The Pts Is Crap!

14 replies to this topic

#1 Puresin

• PipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 97 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 01:32 AM

Your public test server is supposed to give us a place to test things under real circumstances.

YOU CAN'T DO THAT IF THE PTS DOES NOT RESPOND THE SAME WAY!

I want to say duh but it seems to underwhelming to use here.

just played 5 games. not once did i get a clean game without MASSIVE lag pops and spikes.

I'm sorry what were we supposed to be testing for? Because I was too busy wondering why i was frozen for 3 seconds then the mech pops to some random location on the map half dead no idea where the **** i am shooting and what the **** i am shooting at?

now again what opinions could even be valid from this? seriously who actually was watching heat gauges when they were trying to figure out where to compensate for the lagspike that you are currently frozen into? wait if we're frozen are we actually getting the right displays to give accurate feedback?

NO.

so how does PGI expect this to even give them pertinent information.......

#2 ArcRoyale

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 70 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 03:50 AM

[Redacted]

Edited by draiocht, 14 July 2018 - 07:20 AM.
unconstructive

#3 Puresin

• PipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 97 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 05:59 AM

[Redacted]

Edited by draiocht, 14 July 2018 - 07:20 AM.
unconstructive, insults

#4 Ensaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 831 posts
  • LocationOn a frozen rock .....

Posted 14 July 2018 - 07:15 AM

Or when it's in place to balance a 12v12 game, using 4v4 mechanics......

#5 Krighton0157

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 07:29 AM

Biggest issue I am seeing in the games I have played on the PTS are broken match making.

First match was 2 Lights and 2 Assaults against 3 Assaults and 1 Heavy
Second match 1 Light, 1 Med, 2 Heavies against 1 Med, 3 Assaults.
Third match 1 Med, 2 Heavies, 1 Assault against 4 Assaults
Fourth match 2 Heavies and 2 Assaults against 1 Med, 3 Assaults
fifth match 3 Heavies and 1 Assault against a team of 3 Assaults and 1 Heavy.

if 2 any class are in the match there should be 1 on each team to give some balance even on test servers. 4 each for Assaults and Heavies then each team should get 2 of each not stacking the teams so that one side has 2 to 3 times the armor/health/firepower of the other team.

#6 Puresin

• PipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 97 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 09:43 AM

I think PGI needs to re-evaluate this and move it to reflecting those games more accurately.

I know this is harder with a test server because there won't be as many who want to "test" something.

This is a prime example of a company trying to put a cost or part of "their job" onto the consumer and then trying to pull the wool over your eyes and make you think it is YOUR responsibility.

I.E. "if you want this you'll......insert ultimatim here.......or else you don't love or want to play this game"

Is this true? no. Did i pay for all these mechs to have to "test" or work out their glitches for them? no.

PGI. Please go back to being a gaming company. Not a greedy gaming company. we already have those.

If you want me to test something out for you. NUMBER ONE give me super awesome rewards. other wise you're asking me to come work for you and pay you to do it. (PGI does not pay your power or internet bills, so you are paying them to test if they don't repay you)

Also if you want the information gained to represent the actual gameplay you must re-create the actual gameplay.

we need to have 12 on 12's and the matchmaker must balance those. same as if we dropped the pug queue.

Now if there aren't enough people or whatever to do this. JUST SAY so. we can't run a test server with 12v12s cause there aren't enough people.
cool
i can live with that. no test server or ill tell all my buddies and we'll try to pump up the server so you can get the information needed.

I could go on for days.....

#7 Tier5 Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 07:28 PM

View PostDavegt27, on 14 July 2018 - 09:40 AM, said:

one drop for me
so at least I tried

but basically unplayable this video looks way better then it was in game

That's competely onto your computer, not PTS. Performance is the same for PTS and live versions. You haven't adjusted your settings or maybe summertime is causing little problems to you.

#8 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 14 July 2018 - 10:41 PM

View PostDavegt27, on 14 July 2018 - 09:40 AM, said:

one drop for me
so at least I tried

but basically unplayable this video looks way better then it was in game

That's worse than me with maxed settings on Forest... And I'm using a 5 year old mid-grade laptop. I think you need to check your settings, and if you're using a custom user.cfg on the Live you'll need to copy that over for the PTS.

#9 Puresin

• PipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 97 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 02:45 AM

I am not using any diff settings and the gameplay is freakin horrible. please stop lying.
Lag pops and big 5 second pauses.
I also know that both of the previous posters are just trying to kiss pgi's butt.
My computer is capable of high settings across the board.
the default loadup is med everything then i have to turn stuff up.

well in the PTS i have to turn everything on low and still get the pops and freezes.

please go try to act intelligent somewheres else. I grew up with the birth of computers and can program in BASIC even or all the way up to c++ and every other program out there.

I love how everyone wants to blame everything but the source.
PGI doesn't TEST anything. we do. they half *** everything and put it on us to fix.

btw if you ain't solving or helping get out.

#10 M1Combat

• PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 03:01 AM

If you don't like testing stuff you can just play live...

#11 Chados

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...over the Rainbow

Posted 15 July 2018 - 04:03 AM

I noticed lag spikes yesterday early evening U.S. Eastern time as well, but not as bad as OP reports.

The matchmaker is likely turned off to compensate for low population on the test realm. Otherwise you’d never get matches at all. I had several where the queue was 100% heavies.

#12 Puresin

• PipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 97 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 05:54 AM

Then how is it with Identical settings on the live server and the test server am i receiving these huge lag pops. hmmmm?
IDENTICAL settings, as in i sat down and copied every single setting and tried the same in the test server.
still horrible.

#13 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 15 July 2018 - 08:50 AM

Mine time on PTS with 2 accounts had zero issues.

#14 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 04:05 AM

View PostDavegt27, on 15 July 2018 - 08:21 AM, said:

what makes you say that?

I dropped into a regular match right after and everything was fine

why would I have to change my setting if the games are supposed to be essentially identical

PTS has it's own settings. Though if I've reading correcly the game displays it's FPS is fine, so it must be something outside the of game slowing it down.

View PostPuresin, on 15 July 2018 - 05:54 AM, said:

Then how is it with Identical settings on the live server and the test server am i receiving these huge lag pops. hmmmm?
IDENTICAL settings, as in i sat down and copied every single setting and tried the same in the test server.
still horrible.

Settings has to effect on lag/ping and that soft of stuff. Davegt27 clearly has FPS problem according to his video.

#15 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 16 July 2018 - 08:29 AM

View PostPuresin, on 15 July 2018 - 05:54 AM, said:

still horrible.

For a guy that claims to program in every language out there you seem to know very little about computers or test enviroments.

So, to quote a unwise man, go be intelligent somwheres else.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users