Yeah, a new bolt-on.

It's pretty cool, TBH

#22 Black Ivan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 11:20 PM

Event would have been good at launch, not that it is empty....

#23 MrKvola

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 329 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 12:14 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 17 July 2018 - 04:37 PM, said:

<snip>

D V, you are simply not correct on all your points.

Literally everybody can finish the challenge. If more people dropped in Solaris then matchmaker could actually use ELO to match players. If there are let's say 3 other players in the queue, all of which have 200+ higher ELO than you... well the matchmaker will choose the lowest ranked one, but still above your paygrade. While I agree that it could take a few days for the ELO levels to get back on track.

PGI: here's an idea: how about transferring 10-20% of the ELO from one season to the next? It would give the playerbase some starting ELO differentiation, so after season reset the matchmaker would have at least a chance to work properly?

Funny thing is that if more non-competitive players dropped more then they would find their equals in skill more easily. And the matches would be more fun for everybody participating. It is not much fun defeating somebody too easily. On the other hand winning a match with 2 bullets remaining, or below 20% health... well that is rewarding.

This event is shutting out nobody. It is you shutting out yourself.

Your rating is just incorrect.

Worst part of your bad, bad (and just bad) post is that you are actually making things worse for everybody by needlessly trying to scare people away from the event. The game mode can be fun for the comp crowd as well as the casuals, there just has to be a sufficient playerbase in the queues to feed the matchmaker so the matches are better balanced.

I dropped in Solaris with loadouts that would not be even remotely considered "meta" for a division and won. I dropped with "meta" loadouts and got my *** handed to me. Still had fun doing it and got a chance to improve myself even after all the years spent playing this game.

Edited by MrKvola, 18 July 2018 - 12:15 AM.

#24 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 18 July 2018 - 12:28 AM

View PostJonathan8883, on 17 July 2018 - 05:58 PM, said:

Oh, have they fixed 2v2 so that it has a PUG mode instead of relying on the "Friends" function that most of us don't use?

View PostDarkFhoenix, on 17 July 2018 - 10:47 PM, said:

Eeeeeek , I never played 2 v 2 in my life .

Bring your own opfor! Use one of the voice comm hubs to find more players, ask if any are interested in solaris and go from there.
I've actually been pushing for HHOD to run 2v2s as brawl training, with some degree of success. It's much more fun when you've got 2-6 other guys in the same channel chatting about the builds and strategy, then laughing at the outcomes .

#25 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 12:46 AM

I'm not wasting time on the 2v2... its only crappy warhorns and piddling cbills. The 7 kills, 7 wins, 7 matches... thats simple. The only good horns are awarded for those anyway. I MAY chase the 7 divisions of 1v1 but I'm only doing it to get that out of the way at the start of the season when people are actually in the queues of solaris. I won't touch solaris again barring another event until the next season reset.

Edited by Dee Eight, 18 July 2018 - 12:50 AM.

#26 Cazador88

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 125 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 18 July 2018 - 02:35 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 18 July 2018 - 12:46 AM, said:

I'm not wasting time on the 2v2... its only crappy warhorns and piddling cbills. The 7 kills, 7 wins, 7 matches... thats simple. The only good horns are awarded for those anyway. I MAY chase the 7 divisions of 1v1 but I'm only doing it to get that out of the way at the start of the season when people are actually in the queues of solaris. I won't touch solaris again barring another event until the next season reset.

Same here, already did those 1v1 objectives. Div 7 took me the most time because i could only use that crap trial uziel because i have a blackjack 1x but apparently you cant take that into division 7 just a few other variants. What kind of ****** up logic is that?!

#27 Cazador88

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 125 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 18 July 2018 - 03:21 AM

Atleast the music is good while you wait and had my fun when a guy critted all my weapons and he ran out of ammo so we rammed each other to death. Another good thing is i learned that im not the worst player in the game :D. Certainly not playing the mode again for a long time im mainly here for the team game aspect.

#28 Jonathan8883

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 708 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 04:23 AM

View Posttollas669, on 18 July 2018 - 02:35 AM, said:

Same here, already did those 1v1 objectives. Div 7 took me the most time because i could only use that crap trial uziel because i have a blackjack 1x but apparently you cant take that into division 7 just a few other variants. What kind of ****** up logic is that?!

Ah, maybe that's why my Spider had so many Uziels to eat last night.

#29 Genesis23

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 227 posts
  • LocationKanton Bern, Switzerland

Posted 18 July 2018 - 05:12 AM

View PostKrocodockle, on 17 July 2018 - 04:18 PM, said:

Ban lights

let me guess: you took the heaviest mech you could find, stuffed as much weapons as you possibly could in it and then wondered why you got your shiny metal backside handed to you by some random light mech? :D

maybe try with a balanced mech next time, i personally would prefer heavier mediums (55t) for such an occasion.

