, Winner of Competitive Leagues, Highest K/D since Closed Beta, Rank #1 on Jarl's List (Currently Retired), Most Number of 2000+ Damage Games, a Founder of the House of Lords, Mentored Proton, etc, etc.

I've played with the best players since the beginning. At the start, it was myself, Koreanese, Dustmuffins and JagerXII as a few of the best pilots. Best active player is Proton, has been for a while. Found this handsome Russian playing for Black Omen and saw the potential. Some of the potatoes mentioned on this thread make me question people's logic and actual game experience. Go to https://www.twitch.tv/prtn_spz, watch Proton stream and then hope you don't see him in-game.

Edited by kaffeangst, 14 July 2018 - 08:01 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users