Patch Notes - 1.4.176.0 - 17-Jul-2018

325 replies to this topic

#21 Dyhalto

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 06:45 PM

Is it really that hard to just highlight which mechs changed division in Solaris? Looking at the link for division, it doesn't even seem like it's properly updated.

#22 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 06:50 PM

Nice to see the AMS ammo increase. Though I still would like to see its ammo count tied to Magazine Capacity in the skill tree.

#23 thievingmagpi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 06:51 PM

reminder:

brawling- dead

small lasers of any variety- dead

pulse lasers of any variety- dead

mechs with agility- dead

poptarts- dead

erppc sniping- dead

all lrm warrior online

#24 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 06:53 PM

View PostSerenna187, on 13 July 2018 - 06:00 PM, said:

So instead of giving the Super Nova A negative LRM quirks,you sledge hammer the entire weapon system? REALLY?

You must be new here

#25 Commander James Raynor

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 67 posts
  • LocationChile

Posted 13 July 2018 - 06:55 PM

I really am on my way out of this game, because of the path they decided to take with the clan energy nerf, but I can't keep away from the one that was my favorite game from one day to the next... Like a sad guy that keeps checking her ex's facebook, I keep checking the news.

For the first time in a long time, I agree with every change to the weapon stats in this patch. Nevertheless, I'd like to see a rework of ATM's, by removing the min range and reducind the max damage they do from 3 per missile to... I don't know, 2, 2.2, something like that. The way they are now, it varies from useless at a distance (1 damage per missile is just so low for the weight and ammo) to a face melting volley (72 damage just from 2 ATM12 is something that will blow your side torso off), with complete uselessness at close range. This means it either feels unfair for the receiving end or the giving end, but never feels right.

#26 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 07:06 PM

"Command Wheel has been removed in Solaris matches" yay

"The Match Maker will now direct matches played by EU and OC opponents to the NA servers"YAY ! (dont kow why you listed it under bug fixes instead of under the command wheel change)

Changes to SRM 6's YAY!

LRM changes.... lulz

#27 Ahh Screw it - WATCH THIS

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 130 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 07:10 PM

Holy ****.

Time to troll with triple AMS until that gets boring - then take a long break.

#28 thievingmagpi

• 1,577 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 07:10 PM

View PostCommander James Raynor, on 13 July 2018 - 06:55 PM, said:

For the first time in a long time, I agree with every change to the weapon stats in this patch.

So you agree with more LRM buffs, Streak buffs, and SRM alpha nerfs?

LOL

#29 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 07:17 PM

"Update to 'Mech Variants assigned Solaris Divisions (Check out the 'Mech Division here) " please clarify, your reminding people about the mid season mech division changes or there are more mech division changes at the end of this season ? Because that document looks like it has not changed since the mid season changes, it even still says "Updated for Patch: June 19th 2018"

#30 G 4 R R E T

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 07:17 PM

Am i the only one immature enough to spot this pearl:

Fixed an issue with the Tittle/Badge screen border upon logging in

Edited by Average Sloth, 13 July 2018 - 07:17 PM.

#31 TechChris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 159 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Midwest, I think??? Dang "Drinkin Man's" Shooter bad for my memory! ^_^

Posted 13 July 2018 - 07:19 PM

Oh for the love of.....

The last few weeks of lurms, then lurms n PIRs hasn't been fun enough boys n girls, so let's crank it up yet another notch and see what happens next........ Anyone wanna guess???

Posted Image

N love that token AMS buff. 10% ammo buff (versus the 33% the lurms got) and 5% heat buff (versus 10% the lurms got). Its like PGI just threw it in there so they could say "hey..... Hey lookie, we did something"...... Oh wait, that's the usual, my bad.

Edited by TechChris, 13 July 2018 - 07:50 PM.

#32 thievingmagpi

• 1,577 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 07:20 PM

View PostTechChris, on 13 July 2018 - 07:19 PM, said:

Oh for the love of.....

The last few weeks of lurms, then lurms n PIRs hasn't been fun enough boys n girls, so let's crank it up yet another notch and see what happens next........ Anyone wanna guess???