#30 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 18 July 2018 - 05:34 AM

View Posttollas669, on 18 July 2018 - 02:35 AM, said:

i have a blackjack 1x but apparently you cant take that into division 7 just a few other variants. What kind of ****** up logic is that?!
The kind of logic that recognizes their disparity in performance. The only BJ variant you can take into Div 7 is the BJ-1, the BJ-1X has both the highest engine cap and mounts the largest number of energy weapons making it obviously superior.
If you check the division listings, you will see that BJ variants are spread between four different divisions, and PGI decided to slot the 1X in Div 4 (TBH I wouldn't agree on that, it's clearly set for SPL boating along with PXH-1K, and the latter landed in Div 5).

#31 Dorkwis

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 05:40 AM

So, yeah, knocked out most of the 1v1 just last night. NBD, and thanks to my various opponents for the matches.

One thought, and forgive me if this has been bounced around before as I don't keep up on these forums...

Why not cycle through the divisions on certain days instead of having them run concurrently? Seven divs, seven days or something to that effect. That way the limited population would all be concentrated, etc etc
Any variation of that could work, be it 3 weeks of one div, or just 24 hours at a time. It would also put more pressure on for people to play when their chosen div came up. "Oh ****! It's time for DIV1! I need to get my KDK down to the arena!"

I was on a forced hiatus when S7 initially dropped, but I was excited when it was announced and disappointed to find it DOA. I'd love it to have a little life breathed back into it.

#32 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 18 July 2018 - 05:44 AM

Lucky me... from all those things, only the Worksite Warhorn is worth to participate... so... I need to choose which of my LRM-boat will go there... to die... hmm.. not easy... not at all...

#33 Cazador88

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 125 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 18 July 2018 - 05:46 AM

View PostHorseman, on 18 July 2018 - 05:34 AM, said:

The kind of logic that recognizes their disparity in performance. The only BJ variant you can take into Div 7 is the BJ-1, the BJ-1X has both the highest engine cap and mounts the largest number of energy weapons making it obviously superior.
If you check the division listings, you will see that BJ variants are spread between four different divisions, and PGI decided to slot the 1X in Div 4 (TBH I wouldn't agree on that, it's clearly set for SPL boating along with PXH-1K, and the latter landed in Div 5).

I got put up against a Cicada with 4 medium pulses. I don't think i'll have to write it down how that went with that trial Uziel. Meh nevermind it was just wierd to me why i cant take in a 1x but thanks for the details.

#34 GamerPro4000

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationSian

Posted 18 July 2018 - 06:35 AM

If anyone can clearify this, there is not public 2v2 matches. A person has to group up with a player on their friends list and join the Solaris 2v2 que?

#35 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 18 July 2018 - 07:09 AM

View PostGamerPro4000, on 18 July 2018 - 06:35 AM, said:

If anyone can clearify this, there is not public 2v2 matches.
Correct.

A person has to group up with a player on their friends list and join the Solaris 2v2 que?
Or a unit member, or a group / player from the LFG queue (although I doubt many are looking for solaris pairs, it's perhaps worth looking into)

Edited by Horseman, 18 July 2018 - 07:09 AM.

#36 KrocodockleTheBooBoxLoader-GetIn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 337 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 08:42 AM

Kiting is really bad in Solaris. I enjoy the brawl and the shielding and all that. Just ban the lights that hide all match it's annoying... AND [Redacted] MAKE THOSE [Redacted] LRMS DIRECT FIRE. they're literally worthless right now

Edited by draiocht, 18 July 2018 - 08:51 PM.
inappropriate language

#37 Zeoraimer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 181 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 08:51 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 17 July 2018 - 11:15 PM, said:

Yeah, a new bolt-on.

It's pretty cool, TBH

http://www.sarna.net...File:Zeus_X.jpg

#38 Fae Puka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 09:06 AM

Seriously - fix what you broke in this latest patch before trying to cover it up with yet another series of events! Ebon Jag is wrecked following a mysterious b@lls up that have left them virtually unplayable; you've acknowledged this - but emphasis is on not doing anything to repair what shouldn't have been touched in the first place.

#39 Brauer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 09:16 AM

View Posttollas669, on 18 July 2018 - 05:46 AM, said:

I got put up against a Cicada with 4 medium pulses. I don't think i'll have to write it down how that went with that trial Uziel. Meh nevermind it was just wierd to me why i cant take in a 1x but thanks for the details.

The Uziel 3P is actually pretty good in its division when built properly. A couple of players in the top 20 last season ran it. It got me into the top 500 for GXP with a variation on their build (I haven't quite tried their exact build). I don't know that I ever ran into a cicada in it, but that match-up doesn't strike me as bad at all.

I do get your frustration with how the divisions can make it hard if you don't have the right mech for a div. I have that problem in div 4 myself.

#40 KrocodockleTheBooBoxLoader-GetIn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 337 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 12:29 PM

View PostMummyPig, on 18 July 2018 - 09:06 AM, said:

Seriously - fix what you broke in this latest patch before trying to cover it up with yet another series of events! Ebon Jag is wrecked following a mysterious b@lls up that have left them virtually unplayable; you've acknowledged this - but emphasis is on not doing anything to repair what shouldn't have been touched in the first place.

Seriously what happened there???? Who wanted to see all EBJ cockpit and thought that was a good idea???? Total jackass move pgi

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users