Bug Objective Affecting

17 replies to this topic

#1 QueenBlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 710 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 03:57 PM

During last night's comp drops we encountered a bug with a capture point that ended up costing us the match due to giving the enemy team extra points.

https://youtu.be/aizb9lWij9k

Game Clock: 7:02 Gamma point goes neutral on HUD and mini map
at 7:00, point goes to red on mini map but stays neutral on HUD when LCT damages WLF and proceeds to continue giving red team 3 points for 2 cap points.
at 6:47 Gamma neutralizes a second time on mini map
however, enemy score keeps increasing by 3.
at 6:26, Epsilon is neutralized and can be observed tick rate drops to 2, indicating that Epsilon was removed as intended, but Gamma continues to give points to red team.
at 6:10, game is considered over with Gamma still giving points to red team, but then the point suddenly changes over to neutral then blue within a second.

Teams take caution as this can affect the outcome of your matches very much like the heat bug. I recommend recording your matches and submit them to PGI when/if they happen.

In our situation, if Gamma didn't give the red team an extra 31 points we would of had about 52 seconds to neutralize Sigma, which we were doing at the point the match ended.

#2 NARC BAIT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 August 2018 - 08:47 PM

not a new bug, however it rarely manifests itself

pretty sure the issue comes about because the HUD rounds up/down whereas the engine does not, the engine tracks who owns what with a value range between 0 and 1 to an accuracy of 6 decimal places .... the HUD, does not use the same system, and will show incorrect values when the numbers are 'almost' 0, but not quite

in 20,000 games, I've seen this maybe a dozen times, its especially stand out when the HUD says your winning, but the points are not obeying the HUD

#3 Tzinjo

Rookie

• WC 2017 Qualifier
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 10:11 PM

Capture points being different than the display shows happens a lot. I can recall multiple games out of the top of my head where the points where shown different for some players and others had a correct display. That might be connected to (death)spectator mode though so I am not sure if thats the same bug responsible for the reaccuring phenomen you stumbled upon.

#4 TheMagician

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 779 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 06:36 AM

Hard to say who would have won, given that the opposing team still had 3 mechs left and would have only needed to get 1 cap to take it.

The bug is unfortunate, but it happens. So does the bug where the UI shows it as switching to neutral, but still gives points to the prior holder. Yes, it would be nice if they could address these bugs after 3+ years, but I don't see it happening.

#5 QueenBlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 710 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 09:27 AM

This isn't a matter of who could have won, its a matter that a bug had a negative effect on the outcome of a match in a tournament where there is cash prizes as well as other items. If anything the match results should be removed.

#6 QueenBlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 710 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 10:29 AM

https://gfycat.com/Q...erlyBigDormouse

Here it is happening again on a different drop on Grim.

This time the Sigma cap point continued to give the enemy team an extra point while it was neutral until it turned blue.

#7 TheMagician

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 779 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 11:39 AM

It definitely needs to be fixed.

#8 Colonel ONeill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 662 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 August 2018 - 01:55 PM

If I remember right, we told them several times about the heat bug last year. Was quite hard to get it solved. Even the finals had a bugged game I think.

I personally just smile about this, as I don't care that much anymore, but good luck.

#9 QueenBlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 710 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 10:10 PM

We continue to provide them footage of it happening. Its happened again, this time on Mining Collective.

#10 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 09:00 PM

Strangely the cap point showed as blue for some people on the team but not everyone.

I've seen it several times before in MRBC and just regular QP conquest - it looks neutral up top but some people see it as blue on the map and on the compass, some don't.

#11 Marius Evander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 05 August 2018 - 02:10 PM

Better post this thread to at least 3 different peoples twitters if you want it to be recieved Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#12 QueenBlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 710 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 08:59 AM

Bug happened last night in our match against ISEN on Caustic. Both Kappa and Epsilon bugged where we were still gaining 5 points when we only had 3 capped.

#13 QueenBlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 710 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 06:58 AM

https://mwomercs.com...or-13-aug-2018/

Thank you

#14 Sader326

Rookie

• Moderate Giver
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 03:41 AM

View PostQueenBlade, on 11 August 2018 - 06:58 AM, said:

Thank you

We are not done yet. There are more bugs that can potentially affect the outcome of a match.
Here's what I encountered about a month ago.
Faction play, Alpine, conquest.
I was piloting my pirate bane equipped with stealth armor. I was shot and my ECM got destroyed while stealth was still turned on. After that I was trying to cap sigma, but the cap just won't start.
It's pretty obvious that when I turned on my stealth the game checked some "can't cap" flag as true and when my ECM got destroyed it did not uncheck it. It was waiting for me to turn stealth off which I could not do since stealth switch became disabled.

#15 Jackal Noble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 13 August 2018 - 09:52 AM

Oh boy. My most serious condolences! Posted Image

Edited by Jackal Noble, 13 August 2018 - 10:01 AM.

#16 Colonel ONeill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 662 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 August 2018 - 01:03 PM

The capture-bug is still present. Not sure if it should have been fixed, don't really keep track anymore.

#17 QueenBlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 710 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 07:06 PM

Seeing the return of the cap bug tonight. Did someone overwrite a branch when you guys deployed today?

#18 McGoat

Banned -Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 629 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 11:09 AM

We also saw it last night.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users