Jade Falcon Vs Clan Wolf Mini-Campaign

186 replies to this topic

#121 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 11 August 2018 - 04:46 PM

And now for an Event Rating Update ---

As of now, my earlier Rating of "7.5/10" is absolute junk. Why?
  • My earlier point about needing 48-Hour Minimums for each and every Challenge Set Phase has been made far too clear to me. How? My family has been constantly sabotaging my time out from under me repeatedly during the course of this Event so far. I am simply not getting enough time to participate properly in this "Jade Falcon vs. Clan Wolf" Event during each Challenge Set Phase.
  • Worse, in regard to lack of time... If this is happening to me, I then have to consider and wonder how many newbies to Faction Warfare are not getting enough time to honestly understand how to play these Game Modes with a 4 Mech DropDeck and opponents that can come back a few times. I would like to have thought that this Event was meant to get people involved, and NOT just set them up to be 'clubbed seals' for others to pound upon. People who don't get time to understand will NEVER stick around.
  • On top of it, the MWO Community in general is failing to communicate. Those willing to communicate (myself, for example) are being actively focused by the Enemy, because the Enemy can shoot past all of the non-communicators at those that do speak up. Without communication, Teamwork fails to happen, and thus matches are lost.
  • Further, it is taking me more than just "2 to 4 Matches" to get through any Challenge Set directly due to the above problems, creating a 'snowball effect. This tells me that some reasonable chunk of the Player Base is suffering the same issues. That's just NOT funny.
So, given the above issues that have expanded out, there's no question. What I could give for an Event Review Rating must take a hard nosedive, so it falls to...

5.0/10

...and one can hope that PGI's Event Handlers will learn to stop abusing everyone who isn't a 'Top-Tier Competitive'-type Player. A whole lot of hell could have been alleviated just by making all the Event Challenge Set Phases have a 48-Hour Minimum of time allocated to each of them. :angry:

As for this...

View PostJames Argent, on 11 August 2018 - 10:42 AM, said:

Re: 'but muh loyalist.' If you like roleplaying that much, roleplay that you're a bondsman in one of the factions involved in the event, and that you'll be returned to your faction once the event is over, either out of respect for how well you performed or because the bonding faction decided you weren't worth keeping and would do more for them if you were with your original faction.

Re: 'autistic screeching about LRMs.' Did you bring AMS? Did you skill for Radar Deprivation? Did you shoot the UAV or the NARCer/spotter? Did you...oh, I don't know...find a rock, building, or depression and keep it close enough to walk casually over to it? The tools are there, it's all on you if you don't use them. For people who constantly complain about the lack of skill required to use LRMs, your own skills certainly don't seem up to the challenge of a playstyle that takes you out of your established comfort zone. Yes, I died to LRMs a few times last night. You know what, though? Almost everybody dies a few times in every Invasion match no matter what weapon is used against them...that's why you're required to bring four mechs in your dropdeck. If it wasn't for the LRMs, you'd die to something else and it would change nothing except for checking some box in your head you've worked up as being somehow more acceptable.

James, well said! It seems like there are too many people who haven't learned to adapt. Worse, MWO's Community needs to tell PGI to AVOID NERFING LRMs in the upcoming August Monthly Patch. It takes one hell of a lot more skill to position properly to avoid hitting your Team in their collective backs while still helping them pound the Enemy to dust. B)

It makes me wonder if these people are mindless enough to prefer that you bring Direct Fire Weapons, even though those people are facehugging the enemy to the point that you'll end up constantly hitting them instead of the Enemy? It makes LRMs the only usable choice after that, otherwise you basically have to let them die because they were facehugging the Enemy. :(

And then this...

View PostCadoazreal, on 11 August 2018 - 03:18 PM, said:

Oh wow.... i somehow didnt get river city during my domination game but yeah that open water dropzone is TERRIBLE my condolences to anyone who had to deal with it.

