Clan Alpha Test

No replies to this topic

#1 DC13

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 10:49 AM

PublicTest - 152/CL269972 Alpha Balance Testing for Clan Laser and Gauss Rifle Adjustments:

For this test session I used three different mechs and four loadouts

MDD-RV “Revenant”
- 6 Heavy Medium Lasers
- 2 C-ER Large Lasers
- 1 Targeting Comp.MKI
- 13 C-Double Heatsinks

The only real change I noticed was the damage everything else about this build stayed the same.

MCII-DS “Deathstike”
- 2 C-Gauss Rifles
- 3 C-ER Medium Lasers
- 3 C-ER Large Lasers
- 5 C-Double Heatsinks

I’m not keen on what the Alpha build was but I went ahead and tested what I thought was the build with my own modifications: The C-Gauss Rifle with recoil only changes when I fire, generally at the end of the laser burn duration instead of initiating with a Gauss hit then burn. It does not change enough to warrant the recoil added. If it does make it to the game the IS-Gauss Rifle should have recoil for consistency. (The better tech weapon has recoil but the outdated Inner Sphere tech does not, why?)

DWF-W “Dire Wolf” Build 1
- 6 C-Large Pulse Lasers
- 3 C-ER Medium Lasers
- 18 C-Double Heatsinks

6 C-Large Pulse Lasers are brutal, firing 3 then 3 allows the mech to stay cool and really put out some DPS. (6 C-Large Pulse Lasers murders Light Legs all day) The heat for this build is a little hot though but with some proper management it can do work.

DWF-W “Dire Wolf” Build 2
- 9 C-ER Large Lasers (Yes Really)
- Targeting Computer.MKII
- 19 C-Double Heatsink

The DWF-W Plays like the 6 IS-Large Laser Stalker but with 858M range, while hotter than the 6 C-Large Pulse Lasers version it has the range to make up for its lack of mobility and speed. Firing 3 - 3 - 3 only rack up about 80~Ish heat. (With my current skill-tree build) but you cool down at a reasonable rate. You cannot alpha with this mech without instantly killing yourself. (With a coolshot you will survive for a few seconds). I like Both DWF-W Build 1 and 2 and with the Ghost Heat cap increase for Clan Large laser the Dire Wolf may be able to utilize different builds beyond the “Dakka builds”

I did not test the C-ER Medium Lasers because it is apparent that they are over nerfed and will need to be re tuned. Personally I don’t care for the nerfs (And one buff, the C-Large Laser Ghost Heat cap increase is good, perhaps it would be a good idea to increase the IS-Large Laser Ghost Heat cap to 4). Clan lasers should be better than there IS counterparts overall but these nerfs are too much with little or no compensation.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users