N love that token AMS buff. 10% ammo buff (versus the 33% the lurms got) and 5% heat buff (versus 10% the lurms got). Its like PGI just threw it in there so they could say "hey..... Hey lookie, we did something"...... Oh wait, that's the usual, my bad.

Ok buddy, you not a fan of RANGED DPS?

#33 Ahh Screw it - WATCH THIS

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 130 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 07:22 PM

Embrace the new.

Aiming is so 2015.

#34 Sereglach

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 13 July 2018 - 07:26 PM

Some of the weapon changes are . . . interesting. I don't think I agree with all of them, but time will tell. Whether AMS changes are enough to combat the overall buffs to LRMs I'm not sure. I think Laser AMS needs about another 20% heat reduction (25% total) at least, and standard AMS needs another 300 rounds per ton (2500/ton, 1250/half) at least.

Regardless, I'm still upset at seeing the Flamer still languish away in a broken state needing the reengineering it should have received over 4 years ago, now. Please fix them. No "exponential scaling" or "pseudo-cooldowns" . . . make it the energy MG that Russ was talking about doing all those years ago with modest heat damage . . . it's the simplest fix that removes all of the problems and concerns with weapon balance for the Flamer.

#35 thievingmagpi

• 1,577 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 07:29 PM

View PostAhh Screw it - WATCH THIS, on 13 July 2018 - 07:22 PM, said:

Embrace the new.

Aiming is so 2015.

I love aiming...

...my reticle right into that red square and letting my ranged dps rain down!

#36 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 07:55 PM

Found a typo Posted Image

Fixed an issue where the Raven's animation appeared slower after lancing from Jump Jetting or falling

Edited by Prototelis, 13 July 2018 - 07:55 PM.

#37 Commander James Raynor

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 67 posts
  • LocationChile

Posted 13 July 2018 - 07:59 PM

View Postthievingmagpi, on 13 July 2018 - 07:10 PM, said:

So you agree with more LRM buffs, Streak buffs, and SRM alpha nerfs?

LOL

Well, yes. I think the LRM are too hot as of right now. Missiles in general. I don't really use LRM, but if I did, i'd like to be able to use them in combination with lasers, in direct combat, and you can't really do that effectively. SRM are also not that good with all the spread and range, so I'd like to see a similar treatment with SRM 2 and 4. In the end, it's not a huge change, so I don't see the danger on trying to bring SRM to compete with heavy gauss and laser vomit. I rarely see LRM, so I don't see the danger in buffing them either. I could be wrong, though.

#38 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 13 July 2018 - 08:08 PM

Not perfectly happy with LAMS change. Why should the IS LAMS, which uses twice the slots and 50% more tonnage than Clan LAMS, be equal to it? IS LAMS should be more efficient.

#39 SA Baxter

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 08:17 PM

The Streak buff is well-timed and sorely needed, I shouldn't need to fire a second volley of SSRM6s to instantly remove any mech 40 tons and under within ~400m range.

Frankly, if a light player is not going to take the time and effort to learn to psychically detect my streakboat and its ability to hard counter anywhere from 1/3 to 1/4 of the enemy team then they shouldn't be playing.

+1 for this patch

Edited by SA Baxter, 13 July 2018 - 08:17 PM.

#40 thievingmagpi

• 1,577 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 08:24 PM

View PostSA Baxter, on 13 July 2018 - 08:17 PM, said:

The Streak buff is well-timed and sorely needed, I shouldn't need to fire a second volley of SSRM6s to instantly remove any mech 40 tons and under within ~400m range.

sorry your aim is bad enough you need to rely on streaks. keep up the lock-on nerfs. keep up that skill ceiling.

yes, you should need a followup shot to "instantly remove any mech 40 tons and under within ~400m range". one shotting without needing to aim. smart design.

Frankly, if a light player is not going to take the time and effort to learn to psychically detect my streakboat and its ability to hard counter anywhere from 1/3 to 1/4 of the enemy team then they shouldn't be playing.

+1 for this patch

"and its ability to hard counter anywhere from 1/3 to 1/4 of the enemy team then they shouldn't be playing."

oh yeah that's some balance yeahhhh

+1 for this patch

+1 for lock on no aim click warrior

Edited by thievingmagpi, 13 July 2018 - 08:29 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users