Patch Notes - 1.4.176.0 - 17-Jul-2018

325 replies to this topic

#161 eminus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 604 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 11:38 PM

PGI still no good news for the Nightstar? will it stay **** as it is right now?

#162 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 15 July 2018 - 12:02 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 14 July 2018 - 02:51 PM, said:

In my opinion, nerfing clan LRM spread feels like an "obligatory clan nerf" - there is no real reason why you should nerf the spread, the weapon already spreads like marmalade.

Actually, this should slightly improve the damage against very fast mechs that have hitboxes that are hard to hit. Shouldn't do much for damage against heavies and assaults, slight buff to medium survivability in LRM rain, and flat buff to slow lights.

Note that I've been using LRMs since the MCII release gave me my first mechs that could boat them. (the -2 and -4)

A lot of players really are potatoes with them, and they truly suck. I find I have to restrain myself from yelling obscenities at them when I spectate their useless asses. That is not the fault of the weapon, or the mech. Blame the idiot, not the weapon.

Simple guide to being a good LRM player: If you don't have at least 2 unarmored components by the end of the match, you either didn't share your armor sufficiently, or you steamrolled the enemy. (your team kill score should be sufficient to show you which is the case) If you didn't do at least 800 damage and 3 KMDD + 6 Assists, or 1 solo kill, you didn't pull your weight.

#163 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 15 July 2018 - 12:31 AM

View PostLethe Wyvern, on 14 July 2018 - 11:28 PM, said:

CW is dead since Brand New F*** Faction Warfare Capital Events

He meant Civil War Geometry updates. for older mechs. not Faction Warfare.

View Posteminus, on 14 July 2018 - 11:38 PM, said:

it isn't ****. You just suck at piloting it. Nightstar's always been a solid performer for me, and has been for a lot of people i've seen using it. it's just one of those mechs that gets unfairly bashed, so people assume it sucks.

The amount of Assaults and Heavies i've sawed clean through with my Nightstars says a lot different.

View PostBTGbullseye, on 15 July 2018 - 12:02 AM, said:

Actually, this should slightly improve the damage against very fast mechs that have hitboxes that are hard to hit. Shouldn't do much for damage against heavies and assaults, slight buff to medium survivability in LRM rain, and flat buff to slow lights.

Note that I've been using LRMs since the MCII release gave me my first mechs that could boat them. (the -2 and -4)

A lot of players really are potatoes with them, and they truly suck. I find I have to restrain myself from yelling obscenities at them when I spectate their useless asses. That is not the fault of the weapon, or the mech. Blame the idiot, not the weapon.

Simple guide to being a good LRM player: If you don't have at least 2 unarmored components by the end of the match, you either didn't share your armor sufficiently, or you steamrolled the enemy. (your team kill score should be sufficient to show you which is the case) If you didn't do at least 800 damage and 3 KMDD + 6 Assists, or 1 solo kill, you didn't pull your weight.

eh, 800 damage might be pushing it, but someone LRMing should at least have 4-500+ damage and Assists on most of the enemty team by the end anyways, though that also depends on the weight of said LRM boat. that and if you have any backup weapons for close in.

#164 Ninjah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 307 posts
  • LocationComstar Lounge

Posted 15 July 2018 - 12:48 AM

Alright, I'm done yelling at PGI cause they won't listen anyway. Instead I'm going to utilize their choices and build a LRM wh0r3 mech that will wreck havoc in QP and create mountains of salt. I call other elite players to drop nothing but lrm80 mechs in Quickplay and show those kiddies what PGI has actually done. You want war PGI? No problem, remember MS and CW? Would you like ALL units to drop solo in QP with nothing but LRM80 mechs? That can be arranged you know.

Edited by Ninjah, 15 July 2018 - 12:53 AM.

#165 Kurbeks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 337 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 12:54 AM

Or just protest and don't buy anything and return preorders and orders under 30 days.

#166 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 01:08 AM

View PostNinjah, on 15 July 2018 - 12:48 AM, said:

Spoiler

I played proabably my 1st game in a LRM mech in about a year ( might have done 1 or 2 that ive forgotten, but I only ever ran LRM mechs in FP Alpine / Polar / Boreal years ago really).

I can say, without doubt , we DEFINATELY need this heat generation reduction, I hit my heat cap 3 times restricting my damage output and I still had 1/4 of my ammo left when the game ended. Definately need a 3rd lrm buff in 3 months, my damage done was dissapointing for a tier 1 game.

Posted Image

It was fun to see a little bit later a few people preparing for Tuesdays patch in quick play solo queue.

Posted Image

There was a Streak Huntsman on the other team that couldn't hurt the 3 of us, was quite funny. That mech does not have the AMS skill tree nodes yet.

I did learn something Very dissapointing / annoying, if your laser AMS heat cap you and you turn the laser ams off, it also turns off your normal ams.............. WHY!?!?!?!?!?!

The truth will set us all free. No balance is intended.

Edited by Cadoazreal, 15 July 2018 - 01:13 AM.

#167 eminus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 604 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 01:35 AM

[redacted]

Edited by Ibrandul Mike, 08 August 2018 - 11:13 AM.
insults

#168 MarsThunder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 237 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Posted 15 July 2018 - 01:44 AM

View PostBennesto, on 14 July 2018 - 02:42 PM, said:

You know what best counter to lights is? Aim. You obviously did not hear about that kind of magic, did you?

This statement is not quite fair. You should add "... and upgrade your hardware". I have experienced a very big difference in match score after upgrade (no miracle that you can't aim while your FPS suddenly dropped to 5 in this totaly non-optimized game).

