Turn And Burn - The Vapor Eagle Pre-Order Is Here!

129 replies to this topic

#41 Bluttrunken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 830 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 09:15 PM

My only gripe with this thing that it will be bigger than an Enforcer, a good deal bigger if they keep it as lean as in the artwork and it will probably look like **** because of that. Otherwise it's an interesting mech. Nice hardpoint selection, max engine cap, JJ's, good assortement of hardpoints, you can do something different on every mech.

Edited by Bluttrunken, 01 August 2018 - 09:15 PM.

#42 CH4CH

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 09:20 PM

The Phoenix Hawk's rival right? BTW, where are the Comstar's or WOB's mech designs??

#43 Grottenolm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 300 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGermany / NRW

Posted 01 August 2018 - 09:55 PM

What is this ? This Design doesn´t even get close to the Original.
Did your Designer get a glimpse on the technical Readout or did they just model a mech and printed a random Mechname to it ?
And the Harpoint-loadout of the Hero is a joke, right ? Less hardpoints than any other variant in exchange for MASC ?

http://cfw.sarna.net...=20130501055829

Edited by Grottenolm, 01 August 2018 - 10:04 PM.

#44 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 01 August 2018 - 10:02 PM

View PostCommander James Raynor, on 01 August 2018 - 04:37 PM, said:

It's a GREAT looking mech, as always, but I have to agree with the previous comments: with the unfair clan nerfs that you keep trying to get passed means no more pre-order... sadly.

they keep wanting to TEST them, which you could help do instead of whining about it. Go test them, and you'd prove to PGI WHY they shouldn't happen, rather than just posting repeatedly on here and not doing a damn thing.

#45 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 01 August 2018 - 10:02 PM

Looks more like a slimmer Peregrine.

#46 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 10:06 PM

View PostGrottenolm, on 01 August 2018 - 09:55 PM, said:

What is this ? This Design doesn´t even get close to the Original.
Did your Designer get a glimpse on the technical Readout or did they just model a mech and printed a random Mechname to it ?
And the Harpoint-loadout of the Hero is a joke, right ? Less hardpoints than any other variant in exchange for MASC ?

Apparently you're blind, because Alex's version IS pretty close to the original. Same Legs, Same "Shoulders of Doom", Even roughly same placement on the Torso Lasers and SRMs, and the Arms match up too. literally the ONLY part that's really changed is the Head, and the old Vapor Eagle's cockpit looked like @#$% anyways, given you'd have a thin window that's.. what... about six inches wide to look out?

Compare that pic to this one from the Store page: https://mwomercs.com...vapor-eagle.jpg

if you can't see the similarities in the designs, I have a feeling you get Atlases, Banshees and Executioners confused a lot too.

Edited by Arkhangel, 01 August 2018 - 10:10 PM.

#47 Kaeb Odellas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationKill the meat, save the metal

Posted 01 August 2018 - 10:10 PM

This mech is gorgeous!

#48 Black Ivan

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 10:39 PM

I would buy, but PTS nerfs, sorry wallet closed.

PGI find better ways to balance and I would probably start spending money again

#49 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 01 August 2018 - 11:02 PM

So is this an inner sphere mech because it's loaded with Inner sphere weapons and yet an inner sphere ATM????? WHUT???

I actually get Dire wolves and warhawks confused, at first glance.

View PostArkhangel, on 01 August 2018 - 10:02 PM, said:

they keep wanting to TEST them, which you could help do instead of whining about it. Go test them, and you'd prove to PGI WHY they shouldn't happen, rather than just posting repeatedly on here and not doing a damn thing.
Coming from a freebirth Barbarian of the Inner sphere voids your argument.... you do not know what it is to be a clanner and you cannot have the same experience.

View PostArkhangel, on 01 August 2018 - 10:06 PM, said:

Apparently you're blind, because Alex's version IS pretty close to the original. Same Legs, Same "Shoulders of Doom", Even roughly same placement on the Torso Lasers and SRMs, and the Arms match up too. literally the ONLY part that's really changed is the Head, and the old Vapor Eagle's cockpit looked like @#$% anyways, given you'd have a thin window that's.. what... about six inches wide to look out?

Compare that pic to this one from the Store page: https://mwomercs.com...vapor-eagle.jpg

if you can't see the similarities in the designs, I have a feeling you get Atlases, Banshees and Executioners confused a lot too.
The MWO design is a little less angled, sharp....

View PostCH4CH, on 01 August 2018 - 09:20 PM, said:

The Phoenix Hawk's rival right? BTW, where are the Comstar's or WOB's mech designs??
It's not the jihad yet.