If you get a reasonable team, it will actually be the farthest Drop Zone from the battle area that becomes cumbersome. Being able to get to the battle in the first place is a healthy part of actually helping a team do well. But yeah, if you're getting pugstomped to death, then your words about River City's Domination Game Mode stand perfectly true. :mellow:

And now, everyone, pardon me. I've got to scram again. So much to do, so little time... and I need to get some food or I'll croak. My brain has just run out of fuel, preventing me from being able to post my thoughts more clearly than this. :wacko:

~Mr. D. V. "Not enough time, not enough chances to people to adapt and learn... It's hurting the Event!" Devnull

#122 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 11 August 2018 - 09:00 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 11 August 2018 - 04:46 PM, said:

And now for an Event Rating Update ---

As of now, my earlier Rating of "7.5/10" is absolute junk. Why?
  • My earlier point about needing 48-Hour Minimums for each and every Challenge Set Phase has been made far too clear to me. How? My family has been constantly sabotaging my time out from under me repeatedly during the course of this Event so far. I am simply not getting enough time to participate properly in this "Jade Falcon vs. Clan Wolf" Event during each Challenge Set Phase.
  • Worse, in regard to lack of time... If this is happening to me, I then have to consider and wonder how many newbies to Faction Warfare are not getting enough time to honestly understand how to play these Game Modes with a 4 Mech DropDeck and opponents that can come back a few times. I would like to have thought that this Event was meant to get people involved, and NOT just set them up to be 'clubbed seals' for others to pound upon. People who don't get time to understand will NEVER stick around.
  • On top of it, the MWO Community in general is failing to communicate. Those willing to communicate (myself, for example) are being actively focused by the Enemy, because the Enemy can shoot past all of the non-communicators at those that do speak up. Without communication, Teamwork fails to happen, and thus matches are lost.
  • Further, it is taking me more than just "2 to 4 Matches" to get through any Challenge Set directly due to the above problems, creating a 'snowball effect. This tells me that some reasonable chunk of the Player Base is suffering the same issues. That's just NOT funny.

So lemme get this straight... Last week you were complaining about the event because you didn't get enough notice.
And now you have been given enough notice your family is getting in the way.

And when you are playing the enemy they are magically focusing the people on comms... When... They can't possibly know, which is more like, you're outta position. Sounds like all this comes back to one factor that ain't PGI.

I think the event is great and I haven't even played a game yet. Why? Because I am a realist and if I can't do a couple of the days, so what. 1,000s of other people can so just because I can't in no way means it's bad. It's not all about "me".

Edited by justcallme A S H, 11 August 2018 - 09:26 PM.

#123 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 11 August 2018 - 09:41 PM

PREACH ON, Brother Ash! Not enough "likes" in the world for that post.

#124 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 10:48 PM

So everyone has seen the lurming on both sides?

You know what that means, there's special demand for narcs. Be that guy, it's fun, specially when you narc some fresh mech and then you see him pulling back into cover or to wait next to ECM teammate.

Clans can have so many nice mechs fit for both narcing and fighting, you don't really have to compromise much. Though it really helps if you can afford to take the skill nodes for narc improvement as well as full ECM.

#125 DarkFhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 11:31 PM

@ DV Devnul

Your sabatour family is not PGI,s fault
48 hours s more than enough time and it's on the weekend
Failure to communicate is not PGI,s fault
2 - 4 matches is a guesstimate and regardless you have 48 hours and you are tier 1

Furthermore your ratings are annoying and worthless since you keep changing the number based on your bad moods and hard luck .

I give your troll posts a 3 / 10 rating

#126 Laser Kiwi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • 271 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 03:53 AM

LRM's are part of this game. They aren't OP. You used to take a radar dep module, now most of you don't, its actually the players fault lrms are even a little effective, not PGI's

#127 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 12 August 2018 - 07:03 AM

View PostLaser Kiwi, on 12 August 2018 - 03:53 AM, said:

LRM's are part of this game. They aren't OP. You used to take a radar dep module, now most of you don't, its actually the players fault lrms are even a little effective, not PGI's

Radar Derp this.....

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/296157543

#128 Tier5ForLife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 481 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 08:01 AM

I finally killed ASH so my career in MWO is over anyway....

P.S. **** all of you fake Clanners!

Edited by LikeUntoBuddha, 12 August 2018 - 08:02 AM.

#129 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,679 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 12 August 2018 - 08:25 AM

View PostLikeUntoBuddha, on 12 August 2018 - 08:01 AM, said:

I finally killed ASH so my career in MWO is over anyway....

