Faction Play - A New Hope (Pgi Taking Input)

1163 replies to this topic

#1041 Isaiah Kell

• PipPipPip
  • Hero of Davion
  • Hero of Davion
  • 68 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 07:01 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 17 June 2019 - 04:22 AM, said:

Yeah seems like it. I mean my mates were just in a 4-man, going against teams on the side. TEAMS - larger teams. They didn't stack the group, they just played it hard. I mean now players are meant to "some how know" and balance 2 v 2 when it's only 4 of them online for what end? Ridiculous. I even dropped SOLO a couple nights back and almost was enough to tip over a 10man. Only needed one decent player with me and it would've been a win no drama... People should NOT be punishing to wanting to play with mates. But when you do play in small teams that, even then, isn't enough? You do that you've just killed the mode entirely. Thankfully - that won't happen.

I agree. You're never going to get friends to stop playing together.

The problem with this game, from the new player's perspective, is that there are sooooo many unknown unknowns. I am still learning about this game despite being a daily player for 4 years. This is the most complex robot simulation game ever made, that's part of its appeal. This is why what needs to happen, is the new players need to be taught all the things that they don't know. They need to learn WHY their builds and behaviors are terribad. They need to accept that the Vapor Eagle I saw the other day with 3x LMG and an LB10x is an awful build (just an example of how little a player can know about this game).

The best thing about this game, from an older player's perspective is the exact same thing--Our old dogs, our "A Crew"--We know our stuff. We have paid our dues and we know 99% of what there is to know about the game from constant diligence. We don't want the good teams split up. I don't super mega hate the teams that beat us because of super awesome skill, it's more because half of them are just trash human beings, mean trolly people. I like playing against top tier teams all night, I don't care if we get beat repeatedly, because this helps me to teach our more newb and stubborn players that you have to:
1. Learn the interface
2. Don't make stupid mistakes (builds, decks, behaviors)
3. Follow the call
5. Play the game our way and don't give in to enemy tactics
6. O yeah, that build is actually crap--don't bring it

There's no cure for poor game behavior like an *** whuppin'. I give free cookies away (Premium Time, GSP, etc) to pilots who come to our FW clinic. Even the people who are used to beating us every night, if they are watching our scores and performance, has got to admit that HHoD is improving quite well, and soon we will be beating those top tier teams more than we already do. It just takes a long time to get everyone on the same page when half our unit is green and the other half is str8 up badasses (with some in-betweens)

In summary: Do you really think this game will survive if PGI doesn't let friends play together? Get Good. If your game performance is truly a question of ability, i.e., you simply can't get 1,000 damage and 4 kills in FP, then okay, you get a pass. But if it's a question of choice, i.e., you CHOOSE to run crap builds and use crap behaviors, then I have a problem with you nerfing my group of friends (or anyone else's group of friends).

o7
respect (except you mean troll people, you don't deserve respect)

Edited by Isaiah Kell, 11 January 2020 - 07:12 AM.

#1042 Isaiah Kell

• PipPipPip
  • Hero of Davion
  • Hero of Davion
  • 68 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 07:06 AM

This is what PGI needs to do:

1. Bring back tagging planets, with MC payouts for units
2. Give IS ERLL a tad bit of a buff
3. Do NOT buff capture points or objective bases
5. Fix the damn heat glitch/feature/whateveryoucallit (it acts like stealth armor, might check the code...)
6. Kick back and drink a molson, job well done
7. CENSORED im not supposed to talk about that, but another molson for PGI if that-which-cannot-be-named can be implemented in the game

Edited by Isaiah Kell, 11 January 2020 - 07:19 AM.

#1043 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 07:33 AM

IS ERLL is VERY strong on the correct mechs.

Certain objectives absolutely should be buffed.

#1044 Isaiah Kell

• PipPipPip
  • Hero of Davion
  • Hero of Davion
  • 68 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 07:38 AM

View PostPrototelis, on 11 January 2020 - 07:33 AM, said:

IS ERLL is VERY strong on the correct mechs.

Certain objectives absolutely should be buffed.

Again? Okay, so IS ERLL.. currently, for it to be viable, this recipe must be conformed to:
1. High weapon mounts
2. Large targeting computer
3. 10% range quirk

you don't see any problem with this?

and then it's still outranged min 100m by clan ERLL.

still not seeing a problem with this?

It's only viably used on a handful of mechs (Stalker-5S, BLR-1G, and like one other mech). But no, it is currently barely usable at all.

are we seeing a problem with this yet?

They have already buffed the objectives, you got what you want already. Stow it.

Edited by Isaiah Kell, 11 January 2020 - 07:44 AM.

