186 replies to this topic

#181 My Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Major General
  • Major General
  • 475 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 10:45 PM

View PostPak Hammond, on 14 August 2018 - 08:45 PM, said:

The lurm spam from both sides was one of those things that I wasn't a fan of, but, people will bring whatever they think is going to win the day.
How odd. Not only do the Clans have a lot of AMS but Clan LRMs are easier to beat than IS ones are.

#182 Sneaky Ohgoorchik

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 147 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 11:58 PM

Great Event. Siege suck. Lurms are too fast. I made complete is deck out of loot.

#183 Xezar 123

• Pip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 19 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 15 August 2018 - 01:14 AM

Great event regardless, I wish I could do this without going merc. Now with 25 million C bills, I wonder what I should buy, Dire Wolf, Mist Lynx, Hellbringer, Storm Crow, Marauder, King Crab, Annihilator

#184 ZortPointNarf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Posted 15 August 2018 - 03:22 AM

Ended up enjoying the event, still not a fan of FW,but this was ok.
Only change I would make would be to have each day span 48hrs. Some days you get stomped back to back for hours on end trying to get that win, having a longer time window where you don't run into the same pre-made game after game may help with this.
Had to abandon one night of playing to tend to life, would have been great if I could have just picked up things again the next night, but that's minor.
Good job on letting us know in advance about the event.
For a FW event I give it 9/10, for an event I give it 8/10 as the pre-made slaughter can be un-fun if you can't rally your mates to play (time zones are real yo :P )

#185 SLUGOTHA

• Pip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 10:19 AM

View PostET Penang, on 14 August 2018 - 06:22 PM, said:

Nice event, keep it up PGI! Also one nice thing in this event is there was no one complaining the other side is too strong or OP, as both are using clan mechs.

Once the event switch to IS vs Clan, the forum gets busy....Posted Image

In PENANG

I agree, but in the event anyone actually read the books they might have stumbled on the fact that the Clan 'Mech's ARE SUPERIOR TECHNOLOGY, with oh a century give or take of advancement over the stagnated inner sphere.

Sorry, I don't mean to rant at you, I agree with you. Just had to get that off my chest LOL.

#186 Sneaky Ohgoorchik

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 147 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 01:13 PM

View PostSLUGOTHA, on 15 August 2018 - 10:19 AM, said:

Clan 'Mech's ARE SUPERIOR TECHNOLOGY, with oh a century give or take of advancement over the stagnated inner sphere.

make it 10 to 12

#187 Eisenhorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 15 August 2018 - 01:23 PM

View PostSneaky Ohgoorchik, on 15 August 2018 - 01:13 PM, said:

make it 10 to 12

If you wanna kill the game faster, sure. Quick play would either be IS vs Clans, or everyone would take clan mechs because they're obviously better. PGI can't even balance symmetric teams right now, let alone tweaking for 10v12. Not to mention even if they did, everyone would still play clans over IS because having smaller forces of more elite mechs is always more fun than playing against guys that are stronger than you.

I know you guys are all like "BUT MUH LORE!" but really, you need to acknowledge that if clan tech is flat out better than IS tech, its not good for balance, and not good for the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users