Jade Falcon Vs Clan Wolf Mini-Campaign

186 replies to this topic

#161 Maruku Meshima

• PipPip
  • WC 2018 Participant
  • WC 2018 Participant
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 10:42 PM

The best part is i have play more Star Trek Online in this two Events, as in the last 3 Years! Now all my Chars are up to date and i have found my fun on that game again! thanks PGI!

#162 Marquis De Lafayette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 14 August 2018 - 04:34 AM

View PostEisenhorne, on 13 August 2018 - 07:18 AM, said:

Event is fun, but it clearly shows the need for displaying how many players in queue for each team. Waited like 10-15 minutes last night for a game as Wolf, but wasn't sure if it was because Jade Falcon had fewer players or just nobody in general was playing at that time.

Also shows the need to eliminate probation matches if we're going to be encouraged to swap factions for events. Probation matches are kind of outmoded now that we can swap loyalties at the drop of a hat to just get games.

It would be really useful to have those numbers, but ones friends list (combined with war log info) can give you a pretty good idea. The middle part of the event looked pretty stacked Wolf. Few Falcon friends, even fewer Falcon friends in groups (tons of wolf groups) and the war log totally dominated in NA primetime by Wolf. So, PGI didn’t have to tell me those numbers to know population was out of balance.

Probation matches do need to go....it’s out of date for where we are today.

#163 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 05:20 AM

I had a fun time, Got my Favourite Siege map like 4 times today, Emerald Taiga =)

#164 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 07:33 AM

Just need to grind two or three more matches for my mechbay rank 2 reward and I will be a very satisfied very happy gamer .

Thanks for an awesome event and prizes PGI .

#165 Adarven

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 70 posts
  • LocationPrague, Czech Republic

Posted 14 August 2018 - 08:50 AM

Thank you for the event and prices - so far the best one :)

#166 RCore

• PipPipPip
  • The Deputy
  • The Deputy
  • 54 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 09:51 AM

It's been a fun event, mainly because there are people playing FW again.

Only real negative was having to leave my unit to change faction to play.

#167 FireStoat

• The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 10:20 AM

I had fun with the event for the few days that I played in it. The biggest observation I took away from it was that Linebacker rushes are real, and Clan mechs are largely well balanced against each other. It's like, if you are a Kodiak player you can suddenly take one out and use it even though you have your huge shoulders and flat hitboxes with no bonus durability quirks. All clan mechs with only a few exceptions are in the same boat and feel paper thin.

I look forward to the next FW event like this for certain.

#168 Eisenhorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 14 August 2018 - 10:25 AM

View PostFireStoat, on 14 August 2018 - 10:20 AM, said:

It's like, if you are a Kodiak player you can suddenly take one out and use it even though you have your huge shoulders and flat hitboxes with no bonus durability quirks.

I felt like the Kodiak was even worse against clan mechs. A hellbringer gets a solid burn on you, you're gonna be open ST. A Mad Cat II can almost take a torso in a single shot. At least vs IS mechs they're not a threat from as far away.

#169 My Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Major General
  • Major General
  • 475 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 11:13 AM

View PostMarquis De Lafayette, on 14 August 2018 - 04:34 AM, said:

The middle part of the event looked pretty stacked Wolf.   Few Falcon friends,  even fewer Falcon friends in groups (tons of wolf groups) and the war log totally dominated in NA primetime by Wolf.  So, PGI didn’t have to tell me those numbers to know population was out of balance.

Sounds like the IS vs IS event, where the vast majority of groups were on Kurita stomping on Davion pubs.

#170 Fryepod

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 111 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUpstate, New York

Posted 14 August 2018 - 12:41 PM

Think might be the 3rd post here but great job PGI. Did fantastic even on the Falcon side. Although i came back as a last note...

Scale of fun on the game modes on both events;

Best; Conquest.

Worst; Siege

Obviously just opinion, I know many get annoyed at conquest for pug matches where people are dropping in random weights all over the place, however the outcome of these matches are the closet calls i've had in a long time.

#171 Angrius Windstorm

• PipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 34 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 14 August 2018 - 01:24 PM

Thanks for the event PGI, faction play events are a refreshing change. Day 1 to 4 were fantastic and those particular game modes work well with faction.

I would like to say that I am not angry or crying about PGI etc. Nor am I a game designer or do I pretend to know anything about said career. I love you guys for what you have done so far with MWO. But I feel it needs to be said.

Day 5 Siege mode: It was horrible. I played about 12 faction play matches and did not win one game. Some matches were so lopsided that it was embarrassing. I saw players deliberately disconnect after their first drop (which I cannot stand). I personally think that it highlights issues with this particular game mode. In all of the games that I played the attacking force really had no chance of achieving victory. My problem is that most of the maps channel the attacking force down either two or three small lane ways. If a defending team is adequately spread out and defending the generators, they can hit you from all directions at range, and it feels like that the attacking forces are just being directly fed to the defending forces.

Yes I know some people will say that this is the point, I know nothing about tactics and I am just simply a **** player. I believe it needs addressing though.

But this is just one mans opinion here.

#172 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 14 August 2018 - 05:08 PM

Great event, thanks PGI. Next please!

View PostAngrius Windstorm, on 14 August 2018 - 01:24 PM, said:

Day 5 Siege mode: It was horrible. I played about 12 faction play matches and did not win one game.

Sorry, that does suck. The issue is not so much the mode, but the power of teamwork and the skill of understating the builds and ebb and flow of the gamemode. And yes, a couple of maps disproportionately favour the defenders.