P.S. **** all of you fake Clanners!

It is over? Your post makes it appear as if it is the last nail in the coffin..!!! Should say, my MWO career is complete!!, looking up!!! .. put a more positive spin on it.. Unless you believe he is going to send headhunters after you then it is over.. Posted Image

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 12 August 2018 - 08:26 AM.

#130 Leviathan MDK

• PipPip
  • The Universe
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 10:43 AM

View PostEisenhorne, on 12 August 2018 - 07:03 AM, said:

in two words: holly sh**!!!

Nice narcing/ lurming co op.

#131 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 12 August 2018 - 12:29 PM

View PostGully D, on 09 August 2018 - 06:28 PM, said:

Hey all

Could these events be limited to groups of 4 or solo. This will be more fair on puggles (who we stomp or get stomped)

Just in case I missed this mentioned somewhere else, apoligies.

Thanks
G

No.

How about you don't play solo or add more people to your group to make 12.

Not like you were not warned that you will be swimming in the deep end of the pool....

#132 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 12 August 2018 - 01:16 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 12 August 2018 - 08:25 AM, said:

It is over? Your post makes it appear as if it is the last nail in the coffin..!!! Should say, my MWO career is complete!!, looking up!!! .. put a more positive spin on it.. Unless you believe he is going to send headhunters after you then it is over.. Posted Image

Well I shouldn't say it was because a careless team member blew my toriso off in a single alpha 60s earlier.

But yeah, he did get me lol.

#133 Tier5ForLife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 481 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 04:09 PM

At this point in my life, my goals are simple. To kill everyone I know at least once. To make it to the bathroom by myself. To somehow stay up until 10:00 PM. To find a reason to smile at once a week.

I'll take luck or whatever.

(give me your old PC ASH!)

#134 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 05:08 PM

Found a big flaw... last event you had to win the assault stage by capping the base...this time its just assault win... all that does is encourage farming of the enemy team if the win is assured, instead of forcing clan players to actually CAPTURE the target like you forced the IS players to do. Farming instead of taking an easy win is of course the sort of play behavior that is why 95% of the player base purposely avoids the FP queue aside from events with good prizes. Being farmed isn't fun. But changing the win condition for this mode stage encourages and rewards that behavior.

#135 FallGuy0815

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 152 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 05:18 PM

The "Press R" objective are spotting assists btw. From the wiki:

Spotting Assist is a credit for the act of targeting an enemy 'Mech when a teammate successfully attacks it with indirect missile fire. The criteria for getting the credit is that you are the first to target the enemy 'Mech, be in line-of-sight of the 'Mech and within sensor range and the 'Mech must be hit by a teammate's LRMs during that target lock. A credit can be achieved once per target for each teammate that successfully strikes the opposing 'Mech with your assistance.

I like it better that you only need a win and not a win by capture, these can be hard to come by.

#136 W4R GOD

• PipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 90 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 06:52 PM

View PostEisenhorne, on 12 August 2018 - 07:03 AM, said:

Buff lurms and nerf Reckless!

#137 Jonathan8883

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 708 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 07:44 PM

Polar is not a good map for FP Assault. I don't think any of us got past our 3rd mech on this drop... no capture points touched. Won via kill balance, 29 to 21 or something like that.

I got all 4 event goals completed in 1 game with 2 mechs. My 3rd mech didn't get past our cap point before we ran out of time.

#138 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 12 August 2018 - 08:07 PM

View PostW4R GOD, on 12 August 2018 - 06:52 PM, said:

Buff lurms and nerf Reckless!

I'd say PGI should send a hitsquad out to break his hands so he plays worse, but Jujushinobi has shown us that you can lurm effectively with your feet.

#139 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 12 August 2018 - 10:11 PM

today's event went well for me.

did not care for the company I had to run with, would rather had shot them instead

#140 FrostyBurn

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 90 posts
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 12 August 2018 - 10:19 PM

I got Narced and Lurmed on Forest yesterday in the event. Guess what. Those sturdy trees can really eat up those missiles ;) So Lurms is Wolfs go to strategy now?

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users