View PostAppogee, on 01 August 2018 - 06:22 PM, said:

I'll need to see some more investment in MWO from PGI before I make any further investment in it.

Improving FP, zero-basing the PSR system, and creating Many More Maps, should be top of my agenda.

(Endless spreadsheet changes to weapon, armor and quirk values don't constitute 'investment'. That's just shuffling deckchairs.)
Not buying Anything until they fix the game and stop nerfing clans..... i want my 450 meter CERMDL's back...also the latest buff to LRms have made the air a hailstorm of missiles, does PGI even play the game or listen to players?

Edited by KursedVixen, 01 August 2018 - 11:08 PM.

#50 Eiswolf

• Fury
  • Fury
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationRedfield

Posted 01 August 2018 - 11:07 PM

*Wallet open*

All Mechs can Select by ala Card?
No?
Okay.

*Wallet closed*

Waiting on C-Bills Relaise.

#51 Kasumi Sumika

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,118 posts
  • LocationFeeding the Fires of Rubicon

Posted 01 August 2018 - 11:42 PM

Posted Image

My most requested mech is here!

And now we have 55 ton Clan Medium that not ugly! :D

#52 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 01:10 AM

View PostKursedVixen, on 01 August 2018 - 11:02 PM, said:

So is this an inner sphere mech because it's loaded with Inner sphere weapons and yet an inner sphere ATM????? WHUT???

I actually get Dire wolves and warhawks confused, at first glance.

Coming from a freebirth Barbarian of the Inner sphere voids your argument.... you do not know what it is to be a clanner and you cannot have the same experience.

The MWO design is a little less angled, sharp....

It's not the jihad yet.

Not buying Anything until they fix the game and stop nerfing clans..... i want my 450 meter CERMDL's back...also the latest buff to LRms have made the air a hailstorm of missiles, does PGI even play the game or listen to players?

You assume I've never piloted or own a Clan Mech, Trashborn. I have, and do. fact is, if you TEST THE STUFF AND SHOW THE NERFS DON'T WORK LIKE PGI ASSUMES THEY WILL, the stuff'll never get off the PTS. @#$%^&ing about it HERE is going to do 4/5s of F-All to prevent it going live, because you're not doing anything to prevent it.

#53 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 01:13 AM

View PostBlack Ivan, on 01 August 2018 - 10:39 PM, said:

I would buy, but PTS nerfs, sorry wallet closed.

PGI find better ways to balance and I would probably start spending money again

I find it hilarious when people say "Wallet closed" when they're talking about PGI testing POSSIBLE changes. that's like saying "I Won't go outside because i might get hit by lightning!"..... in the middle of a dry summer heatwave.

#54 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,600 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 01:30 AM

View PostArkhangel, on 02 August 2018 - 01:13 AM, said:

I find it hilarious when people say "Wallet closed" when they're talking about PGI testing POSSIBLE changes. that's like saying "I Won't go outside because i might get hit by lightning!"..... in the middle of a dry summer heatwave.

You know... lightning storms in summer are not so very unusual... meteorologically... Posted Image

#55 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 01:37 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 02 August 2018 - 01:30 AM, said:

You know... lightning storms in summer are not so very unusual... meteorologically... Posted Image

I'm aware, but the point is, they're making decisions on conjecture, not stuff that's actually happening.

#56 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,600 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 01:46 AM

I know, i know...

#57 Leon Ward

• PipPipPip
  • Hero of Wolf
  • Hero of Wolf
  • 82 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 01:56 AM

Sry PGI bit WITH the Clan Nerf all the Time ist the first Clanmech i do not buy. And the Vapor Eagle is one of my Favorit Mech in CBT

#58 MurghSharduk

• PipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 02:22 AM

About Clan nerfs and Faction War:

https://mwomercs.com...oming-podcasts/

#59 Grottenolm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 300 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGermany / NRW

Posted 02 August 2018 - 02:37 AM

View PostArkhangel, on 01 August 2018 - 10:06 PM, said:

The only thing that match the original is the machinegun-array in his fist and the shoulder-SSRM.
The shoulderplates are much smaller, no hip-plates, the torsohardpoints are spread around, new jumpjets on the back and no plate behind the head.
And: Yes, the small old head was not quite realistic but it is the main design that represent the look of a mech. Changing the head means changing the whole design.

https://www.facebook...59735684&type=3

Edited by Grottenolm, 02 August 2018 - 02:53 AM.

#60 Ensaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 831 posts
  • LocationOn a frozen rock .....

Posted 02 August 2018 - 03:31 AM

No thanks.... wallet closed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users