#169 Chatin The Skunk

• PipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 02:15 AM

As a support player I find the buffs to LRMs that are already a 'problem' in QP is a tad ridiculous.

Your buff to LAMS is a joke and still unusable... it needs a 25-40% drop in heat to be viable on most mechs. I've tried running 1 LAMS on a few of my mechs and still manage to overheat on anything short of an assault with 20~ freaking heatsinks.

Increased ammo for AMS? Yey... could use a buff to range on AMS, or DPS...

Seriously... who decides to push these changes out and who the **** tests them thinking this is ok? You already have CLRM 80-100s running around frequently in QP and you gave them better heat rate?

/(._.)/ l__l

https://youtu.be/R1oTJ5Szv8I?t=3m37s
That was TWO mechs using LRM60... TWO, so LRM120 effectively and it killed me in seconds.

#170 Jon McFuzzy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 144 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 02:21 AM

View Posteminus, on 14 July 2018 - 11:38 PM, said:

BUMP!

#171 kackebacke

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 02:43 AM

After a 2200 hrs of MWO and ~200€ spent, I tend to quit the game. LRM Spam in CW was already huge. You guys, PGI balance team, are turning down a great game on purpose. Nobody asked for this, LRMs were in a great spot already after ammo buff.

This is just stupid.

For CW, half the Clan Mechs used in there are Hellbringers. Any of it with ECM. What is IS supposed to do? You can't lurm agains 6 ECM Mechs. There is no point in brawling, Medium Lasers Cooldown nerf killed DPS/ton. IS poptarts? C'mon.

This is not balancing.

#172 xX PUG Xx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 15 July 2018 - 03:12 AM

I reinstalled BF1 last night, say no more.

#173 Ensaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 831 posts
  • LocationOn a frozen rock .....

Posted 15 July 2018 - 05:39 AM

View PostxX PUG Xx, on 15 July 2018 - 03:12 AM, said:

I reinstalled BF1 last night, say no more.

I got all patched up when the news of this laser nerf was posted... haven't logged in since.....

BF1 is a very nice game.

#174 Lt Blackthorn

• PipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 57 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 06:21 AM

Lots more time for a replay BATTLETECH and to join all my MWO buddies in Warframe after this patch drops. Posted Image

#175 ZortPointNarf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Posted 15 July 2018 - 06:58 AM

View PostMarsThunder, on 15 July 2018 - 01:44 AM, said:

This statement is not quite fair. You should add "... and upgrade your hardware". I have experienced a very big difference in match score after upgrade (no miracle that you can't aim while your FPS suddenly dropped to 5 in this totaly non-optimized game).

And let us not forget about the lag shield.

#176 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 15 July 2018 - 08:09 AM

View Postkackebacke, on 15 July 2018 - 02:43 AM, said:

For CW, half the Clan Mechs used in there are Hellbringers. Any of it with ECM. What is IS supposed to do? You can't lurm agains 6 ECM Mechs. There is no point in brawling, Medium Lasers Cooldown nerf killed DPS/ton. IS poptarts? C'mon.

I am confused. I thought clams were the ones getting pooped on.

If you are complaing that you can't use LRMs vs ecm clams, you either need to revamp your builds with a better mix of weapons (read; not ALL lurms), bring TAG, NARC, BAP and skill for target aquisition (Artemis anyone?). Basically, if you are crying b/c they correctly predicted your weakness, mayhaps don't be predictable?

Last I checked there is a veritable plethora of "brawling weapons" in the IS arsenal apart from ML... MRM30s and 40s and don't forget heavy gauss...

If you issues with ECM, you weren't around 4 years ago when it was call the "god box" for a reason....

Edited by MovinTarget, 15 July 2018 - 08:10 AM.

#177 Ninjah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 307 posts
  • LocationComstar Lounge

Posted 15 July 2018 - 09:16 AM

Ok, here's my LRM boat on a not-so-LRM-favorable-map. Looking forward to the buffs (and farming).

Posted Image

Edited by Ninjah, 15 July 2018 - 09:18 AM.

#178 aardappelianen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 195 posts
  • Locationamsterdam

Posted 15 July 2018 - 09:39 AM

View PostBlue Splint, on 13 July 2018 - 06:11 PM, said:

Solaris divisions link is not updated btw, it still shows the list from June 19th

Yeah so when is this gonna get fixed?

#179 Stinger554

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 383 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 09:42 AM

View PostJax Endsleigh, on 15 July 2018 - 02:15 AM, said:

As a support player I find the buffs to LRMs that are already a 'problem' in QP is a tad ridiculous.

Your buff to LAMS is a joke and still unusable... it needs a 25-40% drop in heat to be viable on most mechs. I've tried running 1 LAMS on a few of my mechs and still manage to overheat on anything short of an assault with 20~ freaking heatsinks.

Increased ammo for AMS? Yey... could use a buff to range on AMS, or DPS...

Seriously... who decides to push these changes out and who the **** tests them thinking this is ok? You already have CLRM 80-100s running around frequently in QP and you gave them better heat rate?

/(._.)/ l__l

https://youtu.be/R1oTJ5Szv8I?t=3m37s
That was TWO mechs using LRM60... TWO, so LRM120 effectively and it killed me in seconds.

It took those LRMs roughly 20 seconds to kill you....and you didn't even try to torso-twist nor did you run into cover...

Two direct fire mechs would likely kill you faster.

In my experience LRMs aren't currently a problem, but then again I do mostly play Group queue.

#180 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 15 July 2018 - 09:48 AM

LRMs... the closest thing to pure Darwinism in this game...

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users