Kurita Vs Davion Mini Campaign

247 replies to this topic

#21 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 05:10 PM

I see there's still no signing bonuses anymore...they broke that sometime around the last faction event and never apparently bothered to fix it. I guess I'll only bother with this event on the account I made the mistake of giving up bonus paying contract on, because I think the other which had the bonus still was for marik or liao.

#22 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 05:23 PM

If only there was something that actually made this feel like a unique faction based event. Especially rewarding loyalist units. But then no one really cares about that. It's alll about the extra loot.

#23 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 03 August 2018 - 05:29 PM

Alright, it looks like I get to come down hard on PGI, even though I'm going to try to attack this Event's Challenges. Among the starting stack of problems with this Event...
  • 24-Hour Limit per Challenge Set --- SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN! People need time, if they're to have any chance to be a part of it. 48 Hours is a MINIMUM requirement per Challenge Set for time allowed. Someone at PGI is NOT thinking, as you don't put MWO's Community into the equivalent of a 'Pressure Cooker'!
  • Mode-Specific Challenges --- SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN! With the various Game Modes being limited behind a Randomizer and/or the Community giving each other trouble, the odds of being able to get what you need to complete the task is diminished too heavily. There will be people who won't be able to complete the Event's Challenge Sets due to the limiting gates of Game Modes. This particular Event would have been fine if it had ALL been configured as a General setup for Faction Warfare, but limiting by Game Modes within that is going too far!
...and I'm sure there's more which I'll encounter. But for now, these massive issues put a royal hammering into any Rating which I could have given. Worse, people have yelled at PGI before over these issues, and whoever in their Staff has set this one up apparently did not learn the lessons that were communicated by MWO's Community! I'm sorry, but my initial Review Rating is going to have to be...

5.0/10

...because while the Rewards are rather juicy-looking, making it hard for MWO's Entire Community to have a chance to get in to play in order to qualify is just off the deep end! PGI needs to learn that giving the Community a headache won't be tolerated, and making life hell for the Non-Competitive Players (particularly the Casual-Class ones) is only going to hurt MWO continuing to live into the future. :angry:

~Mr. D. V. "I don't get why PGI keeps making these mistakes... but it should have STOPPED happening." Devnull

#24 Marius Evander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 05:43 PM

Did a game to test as a clanner.
Normal faction play queue does not count towards rewards.
Gotta queue in the Kurita vs Davion IS vs IS conflict as Kurita or Davion (mercenary or loyalist)

Just claryfying for ya'll since the event doesn't say "must be queueing in the IS vs IS kurita vs Davion (mercenary or loyalist special event queue" I know its obvious to some, but to others it wouldn't be, and with PGI eveything is worth checking.

View PostD V Devnull, on 03 August 2018 - 05:29 PM, said:

Spoiler

We have recently had QP only events, Solaris only events, we needed a FP only event. Sadly player population is not high enough to make all events completeable in all modes.

Edited by Cadoazreal, 03 August 2018 - 05:49 PM.

#25 FallGuy0815

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 152 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 06:03 PM

This thing can be completed in a reasonable timeframe:

- If you know that an event is happening
- If you are willing to switch factions to take part
- If you get in games quick enough (right now not a problem apparantly, but pity the fool who tries to do it on the last two hours)

As always very good intentions and a little shaky execution. While i do not completely object a 24 hour timeframe, announce it well in advance. And as long as the faction does not really mean anything except for IS/Clan, make it possible for all IS factions to take part and just randomize teams.

While i dig the idea behind a cool "Davion vs. Kurita" theme in theory, you annoy a lot of players in other IS factions by having them switching sides and having them do another 10 probation matches afterwards to get back. I recently switched and had 9 open probation matches, so no harm done for me, but:

Either make a bigger distinction than IS/Clan between the different houses/clans or open the events for all parties of one side. If all houses feel and play the same, do not force players to jump extra hurdles.

Otherwise a nice kickstart to get people to stick a toe in FP so far. Let us see what the fallout is when the UTC+(3-9) ppl notice this event on a saturday evening

#26 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 03 August 2018 - 06:05 PM

so you can't do this as a clanner?

#27 Mikayshen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 416 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 06:06 PM

I'd add that 24 hour time limits on events should have a minimum of 72 hours warning they're going to start, both on the website as well as in game, that it's going to happen rather than feeling like spur of the moment like this event does. Also 24 hours is terrible, people have lives, sure it's 'Completing each day's challenges should only require 2-4 matches' but that can take upwards of 2 hours, especially if you get a 'no opponent found' scenario, which can happen rather easily.

Good attempt but these day long events should each be 48-72 hours.

#28 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 737 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 03 August 2018 - 06:15 PM

Seems interesting, and a welcome variation to the regular events, good one.
but, too bad you let us know with so little time in advance. I purposely entered the site to check if there was a last minute event posted but not everyone will catch this in time to do the first day.
Also, it would be awesome if you clarified a little more on the rules. Does the first day only let you play skirmish, the second conquest and so on? Or do I have to wait until I get lucky and the match lands on the required game mode? I hope it's not the latter or not many people will complete this.

#29 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 03 August 2018 - 06:15 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 03 August 2018 - 06:05 PM, said:

so you can't do this as a clanner?
*Sigh* guess i'll keep spamming this till i get a clear answer.

Edited by KursedVixen, 03 August 2018 - 06:16 PM.

#30 Mikayshen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 416 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 06:20 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 03 August 2018 - 06:15 PM, said:

*Sigh* guess i'll keep spamming this till i get a clear answer.

