#21 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 11 July 2018 - 07:31 AM

View PostJyrox, on 11 July 2018 - 01:30 AM, said:

Nope, that's your opinion, and that's worth nothing.

Wait wait. This entire thread is about opinions. Why are you saying they don't matter if they mattered enough for you to make a thread for them?

~Leone.

#22 Mechwarrior1441491

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 07:33 AM

Usually the person doing the running in front doesn't see where you are actually positioned, so it's up to the person being "cut off" to show restraint. That's what comms are for though. If someone who is clearly a lighter mech, doing that to a heavy or assault, they need to learn their place in the food chain. Also, if you are heading up ramps or other narrow areas and stop, knowing their are others behind you. You are doing it wrong. You need to carry through and find some cover out of the passage, not hunker down on the corner, blocking everyone. That's why Solaris in Quick play is terrible. Mostly terrible.

People who played with falling down enabled seem to have it wired into them about how much area you are supposed to give other mechs for fear of everyone tumbling over. You need to give mechs in front of you some space to react to what is in front of them. If they need to back up, you'll have time to start backing up as well without blocking motion.

Edited by Mechwarrior1441491, 11 July 2018 - 07:35 AM.

#23 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 08:28 AM

The only valid argument is 'you back was too sexy and I could hold back...'

#24 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 11 July 2018 - 08:31 AM

If i'm not getting shot in the back I must not be playing a light mech or assault mech. That mech doesn't has a s s in its name for nothing.

#25 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 11 July 2018 - 09:26 AM

View PostJyrox, on 11 July 2018 - 01:30 AM, said:

Nope, that's your opinion, and that's worth nothing. Seriously, why are you venting on people that don't know you exist, and when they do, they wish you didn't!

We all are beginning to wish that.

#26 Athom83

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationTFS Aurora, 1000km up.

Posted 11 July 2018 - 09:54 AM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 11 July 2018 - 12:51 AM, said:

Seriously. 90% of my team damage happens whilst I'M A' FIRING MY LAZOR and some try-hard decides to cross the stream in order to try nab the kill. If they repeatedly do this I take a perverse pleasure in blocking their back so they can't retreat from the enemy fire, the pleasure doubles when they start raging.

I take pleasure when those same tryhards are pushing you out of the way to round a corner and you end up blocking them when they try to back up around the corner because there were 3 enemy assault mechs watching said corner. "WTF stop blocking you noob" is their standard call.

#27 Kubernetes

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 01:55 PM

[Redacted]

Edited by draiocht, 12 July 2018 - 03:40 PM.
unconstructive

#28 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 02:00 PM

Probably going to get flamed for this -

You need to be aware of where your teammates are. You're on a team of 12. You are 100% responsible for your own positioning. This goes both ways.

If you are set up to take shots but you're in a position where your team is already in rotation and you stop, so inevitably everyone is going in front of you, or you're near the front but stop to shoot while your team is still moving up, this is you being dumb. People are going in front of you because you've put yourself in a position where they have to.

If, however, you're hiding, waiting for your teammates to take fire before moving up to shoot, people may accidentally blow your arms/ST off from behind. It would be tragic. OH SO TRAGIC. If you see someone shooting and trading and you walk into the line of fire you should expect to get shot. You need to take a position that's not blocking fire and you need to expect that if you're trying to use your teammates like pug armor they might accidentally, oh so accidentally, blow half your mech off.

#29 AncientRaig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 584 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 03:20 PM

Actually, "he ran in front of me" will work in a court of law. In a civilian court, the only time this could possibly happen is if you're on a firing range and some idiot sprints across the range while it's hot and takes a bullet from someone who was aiming down a scope. If someone's playing with their new 4x scope, they aren't going to have the peripheral vision to see you when you decide to cross into their lane. The shooter is relying on you understanding and obeying the rules of the range, ie don't enter the shooting zone until you know the range is cold. In a military court, if you run out in front of the machine gunner while he's trying to suppress an enemy position, it's entirely your fault. He's focused on making sure the enemy is keeping their heads down, not on making sure you aren't wandering into his pre-established line of fire.

Stupidity is not an excuse. If you know the line is hot and you still walk into the line, especially if the man on the line already is firing, it is ENTIRELY your fault if you get shot. The man on the line is focused on the enemy in front of him. Most of his focus is on making most of his fire focuses on the same component. He's probably zoomed in as well, further limiting his field of view and situational awareness. If I'm in a Shadow Hawk and I'm zoomed all the way in, my peripheral vision is next to nothing. I can't see you until you're in front of my guns. If you're trying to get in on the action, it is entirely YOUR responsibility to make sure that you're not wandering into anyone's line of fire to do it.

Edited by AncientRaig, 12 July 2018 - 03:21 PM.

#30 draiocht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 04:01 PM

[mod]As this discussion is crossing into problematic griefing topics,
this thread has been closed.[/mod]

Please be aware that it is in violation of the Code of Conduct to:
  • Willfully or repeatedly destroy teammates.
  • Willfully or repeatedly damage your teammates.
  • Willfully or repeatedly block teammate ‘Mechs or weapon trajectories.
Suspected in-game misconduct may be reported for game moderator investigation through the player context-menu on the scoreboard screen or by emailing moderation@mwomercs.com with any evidence and/or details available. Further information may be found in the PGI Support Articles: https://mwomercs.com...-for-misconduct

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users