It's worth pointing out though that attacking in Siege gives you two ways to win ... kill all the enemies or destroy the gun. Sometimes, mid-match, when it's clear we're not going to be able to kill all the enemies in time (typically because they are hiding under their dropships in their drop zone), we jump in our lighter Mechs and single-mindedly focus on destroying the gens and gun. It's actually hard for defenders to stop a team which fully commits to a gen-rush.

But it's hard to coordinate a strategy when you're just in a random collection of PUGs.

The most frustrating experiences I have in FP are when I drop with PUGs and some of them refuse to play along with the rest of the team. They camp and poke, or reinforce waves out of sync with the team, or just keep charging into the enemy guns, or shoot gens when they should be shooting Mechs, or vice versa.

Those selfish players cause their team to lose.

Edited by Appogee, 14 August 2018 - 05:10 PM.

#173 Geewiz 27

• PipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 96 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 05:41 PM

Another great FW event PGI. I hope you intend to roll through all the factions so all the loyalists out there get there turn and the rest of us Mercs can follow wherever the almighty c-bill leads us!Posted Image

#174 Tier5ForLife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 481 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 05:56 PM

KEEP the 10 probation match rules. In fact, I'd double the negatives and also make it 20 matches.

Switch every hour if you want to, but you should not expect all the benefits that real loyalist/clanners get.

#175 Tier5ForLife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 481 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 06:00 PM

View PostAppogee, on 14 August 2018 - 05:08 PM, said:

Great event, thanks PGI. Next please!

Sorry, that does suck. The issue is not so much the mode, but the power of teamwork and the skill of understating the builds and ebb and flow of the gamemode. And yes, a couple of maps disproportionately favour the defenders.

It's worth pointing out though that attacking in Siege gives you two ways to win ... kill all the enemies or destroy the gun. Sometimes, mid-match, when it's clear we're not going to be able to kill all the enemies in time (typically because they are hiding under their dropships in their drop zone), we jump in our lighter Mechs and single-mindedly focus on destroying the gens and gun. It's actually hard for defenders to stop a team which fully commits to a gen-rush.

But it's hard to coordinate a strategy when you're just in a random collection of PUGs.

The most frustrating experiences I have in FP are when I drop with PUGs and some of them refuse to play along with the rest of the team. They camp and poke, or reinforce waves out of sync with the team, or just keep charging into the enemy guns, or shoot gens when they should be shooting Mechs, or vice versa.

Those selfish players cause their team to lose.

It is not them being selfish, they simply do not know what to do or where to go. I see players shooting the gates because they do not know how they work. Some have never seen a Gen or Omega let alone know the best way to get to it.

Next time try talking to them. It works!

#176 ET Penang

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 84 posts
  • LocationPenang: near Char Koay Teow, Nasi Lemak & Chandoi stalls

Posted 14 August 2018 - 06:22 PM

Nice event, keep it up PGI! Also one nice thing in this event is there was no one complaining the other side is too strong or OP, as both are using clan mechs.

Once the event switch to IS vs Clan, the forum gets busy....Posted Image

In PENANG

#177 Djembe

Rookie

• Shredder
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 06:33 PM

I never post here but these two mini campaigns were awesome enough to prompt a posting, please do this more as faction play is fun and engaging but people need the incentive of the events to funnel the population to fill up the ques and make the match ups happen quickly and result in great games. Please do more, and also imo downtime between events should be shorter, the number of players always goes up with loot bag events and these faction play competitions which is better for us as players and also you folks as devs. Keep it up :- )

#178 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 14 August 2018 - 06:52 PM

waited till some sleep, to post, would had been a bad post with the amount of anger that arises from players bring LRM's on attack to take out the Omega.
only took one match to complete, kinda same ,but took 3 with the alt (wasn't till 3rd to get the win).

siege on a Monday was not a good idea, it's the mode most want to play, that part of the event needed to be on a Saturday or at least Friday.

due to day of week, and the time, I almost had to PUG, kinda was, but I was grouped with one other, friends list was almost empty, and I wasn't going to wait.

even with the bad moments and with whom I had to group with (mainly when I logged in early with alt [No Friends list]), I enjoyed the event

thank you for the Event

#179 Pak Hammond

• PipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 63 posts
  • LocationTrying to run on a connection that has to cross oceans

Posted 14 August 2018 - 08:45 PM

This was an interesting and fun event.

I am saying this having pugged all but the first day of the event. The lurm spam from both sides was one of those things that I wasn't a fan of, but, people will bring whatever they think is going to win the day.

I have read DV's feedback and event scores and whilst I can see the 24 hour thing being tricky, its an event with free stuff. Reading the forums it is clear that a number of people decided to sit these events out for various reasons. There is nothing that tells anyone that they have to take part. Those that do, should be going into the event with the understanding that they may not complete all parts. That's just the way life is.

Siege probably could have had a different day, but it was what it was.

Anyone who couldn't complete all parts and wants to complain that it was too lopsided, you really needed to try different parts of the day. Wolf was dominant at certain times and Falcon was dominant at others. Much as I expected and took into account when playing.

All in all this was a definite 7.5/10 on my event scoring. Hopefully we will see more of these.

#180 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 14 August 2018 - 10:41 PM

View PostLikeUntoBuddha, on 14 August 2018 - 06:00 PM, said:

It is not them being selfish, they simply do not know what to do or where to go... Next time try talking to them. It works!

We tell them. Via VOIP, and in chat. The ones I am referring to ignore it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users