#1045 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 07:43 AM

View PostIsaiah Kell, on 11 January 2020 - 07:38 AM, said:

Again? Okay, so IS ERLL.. for it to be viable this recipe must be conformed to:
1. High weapon mounts
3. 10% range quirk

Higher ghost heat limit. All of the good ERLL mechs alpha 5 at a time, doing more damage in less time then any clan mech with high mounts and ERLL.

It's only viably used on a handful of mechs (Stalker-5S, BLR-1G, and like one other mech). But no, it is currently barely usable at all.

Wow you guys managed to learn two of the good ERLL mechs. Good job.

(PS, the ANH 1p doesn't get the 10% bonus and is still absolutely one of the most savage ERLL trade mechs in FP. You can literally look at a hellbringer to death, because the range difference doesn't mean squat when you're beaming a 2x2 ERLL clan mech with 5 ERLL at a time over and over again.

They have already buffed the objectives, you got what you want already. Stow it.

Cool, they can buff them more.

Edited by Prototelis, 11 January 2020 - 07:46 AM.

#1046 Isaiah Kell

• PipPipPip
  • Hero of Davion
  • Hero of Davion
  • 68 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 07:51 AM

At this point, you usual suspects have gotten enough of what you want. They need to favor the new players over us old dogs. and nerfing alternative win conditions is only giving you what you want more. PGI--the 99% (the newer players) probably don't even realize this forum even exists, so I'm gonna speak up for them. Don't nerf the alt win cons. Don't let the comp players transform all matches into deathmatch only. Remember, the last time you listened to them, it put MWO on life support. We have a chance here. There is a new influx of new players and old players returning due to MW5. Don't listen to them again, or you will regret it.

Edited by Isaiah Kell, 11 January 2020 - 07:58 AM.

#1047 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 07:53 AM

lol wut

#1048 SneekiBreeki

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 358 posts
  • LocationI came here to laugh at you.(^・ω・^)

Posted 11 January 2020 - 07:58 AM

View PostIsaiah Kell, on 11 January 2020 - 07:51 AM, said:

Remember, the last time you listened to them, it put MWO on life support. Don't listen to them again.

Wrong, PGI barely ever listened to the comp players. Infact the balance guy is a lore nerd who cares only about "MUH LORE AHDERENCE" and nerfing weapons/mechs based on his very own personal experience, AKA nerfing cSPLs because he got rekt by Arctic Cheethas and more mechs that were running said weapons.

Infact almost every single change that has brought the game down to it's knees have been done for the sake of appeasing to the "MUH LUORE" populace or for the sake of nerfing player skill in order to artificially close the gap between the better players and the less skilled (which hilariously resulted in the latter getting shat over by the former even harder than before).

To add to the examples, remember the Community Balance Proposal document that was compiled by some comp and competent players and then approved largely by the community? Paul and Chris both discarded it all the while corteusly telling the Balance Gulag team that they didn't know **** (even tho the document was voted for approval by a good percentage of the playerbase) and that the two of then knew better cuz "reasons".

Edited by SneekiBreeki, 11 January 2020 - 08:02 AM.

#1049 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 08:47 AM

^Sir you didn't file the correct paperwork in triplicate for this rebuttal.

#1050 Isaiah Kell

• PipPipPip
  • Hero of Davion
  • Hero of Davion
  • 68 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 08:52 AM

View Postburning wisky, on 10 January 2020 - 09:30 PM, said:

ALL DEAD ? no not all there is a small Town in North of France.

scouting mode = DEAD
Faction mode =DEAD
get a Planed = DEAD
Merc. pilots leaderboard = DEAD
Information = DEAD

What is next ?
Server = ........
Hello PGI, what is the Plan ?

Community/Faction Warfare/Play (CW/FW/FP) is NOT dead. We run premade 12mans almost every night of the week.

Scouting--Good riddance.
Smackin' Planets--I miss that.
Information--clarify please?
Merc Pilot Ldrbrd--IDC, I'm a loyalist

Edited by Isaiah Kell, 11 January 2020 - 08:53 AM.

#1051 blackbullitt

• PipPip
  • General III
  • General III
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 09:03 AM

some of it is unequal mechs. some is team play, some is higher skill players dropping together. how do you make it equal? would you like to buy a mech pack?

#1052 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 09:06 AM

Mech balance is fine lol

#1053 SneekiBreeki

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 358 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 09:15 AM

^ It is fine minus for some mechs that deseprately needs mobility/armor buffs.
Arm armor on mechs like the jagermech/jenner and all the others that fell victim to the dumb HP transfer from the arms to the STs, mobility buffs to the poor Timby, Firestarter (the thing legit can't look up or down) and more.

#1054 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 09:18 AM

As far as using good mechs, is fine.

There are outlier turds in both techbases tho that I agree need some love.

#1055 SneekiBreeki

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 358 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 09:20 AM

Yes, hell i'd love to be able to have fun with some of them as well.

Can we go back to 2016 pre-KDK release please?