Nope, you can't do it as a Clanner. It's a separate queue.

#31 Sable Dove

• Knight Errant
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 06:26 PM

Day 3 is going to be bad. Having a challenge that's basically "play this gamemode and win in the least-fun way possible" is a bad idea.

#32 GamerPro4000

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationSian

Posted 03 August 2018 - 07:15 PM

The challenges in DAY 1 can all be done in scouting guys.

Edited by GamerPro4000, 03 August 2018 - 08:19 PM.

#33 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 07:27 PM

Completed the Event as a merc kurita on one account and merc davion other account in under 3 hours total, I did 1 12 man game and 2 or 3 scouting games on each account to get it done.

What was amusing was the 1st time, I was Kurita, emp and other well known units were dropping Davion side, the bar went all the way to Davion winning the 1st 90 mins, then the 2nd 90 mins I joined davion and the big name units were dropping Kurita and the bar went all the way back to Kurita winning (12 man mode) and the scouting mode the exact opposite was happening.

As usual the large groups clubbing seals.

The solution is not to remove seals, the solution is Solo Queue only, SSR for queing on your own, putting close total overall SSR on each team.
And a Grouped queue 2 people to 12 people (excluding 11 of course) which Small additional rewards 5 MC per 12 man win 3 for a loss ? to entice people into the harder grouped queue.

And yeah its probably too late now coz populations dead right. But we went from 48 FP buckets to 2..... then we added 14 Solaris buckets back in :( Please make solaris a single Queue where you tick how many divisions you want to queue for, with maybe a minimum of 3? So that EVERYONE stops LOOKING FOR PEOPLE ALREADY QUEUED, SEE NO ONE AND LEAVE, you realise when everyone does that OF COURSE YOU THINK ITS DEAD, YOUR THE REASON ITS DEAD, COZ YOUR NOT QUEUEING !

Edited by Cadoazreal, 03 August 2018 - 07:30 PM.

#34 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 03 August 2018 - 07:27 PM

View PostSable Dove, on 03 August 2018 - 06:26 PM, said:

Day 3 is going to be bad. Having a challenge that's basically "play this gamemode and win in the least-fun way possible" is a bad idea.

Only if you are silly enough to let them cap the base, in which case, you deserve it.

10/10 Event for me.

Gets people playing. If you can't do all the events each day, so what?

#35 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 07:31 PM

Oh yikes, win by capture in assault, that might be a bit more difficult lol, but im always up for things that mix things up occasionally, something different is nearly always fun to try a little.

#36 Leidulfr

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 07:39 PM

...This was my first time ever clicking "Faction Play," and... WOW... is it garbage. I thought Quick Play's basically non-existent match maker was bad, making games feel highly random as to whether or not you'd be placed on a competent/capable team, but this is something else. Getting stomped against a bunch of dudes that apparently live for it is fun? How did I even find a match? Must be other randoms just trying to get the event rewards for reasons I still haven't figured out myself, because... whoa... such game design.

And this was in before you guys decided to split the player base even further by adding in the Solaris 7 game type? WAT?

I guess I'll just forget rolling the dice for the "Get A Win" objective. Three very lame, very unbalanced matches were enough, especially considering the time spent wasn't worth the CBills and XP I would have gotten for the same time spent in QP.

Anyways... I'm glad those who got to stomp had their fun, I guess... because shooting 'mechs one at a time as they drop down from a ship is fun, right? It's challenging, right? LUL

(Why am I even here? No one cares!)

Edited by Leidulfr, 03 August 2018 - 09:02 PM.

#37 SilentScreamer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 556 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 07:43 PM

Yay!

#38 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 08:10 PM

View PostLeidulfr, on 03 August 2018 - 07:39 PM, said:

Spoiler

A better question is, can you read, Trying to help you out, 300 MC is worth getting each day but you dont have to queue 12 man mode, you can queue scouting and get it done in half the time with half the frustration.

And yes, Seal clubbing is a huge problem in this game, The Thing is in the past, any mechdad joystick warrior could feel good in Faction Play because 1. working as a group sharing armor communicating is far more valuable than being able to aim in FP, but the seal are finally drying out and many of the clubbers are closing their wallets / moved onto battletech which is more their mechanical pace. The remaining "pro gamerz" in FP cling to SEALS SHOULDN'T BE IN FACTION PLAY! Dont give them a seperate solo queue to our grouped seal clubbing queue ! the player base is too small (it probably is now but it wasn't until 3-6 months after civil war) but they have been screaming that for 4+ years.

This Game is LIKE vanilla WoW, small playerbase because its "end game content" still caters to ONLY "pro gamerz" to get more people in FP there needs to be "heroic mode" with better rewards and "casual mode" with better SSR matchmaking.

And scouting mode should be seperate events with seperate rewards to 12 man mode.

Edited by Cadoazreal, 03 August 2018 - 08:10 PM.

#39 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 08:18 PM

And you made me forget the reason i came back to this thread again, Once again This event punishes Loyalists with a 10 game probationary period when they return to their loyalist faction (if they are willing to break contract)  there should be a

Steiner - "my 7th cousin twice removed is under attack from those filthy Draconis I must aid them even if my House will not"
Liao - "We must support house Draconis from the shadows to keep the Davions in check !"

Edited by Cadoazreal, 03 August 2018 - 08:18 PM.

#40 Kurbeks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 337 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 08:31 PM

So other faction loyalists got screwed again. How about making all units mercs by default?

Edited by Kurbeks, 03 August 2018 - 08:34 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users