Balance Metagame Mode

22 replies to this topic

#21 Bulletsponge0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,947 posts

Posted 29 July 2018 - 08:17 AM

any attempt at balancing the game is doomed to fail until PGI fixes the inconsistent hit reg and more importantly the matchmaker. You can't really take the data accumulated from QP or GQ when teams are horrible unbalanced due to low population and the use of a junk metric like PSR

#22 Kroete

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 29 July 2018 - 08:46 AM

View PostFloyd Foster, on 28 July 2018 - 09:36 AM, said:

The current state after the lrm buffs is the worst i have seen since closed beta.

Little less heat, little more spread for clrms = more time to a kill with more ammo used
If you call that a buff, [Redacted].

View PostFloyd Foster, on 28 July 2018 - 11:50 PM, said:

Personally i had more fun during the other lurm phases than now.

Give me the spriraling artemis, 90 degree turning, 2 damage lrms back?

Great, but [Redacted] about a nerf (you call it buff) and then wanting lrms be at least double as dangerous then the firework we have now?

If i read this, i understand why pgi dont listen to the players!

Edited by draiocht, 31 July 2018 - 03:13 PM.
unconstructive

#23 F1oyd

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 171 posts

Posted 29 July 2018 - 10:53 AM

View PostKroete, on 29 July 2018 - 08:46 AM, said:

Little less heat, little more spread for clrms = more time to a kill with more ammo used
If you call that a buff, [Redacted].

Give me the spriraling artemis, 90 degree turning, 2 damage lrms back?

Great, but [Redacted] about a nerf (you call it buff) and then wanting lrms be at least double as dangerous then the firework we have now?

If i read this, i understand why pgi dont listen to the players!

No need to get personal. BTW the lrm velocity got buffed 2 or 3 patches ago and the latest buff was a reduction of the heat and more ammo per ton. If that aren`t buffs i do not know?!

I never said that the lurmageddons of the past were great nor that i want lrms to be like they were back then. I said that i had more fun with the game at that point. That is all. Have you played lately? Do you like the current state? If so great for you. I don't.

I think it is stupid to get lurmed from out of nowhere as soon as anybody got a lock on you. The gameplay in QP suffers because ppl hide in cover (understandable) because the acid rain kills you pretty quickly if you get lurmed by 2-3 lrm60-80 boats as soon as you stick your head out. And that is what happens in many games in tier one right now. Many Lurmers play very passive too and do not share armor nor try to get their own locks. That makes game stale and boring imo.

If you play group queue or FP you face teams rollin with narc mechs and lrms. That is pretty frustrating because oftentimes there is no way to counter the narc in time before you are rained to death with lurms. In FP teams know the map before they select their mechs. Have you played on Caustic or Polar Lurmlands against an organized stack lately? It is ridiculous.

Playing lurms is boring too imo and playing against them is annoying. But lurms are not the only problem imo. They are more or less at the end of a line. I think the game was in a much better state before the rescale. And that is what i stated in my first input here.

Edited by draiocht, 31 July 2018 - 03:16 PM.
Quote Clean-Up

14 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users