Posted Image

#1056 Isaiah Kell

• PipPipPip
  • Hero of Davion
  • Hero of Davion
  • 68 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 09:25 AM

also, heat glitch is real

#1057 SneekiBreeki

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 358 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 09:43 AM

Heat bug can't and won't be fixed for PGI lacks both the capacity to do anything that requires more than putting in new mechs and changing some values in an .XML file into this game and the will to do anything with this very game as well.

Dedd game is dedd.

#1058 Brauer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 11:42 AM

View PostIsaiah Kell, on 11 January 2020 - 07:38 AM, said:

Again? Okay, so IS ERLL.. currently, for it to be viable, this recipe must be conformed to:
1. High weapon mounts
3. 10% range quirk

you don't see any problem with this?

still not seeing a problem with this?

are we seeing a problem with this yet?

You do realize that the top clan ERLL mech also has a range quirk? And that basically across the board strong ERLL traders bring a big TC (including on clan side!)? And I'd add that for an ERLL/CERLL mech you also invest in range nodes in the skill tree.

Why do you have a problem with this recipe? Even if IS ERLL get a buff that will only retain the power difference between the optimal ERLL traders, and less optimal mechs. As an example, do you want to remove the big TC from this recipe? There are a few ways to do that. Like to either a) remove the beam range boost from all TCs, b ) remove TCs entirely, or c) decrease the boost provided by a bigger TC, maybe cap it at TC2 level or something. With TCs in their current state unless IS ERLL get a huge range boost having a big TC will still be a big advantage when ERLL trading.

Additionally, if you buff IS ERLL across the board you will still see the BLR-1G, STK-5S, GHR-5H (and other GHRs), VL-5T, BJ-3, and any other IS mechs with relevant quirks and decent or good mounts (as well as the ANH-1P) dominate other IS mechs that can run ERLL because they'll have those quirks PLUS whatever baseline improvement.

Think about it, say you boost IS ERLL base range to 800. That means with the 10% quirk you reach out to 880. With skill nodes I think you can get another 10-15% range iirc. So you're reaching out to like 960-1000m. Add whatever it is, 5-10% from a big TC and your optimal is over 1,000m. That 10% quirk is still relevant since a lot of ERLL trading occurs between like 1,000 and 1,300m.

Similarly, having good hardpoints and geometry isn't going to change. The BLR-1G, STK-5S, and ANH-1P aren't going to suddenly not be excellent ERLL mechs unless either a) they are nerfed into the ground, b ) other mechs get some kind of mega-quirks to compensate for bad geometry and/or hardpoints), or c) models and/or hardpoints on either current meta-mechs are nerfed, or buffed on whatever mechs it is that you want buffed.

Your idea to give IS ERLL a buff because they are largely used for long range trading on a few mechs doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. IS can use regular LL for laser vomit, so the natural place for ERLL is ERLL trading or (maybe?) gaussvomit. In the case of ERLL trading IS have enough good mechs for those roles that perform very well. The weapon and the variants are filling a niche, so what's the problem?

Edited by Brauer, 11 January 2020 - 11:59 AM.

#1059 Isaiah Kell

• PipPipPip
  • Hero of Davion
  • Hero of Davion
  • 68 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 10:05 AM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 03 August 2018 - 02:00 PM, said:

Here's a quick list of stuff that can be done pulled from comments here:

- Increase health in Incursion base buildings
- Higher ticket count in Conquest
- Call to arms timer change
- Game area indicator for Friends List (QP/FP/Comp/Sol instead of just "Deployed")

Investigating:
- More than 4 drop decks
- Removal of certain maps/modes from FP cycle
- Refresh button on Friends List

Those are mostly QoL improvements with a few direct implementations to FP only as the other stuff is a bigger discussion for the podcast.

Higher ticket count in conquest is just going to turn conquest into skirmish. No bueno.

Why no IS ERLL buff?

Why no heat glitch fix?

Why no fixing the battlegrid glitch?

Why no fixing the unable to see which pilots are dead in the battlegrid pilot list?

Will you be fixing the domination DZ's on river city?

Why no implementing that-which-must-not-be-named software?

Which "certain" maps/modes will you consider removing from FP? Alpine Peaks? Polar Highlands? (clan advantage maps)

Edited by Isaiah Kell, 12 January 2020 - 10:07 AM.

#1060 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 10:11 AM

View PostIsaiah Kell, on 12 January 2020 - 10:05 AM, said:

Higher ticket count in conquest is just going to turn conquest into skirmish. No bueno.

No it isn't lol. Map and cap control just as important, especially for a game mode well known not to go to 48 kills.

Why no IS ERLL buff?

Because its fine.

Which "certain" maps/modes will you consider removing from FP? Alpine Peaks? Polar Highlands? (clan advantage maps)

lol.

The map where IS trade mechs excel and and the map where IS stealth-narc and lrms dominate.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users