9 replies to this topic

#1 SlippnGriff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 220 posts
  • LocationSpud farm

Posted 25 July 2018 - 06:54 PM

first nerf anni because of solaris in quickplay... now you want to nerf again, nice meme
nerf a walking CT (armor only made the fafnir viable plus you still gotta almost overtwist to spread any damage)
And the cyclops which shouldn't be changed since its one of the few mechs right where it should be. I still think its a little squishy but it NOT need a nerf

just stop pls

#2 KodiakGW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 25 July 2018 - 07:34 PM

Glad I talked myself out of the Sleipnir.

And the Fafnir gets the Kodiak treatment.....NO CT FOR YOU!

#3 S O L A I S

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 390 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 25 July 2018 - 08:08 PM

I don't play quick play but in CW where you get teams using Anni's on defense, the armor is ridiculous. They have decent firepower and dps plus they are already a 100 tons, so having extra armor on top makes zero sense to me especially when Clan mechs with decent enough dps to deal with them are very limited.

Think that is one of the issues with this game is we now have three modes that are very different to try and balance mechs around. While in quick play where a 100 ton assault may need that armor while they are left alone by their 'team', in CW six or seven Anni's on Vitric Forge or Sulfurous Rift is right now way too OP. Especially since this PTS is aiming to deal with these high alpha outliers, which will trickle down and make it even more difficult for Clan mechs to compete.

Glad to see Bushies on there too and really the IV4 and Roughnecks need less armor as well. Slepnir I am not too sure about since it is going up against Mad Cat mk2's which I think will lose out if defensive quirks are reduced.

#4 B L O O D W I T C H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 07:53 AM

Sleipnir is ungodly good, needed to get tuned down a bit.

#5 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,496 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 26 July 2018 - 09:05 AM

Basically the main dual Heavy Gauss IS assaults got nerfed with this.

#6 Mister Maf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 351 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 26 July 2018 - 11:33 AM

Yep the main targets of this change are clearly the main 2xhgauss mechs, the continued prevalence of which are a common counterpoint among clanners who argue against clan nerfs. How this will play out in quickplay and Solaris we shall see, but the Bushwacker has definitely been slated for a nerf for awhile. A touch up to the enormous legs on the thing wouldn't be unwelcome, though.

#7 BROARL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 301 posts
  • Locationcommunity warfare

Posted 26 July 2018 - 03:52 PM

does nerfing increase our player base or decrease it?
i think we all know the answers, unfortunately.

put some effort into something which may increase activity, there is no need to amplify the crying.

#8 Eisenhorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 26 July 2018 - 08:22 PM

View PostS O L A I S, on 25 July 2018 - 08:08 PM, said:

I don't play quick play but in CW where you get teams using Anni's on defense, the armor is ridiculous. They have decent firepower and dps plus they are already a 100 tons, so having extra armor on top makes zero sense to me especially when Clan mechs with decent enough dps to deal with them are very limited.

Think that is one of the issues with this game is we now have three modes that are very different to try and balance mechs around. While in quick play where a 100 ton assault may need that armor while they are left alone by their 'team', in CW six or seven Anni's on Vitric Forge or Sulfurous Rift is right now way too OP. Especially since this PTS is aiming to deal with these high alpha outliers, which will trickle down and make it even more difficult for Clan mechs to compete.

Glad to see Bushies on there too and really the IV4 and Roughnecks need less armor as well. Slepnir I am not too sure about since it is going up against Mad Cat mk2's which I think will lose out if defensive quirks are reduced.

ANH maybe need a slight armor tweak down, but they are also slow and don't mount nearly as much firepower as clan mechs (even though they do have quite formidable weaponry). They need to be at least a little bit tankier than clan mechs, hopefully PGI doesn't nerf them into the ground.

Slepnir only has structure quirks anyway, which feel basically useless, so go ahead and nerf that, it doesn't matter.

#9 SmokedJag

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 05:49 AM

Annihilator shouldn't have armor quirks on top of its geometry. It has very favorable torso hitboxes, see here (p.46):

https://drive.google...DdhQWdZMWM/view

The effective HP of the CT of the Annihilator is enormous because even slight shot spread/drift or rotation puts damage onto the STs instead.

#10 ACH75

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 251 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 10:13 AM

Annihilator just remove or decrease the CT armor bonus

Atlas needs more armor buffs (...and conversion of every structure in armor buffs normalizing all versions)

Sleipnir is fine to me

Mauler needs more CT armor buff

Banshees need same armor buffs as the S variant plus little more CT armor

Nightstar more CT+ST armor buffs (no arms, no legs buff)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users